Photo Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyortan1

Original Poster
I have heard that the photo pass is a great idea, but i also heard it can be quite expensive.

1. Is it Worth it.
2. Has anyone just bought the pics and not the cd.
3. Are they better quality than other cameras
4. If you buy the cd can you print the pictures from the cd at home, and do they print well.

thanks

shari71

1. Yes
2. Two years ago I bought the pictures. They are nice, but kind of expensive
3. Pictures are ok quality - not bad but they are printed on a regular high-end printer.
4. Yes, you can print the pictures. They are the same hi-res files that they print from.

Only difference I saw in CD vs printing is that you could not add the special affects to the cd version like you can to the prints.

Since the CD is 1 price regardless of the number of pictures, we went up to every Photo Pass photographer to get as many as we could. About 90 the last trip. Even if you get the CD you can still view them online and get prints, but only for 30 or 60 days after you trip. They do expire and you cannot get them back, which is why the CD worked for us.

Scooter

They are a tad expensive.
If you are going to WDW on a tight budget, bring your own camera as depending on Photo Pass prices will shock you when you get home and try to order them.

If you allow enough $$ for Photo Pass in your budget, then by all means go for it.

I figure it's like the Conceirge of Photo opps.:lol:

Aurora_25

1. Yes it's worth it in my opinion
2. We used to buy just the photos we liked (before they introduced the cd)
3. Not sure that the pictures are any better quality than the ones I have taken, but I get to be in the picture with my family (or whoever is normally taking the pictures is in the shot as well)
4. If you get the CD you can print the pictures at home or even at Walmart, Walgreens- wherever you get pictures printed because you are paying for the copywrite of those pictures (from what I remember when I got my CD.....I could be wrong though....)

In my opinion the cd is a better deal than buying the other pictures, but that's because I can get all the pictures and end up paying less than if I bought the 5x7 pictures that Disney offers.....We generally end up with over 70 photo pass photos (I know, that's alot....) so I like having all of them, even the ones that aren't that great just because they are memories....

CleveRocks

1. Yes it's worth it in my opinion
2. We used to buy just the photos we liked (before they introduced the cd)
3. Not sure that the pictures are any better quality than the ones I have taken, but I get to be in the picture with my family (or whoever is normally taking the pictures is in the shot as well)
4. If you get the CD you can print the pictures at home or even at Walmart, Walgreens- wherever you get pictures printed because you are paying for the copywrite of those pictures (from what I remember when I got my CD.....I could be wrong though....)

In my opinion the cd is a better deal than buying the other pictures, but that's because I can get all the pictures and end up paying less than if I bought the 5x7 pictures that Disney offers.....We generally end up with over 70 photo pass photos (I know, that's alot....) so I like having all of them, even the ones that aren't that great just because they are memories....
Aurora saved me the trouble of typing out nearly EXACTLY the same opinions.

To me, it in no way replaces taking my own pictures. But it's a great opportunity to have other pictures. And since you pay NOTHING up front, there's absolutely NO RISK in getting PhotoPass pics taken.

You get to look at them (online) before you buy them, so if you don't like the quality you just don't buy them.

randyortan1

Original Poster
I live in london so i don't have walmart but we do have machines in chemists that print out pics from memory card.

So is it true you can bring the cd to those types of places and print them out from the machine in the shop.

lilclerk

I live in london so i don't have walmart but we do have machines in chemists that print out pics from memory card.

So is it true you can bring the cd to those types of places and print them out from the machine in the shop.

Yes. I think when you buy the CD, you're buying the copyright for the photos, so you can print them anywhere.

packwingfn

I usually use photopass and take a bunch of pictures with it then purchase at least the best photo of the bunch.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I definately travel with a budget and we have bought a few of the photo pass pictures. And the photographers have always been willing to take a picture with our own camera too, so that saves some money.

TTFN-Tiggger

I enjoy the pictures from the photo pass. I have never bought the CD - just the prints. It could save me lots of money though I am sure. I buy 1-2 pictures from this service at each park. I pick the best of the best. I like the fun signatures, borders and such that they can use. One other note - during the MVMCP we were give a special photo pass for the night. Any pictures on that card that were purchased that evening were 50% off. Not a bad deal!! Of course I had to buy a bunch at that price! This is one souviner that I always buget for and enjoy. I am a scrapbooking person so it is the best gift I can buy for myself.

monorailguy01

I do think they are worth it but I figured out a way to get the pictures with out paying all that money for them. If you have a LCD computer monitor you can take a picture of the screen and the picture will come out great like you took it yourself at the park... other then that they are really over priced

StarWolf

We see two great things about the photopass CD. For $99 (last year anyway) we got 95 professional pictures. On top of that, we spent about a 1/2hr at the photo center in Epcot and they cheerfully added signatures, borders, etc to the best pictures. This is the best thing. It really makes the photos special.

Took the CD home and printed a bunch out. And we have the option of taking it somewhere like Wal-mart to get big pictures printed.

We did also buy a few printed pictures last year. Three sets I think. Probably cost as much as the CD did.

David

I agree with other posters that it is a great value IF you use every photographer you see. I think the disc can hold up to 300 shots and the photographers will gladly take multiple shots.

Ask them to take different angles--the train station in the background instead of the castle, monorail in the background instead of SSE, etc.

Of course, it's fun to have your own shots, but to get everyone in the group, use the Photopass and use it often. The $100.00 for the disc will be worth it.

Dippy Dawg

Last time we went (February 06) we got the CD for $99. Is it still that price or has it gone up. We had our cd made on our last day after breakfast and did not have any days left on our tickets. We had to go to the Grand Floridian gift shop to have this done. Do they still do it there? And do you know of any other places where it can be created outside of the turnstiles?

I also remember spending about 45 minutes or so with the photo clerk personalizing the photos on the cd (signatures, borders croping etc.) We had over 100 photos. When she created the cd not only did we get all the photos we personalized but the origianl photos as well, we had over 200 photos all for $99, for Disney that is cheap. And if you have a high quality printer at home, like we do, then it is even cheaper!!!

Go Photopass

Of course we had our own digital camera with us with about 200 more pictures. We love photos at Disney!!!!!

CleveRocks

The Photopass CD now costs about $125. You can order it from home, on the Internet. The CD now includes all the "extras" previously unavailable on the $99 CD, such as borders, icons, etc.

soin2disney

I have a question...

You don't need a confirmation for the Photo pass do you? I have a reservation with the Disney Travel Co. and they sent me my car rental, hotel, etc... I'm not suppose to get a voucher for the Photo Pass am I?

Iakona

You don't need a confirmation for the Photo pass do you? I have a reservation with the Disney Travel Co. and they sent me my car rental, hotel, etc... I'm not suppose to get a voucher for the Photo Pass am I?

You will get a plastic photopass card from one of the photographers. The first time you have them take your picture you will get a card. Then use that cars for every time you have a Disney photographer take your picture. When you get home you go on line, enter the serial # of the photopass card and your pictures will be on line. I am not sure if you can buy the CD on line. The last one I got we had to purchase the cd-rom before we left for home (we did it in Epcot).

disneymonger

Let me first say that my whole experience with the PhotoPass was :hurl: . I was told by several CMs that I would be able to add all the extra objects (signatures, graphics, etc.) if I bought the CD, I was even told there were more objects on the CD than on the website or at the parks. So I order my $124 :eek: CD and there are only the original photos on them...most of which were poor (eyes closed, double exposure, etc.). The photographers do not review the photos they take and a lot of the times, you may only go to a park once during your trip, and if the photos are bad, you have to go all the way back to the park and take them again because the photographer doesn't review them as they take them. I had 48 pictures on my CD and I only printed about 8 of them. I feel it was a complete waste of money especially since I was so grossly misinformed. When I got home and tried to add all the graphics on the website that I was told about, I couldn't do it, they were not available. The most graphics are available if you went to one of the PhotoPass locations at the park and had them add it on. The photographers do not take very good pictures, they were not centered, (we waited in line in MTTF for the meet and greet with the characters and they put you in scenes that match with the characters and the photos we had did not have us even remotely close to being centered in the scene...lots of cropping was needed to make the photo good.) To say the least, I was very disappointed in the PhotoPass system. If I had been informed correctly, I would have spent a whole day adding graphics and stuff at the parks. I'm really unsure if I would use it again, especially since $124 is VERY pricey for 48 average photos :mad: .

shari71

www.disneyphotopass.com

It says in small print on the CD page:
"Note: We suggest that you review all of the images in your account and make edits to your photos prior to purchasing your CD to ensure your photos include the borders and signatures that you desire."

This was not available in Oct when we last went, so we just go the images and did not expect to get extras. We thought the pictures were so so, but then again we had them taken everywhere we went so we would have a lot to choose from.

Check out the PhotoBooks. That may be something I look into on our next trip. I did the movie in 2005 and was a little disappointed with the landscape vs portrait borders when I had taken the time to make sure the pictures were positioned the way I wanted. But it was a nice touch to remember our vacation by.

tevange365

First let me say this if you plan to use the photo pass to your advantage it can be very worthwhile, we just returned from our vacation and are currently working on editing our photo pass from home. We have already sent it to our friends ect... & at 125 .00 we are taking our time, you have 30 days from when you register your photo pass to edit add borders ... signatures ect..we are up to 153 pictures and at the price Disney charges for the cd and the copyrights it is well worth it .. we have photos taken where ever there was someone with a camera and still wish we had more . just remember it only takes a few seconds and almost all of my pictures came out fantastic
Noone say's you have to buy it but it is a fantastic option especially when everyone is in the picture and someone is not behind the camera ....:ROFLOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom