Photo Pass Questions

momof2girls

I have a couple questions about photo pass. I heard somewhere that you can purchase a CD for about $100 and it will have all your photo pass pictures on it and you can print them yourself as you want. Is this true?? Also, what kind of pictures do they take on the photo pass? Is it pictures taken in character meals, on rides, in front of the castle?

nibblesandbits

I can help a bit..Yes...I believe it costs $100 and you will get a cd (and I'm sure a copyright release...which is the most important part of that...b/c with out the release, you can't copy the pictures.)

You then have the authority to take those photos anywhere you want to get copies. I have heard the suggestion to look at the photos on site to order the cd because they will do some special things for you to enhance the pictures.

Right now the only pictures on the cd are the ones taken by the photographers that Disney has located all around the resort. (Like in front of the castle or when you meet Mickey in Toon Town) These cds do not include ride photos or photos taken at character meals.

I hope all this helps. I have never actually purchased my cd before, so all of this information comes from what I have learned from this site. If I am wrong about anything, I am sure someone will correct me.

Upvote 0

schachteles

I purchased the CD on our last two trips...on our trip in April we were able to enhance the pictures which was GREAT, not they don't allow you to enhance them which stinks but it is still a good thing to buy. You get pictures that were taken with any PhotoPass person (and the Breakfastsaurus in AK pictures can go on that disk because they do scan your card).

Upvote 0

ZapperZ

They do put the "enhancement" if you took a picture where you have your hand out while you're supposed to hold Simba, for example. So that kind of enhancement is still done, or else you will look rather odd in such a picture. However, they will no longer put other kind of enhancement such as putting theme park icon on your picture or special borders.

My advice is, if you plan buying the CD, make sure you make use of as many of the photpass photographers as you can, because it will cost the same whether you have 1 picture, or 200 pictures.

Zz.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

We bought it... the photo's are released to you to do with them what you wish, give them to whoever you wish, and make as many copies as you wish. They become "YOUR" pictures, essentially.

One word of advice... take as many as you can from day one. We waited, stupidly. We missed so many good pictures. Even if you don't think you are going to buy the CD, it doesn't hurt - and is free - to have a picture snapped and put on the PhotoPass. I wish we would have... especially for $100!!!

Upvote 0

brertigger

$100 sounds quite expensive at first for a cd, but when you start thinking about Disney charging $10 for a picture you can get for about $1 elsewhere and you are ordering many copies of the different pictures, the savings can easily pay for the cd.

I have never had enough pictures taken on one trip to make the cd worthwhile. At least not yet. It is a good idea, though.

Upvote 0

shari71

Where do you get these CDs? Are the pictures high-res or low? I looked on our last trip but could not find anything about it. My photopass expires on Monday and I can't decide how much I want to spend.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

shari71 said:
Where do you get these CDs? Are the pictures high-res or low? I looked on our last trip but could not find anything about it. My photopass expires on Monday and I can't decide how much I want to spend.
I'm pretty sure you can order them online, I'd visit the website... or in the case of still being at WDW, you can get them at any of the PhotoPass centers... just ask a CM or look in your park map...

They are of GREAT resolution... probably some of the very best I have seen. Some photo's do turn out better than others... depends on lighting, photographer, and what's going on in the background. Most of ours were candid, but the photos we posed for were 95% perfect - but there is nothing you can do about the sun, or it's glare, or having it behind you or in front of you affecting the photo.

I say, if you have an extra $100, really want ALL of the photo's, plan on making multiple copies, plan on using them on the web, etc., then it is money well spent.

(I took my CD to Costco, BTW and made all kinds of copies, and put them on different websites... I'm also probably going to make some enlargements, too!!!)

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

We bought our photopass CD in April and were very happy with the pictures. I made sure we took advantage of as many photographers as possible. We ended up with about 100 pictures. Some were posed, some were candid (with characters), some were silly (screaming in front of ToT), nice family poses, just kids, 1 child by themselves etc etc.

When we were there, all of the enhancements were available so we really ended up with about 200 pictures. The one of my boys "holding" Simba is just adorable.......I am sorry to read that they are no longer adding the other enhancements as an option. Having "logos" and character signatures on some of them makes them fun.

I was able to make lots of copies at home using the CD, and some great enlargements. The colors and quality and really great....the castle lit up is just gorgeous....I never could get a picture like that on my camera. I am really glad we bought it and for me, it was worth the $100.

Don't be shy about asking the photographers for some different poses (in the entrance to Epcot, we asked if my 1 son could stand by himself because he wanted 1 of just him in front of SSE....he really hammed it up!)....and many times there are multiple photographers in some areas (in front of castle, hat etc). Have more than 1 take pictures (if your kids will stand it) because then you have different angles, poses etc. Some will turn out better than others.

Upvote 0

PuertoRekinSam

Photopass CDs can be gotten in any of the four parks at their camera centers. Now that Kodak is no longer taking photos in the parks, you can see and purchase any and all photos at any of the parks.

As for ride photos...

Upvote 0

ZapperZ

PuertoRekinSam said:
Photopass CDs can be gotten in any of the four parks at their camera centers. Now that Kodak is no longer taking photos in the parks, you can see and purchase any and all photos at any of the parks.

As for ride photos...

Is this true?

I went there earlier this month, and the only two places where you can purchase the photopass CD are the Camera store at Epcot, and another store in Mickey's Toontown at MK. At least, this was the info we got for the Annual Passholders, since AP holders get 10% discount till the end of June.

And about the online thing, again, unless things have changed, you cannot order the CD online. You also cannot copy the photos online. All you can do is embelish your pictures, and then order them, before the 30-day period and they disappear.

So as of now, if you want the CD, you have to get it there before you leave.

Zz.

Upvote 0

Tramp

momof2girls said:
I have a couple questions about photo pass. I heard somewhere that you can purchase a CD for about $100 and it will have all your photo pass pictures on it and you can print them yourself as you want. Is this true?? Also, what kind of pictures do they take on the photo pass? Is it pictures taken in character meals, on rides, in front of the castle?

I didn't see this posted anywhere so as an update, you can get the CD at the Grand Floridian hotel on the second floor. If you take the monorail there, it's right thru the doors and to the right.

PhotoPass is a terrific idea and if they put more of the photographers around the park at the attractions and character meals, there would almost be no need to carry a camera.

Upvote 0

nillyp

The photos from photopass online are actually pretty easy to copy to your computer. And no, I didn't steal from Disney, after I bought my photos, there was one in particular I wanted to use as my desktop background. So I just saved it to my computer from their site and set it as my background. I figured it was a lot easier than me going and buying a scanner, etc . And I didn't feel too bad about it since I had actually purchased the photos.

Upvote 0

Tramp

I copied them from the web page last year too but they are very small, only 400x300 pixels or so. They're perfect for internet use or emailing. But, the full size photo is a high resolution 3000 x 2000 pixels and really makes a crisp 8 x 10 photo. :)

Upvote 0

biggy H

Photopass at resorts

Tramp said:
I didn't see this posted anywhere so as an update, you can get the CD at the Grand Floridian hotel on the second floor. If you take the monorail there, it's right thru the doors and to the right.

They are adding the photopass desks at all the resorts starting with the GF. We spoke to the imagineer who was in charge of the project during our trip in july.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom