Photo packages ?

paul436

Original Poster
Last year when I went to WDW there was a photo package available that was pre-paid and allowed us to get all of our photos taken by the Disney photogs on a CD. We were also able to order some prints with the package. Does the cruise line have anything like this?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Last year when I went to WDW there was a photo package available that was pre-paid and allowed us to get all of our photos taken by the Disney photogs on a CD. We were also able to order some prints with the package. Does the cruise line have anything like this?

There is, on our cruise the cd was $399 but i dont know if it is always that much or if its less for shorter cruises

paul436

Original Poster
Do you purchase it at Shutters while on board or pre-pay before the cruise to get a cheaper deal?

Disneyfalcon

Still Quite Pricey :fork:

Definitely! I didn't spring for it and we usually get photopass in the parks. There are a ton of people who get it though! Considering how many times I've stood behind someone in line who was spending hundreds on pictures, it's worth it to a lot of people.

Crush Dude!

Definitely! I didn't spring for it and we usually get photopass in the parks. There are a ton of people who get it though! Considering how many times I've stood behind someone in line who was spending hundreds on pictures, it's worth it to a lot of people.

Yeah Neither did we! Saved our bucks for a deposit for the cruise on the fantasy :sohappy:

Kaleigh

Yeah, we felt it was too expensive, especially considering that you may not see enough photographers to get your money's worth.

paul436

Original Poster
This is going to be a tough one. We usually buy a lot of the photos but $300 worth?! I don't know. I will have to think about that and do some math.

Disneyfalcon

This is going to be a tough one. We usually buy a lot of the photos but $300 worth?! I don't know. I will have to think about that and do some math.

Once you get onboard and see how many pictures you have made it may be easier to make the decision. You really could have a ton of pictures. And the photographers do a good job, so it makes it hard to turn down sometimes!

Crush Dude!

Once you get onboard and see how many pictures you have made it may be easier to make the decision. You really could have a ton of pictures. And the photographers do a good job, so it makes it hard to turn down sometimes!

I will agree, the photographers do amazing work

paul436

Original Poster
I will agree, the photographers do amazing work
This is worth paying for usually. When at WDW we typically buy ~5 ride photos at about $20 a peice. We usually don't buy the photos taken by the WDW photogs thinking I can take the same pictures myself. But I put the PhotoPass CD my last trip with an album and it was worth it. The photogs have better cameras than I do, a tripod usually, and a great deal more knowledge and expertise than I do.

Crush Dude!

This is worth paying for usually. When at WDW we typically buy ~5 ride photos at about $20 a peice. We usually don't buy the photos taken by the WDW photogs thinking I can take the same pictures myself. But I put the PhotoPass CD my last trip with an album and it was worth it. The photogs have better cameras than I do, a tripod usually, and a great deal more knowledge and expertise than I do.

It can be a tough choice

CB2@disney

Can you purchase just the pictures you want individually? If so, do you know how much they are? That might be interesting to know when trying to deside if the package is really worth it.

Disneyfalcon

Can you purchase just the pictures you want individually? If so, do you know how much they are? That might be interesting to know when trying to deside if the package is really worth it.

Yes! They sell 4x7 and 8x10's. You can't pick, whichever size it was meant to be, that's what you buy! There are some photo packages that will save you money too.

WDWRLD

I was just on the Dream from July 1-5 and we ended up getting the Photo CD. We really didnt plan on getting it untill the last day when there were so many good photos to chose from. I wish we knew we were going to do it all along because I would have done more photos. Plus with the CD you get the digital rights to the photos which if you just buy a print you cant get or make more copies at your local photo lab or Costco. The only complaint that I would have is that they could have included a few stock photos of the ship or characters. The cost was $249.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom