Rumor Photo I.D. required for entry??

Smiley/OCD

Original Poster
My DD just saw on another site that photo I.D.'s are now required in ADDITION to your MB to enter the parks...anyone have any additional info on this?

DisAl

Due to arthritis in her hands my mother has extreme difficulty with the finger scanning machines, and they rejected her at just about every entry point. They would then call over a cast member "supervisor" who with some additional steps could resolve the issue. After a couple of problems with this they made her photo and associated that with her magic band.
For our last trip in June we informed them of our previous troubles and got them to associate a photo of her with her MB the first time we entered the parks. From then one we would let them know when we approached the tap style and they would have the supervisor right there, scan her MB, look at the photo, and let us right in.
I don't know if this is what was going on, but it could be that the photo ID was required if the individual was having finger scanning issues.

Smiley/OCD

Original Poster
The report was passholders are being asked at the entrance to parking, not for park admission. I guess to make sure passholders don't loan their pass to others with park tickets for free parking privileges.
Yes, after investigation, it seems that it was for AP holders only.

Smiley/OCD

Original Poster
Yes, after investigation, it seems that it was for AP holders only.

Upon further investigation, the story is that the photo I.D. is being required for all AP holders upon entering the parking lots...supposedly this was always required but not always enforced.

DisneyCane

They had one of those portable electronic display signs out before Epcot tolls last weekend. It was asking "Magicband guests" to have ID ready.

But I can also confirm that asking for ID for APs has been an on and off thing for years.

Strangely, MK rarely asked for ID and never scanned my pass. Epcot usually asked for ID and sometimes scanned the pass. No pattern stands out at AK or DS.

I've got no problem with them checking ID for parking. If they check ID at the park entrance, they'd better communicate that in advance very clearly. Half the time my wife doesn't have her ID at WDW. Since I drive, it's easy for her to forget her wallet. Unless we plan to go someplace to have a drink why would she need it?

RSoxNo1

Actually this has been done before when they feel like it. It seems now this is going to be a more permanent thing for pass holders to make sure they are paying if they are supposed too.
Randomly asked for photo ID parking, last week. AP. No big deal, just took an extra second to pull it out of the wallet. After the first time, we had it ready.
I find this annoying, especially when Disneyland attaches a photo to any multi day ticket. They have a better infrastructure in Florida and can't attach an image for merchandise discounts, parking or entrance at the gates? It's obnoxious. Beyond that, the need for the ID is a bit excessive. How rampant is the problem that they're delaying 99% of guests to stop 1%?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Strangely, MK rarely asked for ID and never scanned my pass. Epcot usually asked for ID and sometimes scanned the pass. No pattern stands out at AK or DS.

I've got no problem with them checking ID for parking. If they check ID at the park entrance, they'd better communicate that in advance very clearly. Half the time my wife doesn't have her ID at WDW. Since I drive, it's easy for her to forget her wallet. Unless we plan to go someplace to have a drink why would she need it?
Not wanting to be negative, but, any number of things could happen where an ID is necessary, none of them a positive reason, but, to go anywhere in public with no ID can be a major problem in identifying someone that is for whatever reason unable to communicate. A small ID takes up no space and surely doesn't weigh anyone down. The likelihood of anything happening is small, but, when one needs it, they usually really need it.

eliza61nyc

In the real life this could be problematic. I know around here especially since it's holiday shopping time, if you go to many stores (best buy, walmart) and purchase high price items, like a laptop, cell phone and present a credit card, they are asking for ID.

Since I use my AP and my dvc card for the discounts I always have my cc and my id. nowadays its unbelievably easy to have them even without a wallet. I've got one of those cell phone sticky things, slip it in that or a pocket and I'm ready.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
How does showing your ID help at all? Your name isn't printed on your AP - it's written with Sharpie and it comes off. I've had so many CM's ask for my ID and AP, and I hand them both while they stare at the back of an AP with my name smudged off.

If they're going to require an ID, they need to print your name on the AP.

peter11435

How does showing your ID help at all? Your name isn't printed on your AP - it's written with Sharpie and it comes off. I've had so many CM's ask for my ID and AP, and I hand them both while they stare at the back of an AP with my name smudged off.

They can scan the AP and get your info

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

They can scan the AP and get your info

I honestly wish they would just scan the MB/Card and have me present ID. That being said, I've never had a CM scan an AP to apply any discount/perk. They just look to see that it says the current year and the printed name (or what's left of it) match the photo ID.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom