Photo Comparison of TDL's and WDW's Splash Mtn

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It is surprisingly different. Did you know the ride circles clockwise before dropping into the indoor section? Check out the video at remainseated.com - very nice to share it with us.

Montu

DigitalDisney said:
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4079221&a=31417291&f=

I used to think that TDL's and WDW's version of Splash Mtn were exactly the same, but I couldn't have been further from the truth.

If you have time and bandwidth, it will be worth the effort to look at all of the pictures and descriptions in this album.

Honestly, I think Tokyo's is way better than WDW's. It was one of the things I looked forward to most of that trip, and I was definately not disappointed. The line is incredible, through these massive caverns inside the mountain.. not just a small stretch in a hallway like the other two versions. There's even a little stream that goes through the middle of it and seperates the seperate load and unload station. The level of detail on the ride is way better too, and the colors are far more vibrant... it's just a gorgous ride. The one thing that was weird about it is WDW changed the DL version by using a double chain lift instead of convayor belts... TDL went back to the convayors... weird.

Anyway, it's super-cool.
-C

Disneyland1970

Thanks for spennding the time on this! The info was great. I was glad to see Brer Rabbit hopping again before the drop. Lets hope it stays working for a while.

DigitalDisney

Original Poster
I must admit, that I didn't create this. Sadly, I've never been to TDL or TDS. I just stumbled upon this gallery while surfing.

Credit goes to "TDLFAN" over at MouseInfo (a Disneyland site) for this album

General Grizz

rainfully said:
I noticed Brer Fox looks meaner in WDW than in Tokyo... hehe... weird.

Awesome work!! :)
In the film, Brer Fox is actually pretty hilarious. He had a great originality, which unfortunately can't be seen nowadays. . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom