Phone Interview in Two Days

MellBelle2

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,
I've been waiting some years to finally write this thread, but I have my interview in two days...Just scheduled it tonight!
Any advice?!

Bug715

I'm guessing for college program? Think of examples of things Disney sees as strengths. And examples of magic you've experienced while in the disney parks on the recieving end. That's what another rep and I remembered from our interviews. Remember to smile even tho its a phone interview they can tell. Good Luck!

slooger99

if you give me your email address I can email you a "cheat sheet" on EVERYTHING they will ask you, so you can better prepare yourself for what he/she will ask you

bellydancerchic

Interview On Friday.

Hey everyone.

I have my interview on Friday.
is their anything I should know before the interview. Please Help Me Out.

Thanks.
Chelsea :)

MellBelle2

Original Poster
hahah yeah for the CP, sorry the excitement caused me to forget that people can't read my mind...
slooger that sounds awesome! thanks for even offering if you could, maybe you would want to post it here 'cause it seems like a lot of people are interested...but if you would rather not that's fine!

MacDuffieMuppet

Hey!

Good Luck with your interviews!!! Mine is in 8 days and I can not wait either. My first choice is attraction, second is recreation, and my third is transportation. I worked at a theme park this summer, so i hope it will be a similar type of interview. I am just very excited that this year is the year I get to apply.:sohappy:

slooger99

 Why do you have an interest in the Walt Disney World College Program?

 Have you visited Walt Disney World before? What was the most memorable part of your experience? MOTIVATION/PROGRAM BENEFITS/DISNEY BRAND

 If you changed locations multiple times during your internship, how would react? How would that make you feel?
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN/FLEXIBILITY/DIVERSITY

 What keeps you going when you encounter challenges?

 To whom do you look for guidance in your academic career decisions? What would you do if they challenged your decisions?

 Merchandise: A Guest enters your store and requests a specific item that is not currently in stock. What would you do?
 Operations: You are greeting Guests at the front of Space Mountain, and a younger Guest approaches you who is very excited about this ride, but you discover he does not meet the height requirement of the attraction. How do you handle this situation?
 Lifeguard: Have you ever been involved in an emergency situation before? Do you have any lifeguarding or swim team experience?

 Hospitality: What experience do you have with computers? A Guest requests a specific type of room (non-smoking, pool view, etc.) and you are unable to grant that request. How would you explain this to the Guest?

 Bell Services: You are delivering luggage and a Guest stops you in the hallway to ask why their luggage has not been delivered yet (you do not have it with you). How do you respond? Are you comfortable with heavy lifting?

 Server: If you were serving a family with cranky children, how would you better their dining experience? How would you take care of Guests if four tables were seated in your section at the same time?

 Culinary: What is HACCP? What is the Danger Zone temperature? What is the order of storage and well done temperatures for: Pork, Fish, Chicken, Burgers What was the last recipe you made at school that came-out beyond your expectations? What vegetable is currently in season? Can you name 4 different green vegetables? What is the difference between an Herb and a Spice? What does the term “Chef” mean to you? Why do we need it? If you could cook dinner for a special guest, what would it be? What style of cuisine do you enjoy and why? Tell me about a food or spice that you have the most passion for, and tell me everything you know about it. What are you looking to gain on your externship experience? Take me through a tour of your favorite restaurant. What are your current areas of strength in cooking?

 Entertainment: Why are you interested in the Character Performer (or Character Attendant) role? What type of performing background do you have? How do you think you might react if a child was being aggressive toward you? Hitting or kicking at you inside of a character costume?

 General: Tell me about the BEST “Guest Service” or “Customer Service” experience you’ve had. What made it memorable? Give me an example of when you have had to turn a negative situation into a positive one (Preferably work related but could be personal example.)

 If you were interviewing College Program students for a job at the Walt Disney World Resort®, what attributes/skills would you be looking for? Why? Do you possess any of those skills? Give me one example in a previous work/volunteer situation where you displayed that attribute.

 What has been your favorite or least favorite work experience and why?

 As you saw in the presentation, program participants live with 1 to 7 other students who may have very different cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds. How do you feel about living in such a diverse environment?

 As you saw in the presentation, program participants live with 1 to 7 other students. Some are very neat and tidy; others are not…. Our Housing Team expects that the apartments be well maintained by all our residents. What, if anything, would you do when the apartment is not clean?

 Student’s sincere desire to come to WDW because of benefits of all three components of program. Listen for ability to recognize the “reality of things such as living environment/roommates, stress, work schedules

 Student’s who appreciated the opportunity to live with people that are different R.A.V.E. (Respect, Appreciate and Value Everyone) Listen for student to describe initiating some kind of roommate team building. Listen for student to talk about practicing open communication, receiving feedback, being flexible

 Student’s desire to work-through differences by taking with roommates and developing a strategy for changing the situation so everyone wins! Listen for themes of open communication, listening skills, flexibility, compromise

joanna71985

Hey Everyone,
I've been waiting some years to finally write this thread, but I have my interview in two days...Just scheduled it tonight!
Any advice?!

Hey everyone.

I have my interview on Friday.
is their anything I should know before the interview. Please Help Me Out.

Thanks.
Chelsea :)

Good luck to both of you! Just remember to be honest with your answers, to smile (they can tell, even over the phone), and to just relax...and you will be fine. Again, good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes.:)

I had my interview back on August 26th. It really is nothing to sweat over, it's actually a lot of fun. None of the questions are that hard and my interviewer and I actually spent most of the time laughing and just having a normal conversation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom