Phone Call from Disney

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
I received a phone call today from a Cast Member who claimed to work in the offices of Al Weiss. He stated to me they received my letters regarding my concern about the closure of CoP. He assured me Disney had no plans to close CoP, only scheduling a refurbishment of it. He did say they scheduled refurb would be to fix some things up in the attraction as well asa paint job to the outside. He said the attraction itself would remain in seasonal operation. He also said they appreciate our concerns and they appreciate the fact we take time out to write to management regarding this rumors.

Now, of course this is probably a script they are encouraged to follow. And of course, until Disney announces CoP is going to go away, all we can do it treat it as rumor. Here is to hoping they aren't just trying to pacify fans, and they are seriously NOT considering closing the attraction for good.

HinunterZuNich

Please save this recording, label it, and put it in a safe place :lol: :lol: :lol:!!!! If they go back on their word (of course they will), we have this proof.

In the end though, you writing a letter does make a difference because at the same time other people are doing the same exact thing. Let's hope this shows that the BEST ATTRACTION in Walt Disney World will stay open for years to come!

pat_naughty05

This is Walt 's baby. One of the last things that came directly from him. It should stay open as long as Walt Disney World does, as far as I'm concerned.

Tyffni

Sacriledging Disney

Speaking of taking the Walt from Walt Disney World, I heard a rumor years ago that Eisner considered finishing Walt's appt. in the castle to rent out to honeymooners for a huge price. Did anyone else ever here this?

I understand that times change and you must update (that was actually part of Walt's plan for Disneyland I believe), but we must honor the man with more than just a name and a statue.

tk421-sw

Tyffni said:
Speaking of taking the Walt from Walt Disney World, I heard a rumor years ago that Eisner considered finishing Walt's appt. in the castle to rent out to honeymooners for a huge price. Did anyone else ever here this?

I understand that times change and you must update (that was actually part of Walt's plan for Disneyland I believe), but we must honor the man with more than just a name and a statue.

I'm pretty sure it's used for costume changes and such for Cast Members. Could be wrong. and you need a code to get to it from the elevator.

awallaceunc

Tyffni said:

I'd be a little more OK with this one since Walt never actually stayed there or anything. And I can tell you I would pay ANYTHING to stay in it. Mortgage the home and everything (not that I own a home...) :p

They'd probably charge $5-10k a night.

But as cool as it may seem to stay there, seems to make more sense to open it up to very exclusive high-dollar tours or VIP events or something.

MagliteL13

tk421-sw said:
I'm pretty sure it's used for costume changes and such for Cast Members. Could be wrong. and you need a code to get to it from the elevator.

Yup, it's a break room for castle stage.

Captain Chaos

Original Poster
Also, the CM told me they receive a lot of letters regarding CoP and how wonderful people think it is. I say we take to writing these letters a few times a year in order to keep things fresh in their minds.

bgraham34

pat_naughty05 said:
This is Walt 's baby. One of the last things that came directly from him. It should stay open as long as Walt Disney World does, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree 100%. Its a happy ride, and Walt would like it that way.

monorail_driver

Yes, I too indeed love to Carousel of Progress - videotaped it last time I was there. The thing with this ride is that it actually has a story, like many of Walt's rides. The new rides that have been built - Mission Space, Test Track, and - dare I say - the "new" Journey into Imagination, doesn't really have a storyline. Now, I must say I like Soarin', but even that isn't a story. Plus, CoP it's actually quite educational and entertaining, and, if you go on the official Pin Trading website, you'll see that more CoP pins are scheduled to come out the end of June and around Nov/Dec of 2005 ... which porbably means the ride will stay open as long as new pins are made. The one CoP pin they made, limited to 1500, sold out in less than two weeks, I was told by a Cast Member, since I am searching for it (it's the 30th anniversary one). So, when you see a CoP pin, buy it up - because maybe this is another way to show how popular CoP really is! [When you're buying the pins, be sure to not buy them all ... I want one too! :lol: ]

awallaceunc

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
COP will close on the day that hell freezes over !

I hope that's true! I've only gotten to do it once (maybe twice, but I don't remember the first time)- just a few months ago, in fact. I wish so badly that it was open year-round. It's a fantastic attraction!

I also realllly hope this refurb either finishes before early July or begins in late July. :veryconfu

-Aaron

dixiegirl

it really is a great ride...my 4 year old loves it..she calls it "the great big beautiful tomorrow ride" ...i hope they don't go back on their word..it truly is a classic...don't get me wrong things getting uodated are great..but try not to change things too much..

BonzoAPD

CoP is an amazing ride and another sign of Walt's pure genious. They better never get rid of it.

As for it being open seasonally, when exactly is it closed?

CaliSurfer182

I love COP, I really hope that it is able to stay for a long time (if not forever), but I just hope that the "Attractions people" don't handle letters and phone calls like the Disney magazine people did.

:(

bgraham34

I just would like to see them but a better game with better graphics on the tv at the end where the sun and grandma are playing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom