Phone Booths Disconnected?

jayhawkmickey

I tried last week 4-5 times and was never able to get through. Kind of wondered if some people were using the info for evil and WDW put an end to the calls. Hope not, it was fun to wish people a happy vacation. Maybe thay are just changing the numbers to cut down on the number of calls.

J03Y

Ah.... no try a Google search you will find it under "Phone Booth" .
All my years I never heard anybody calling a "Phone Booth" a..... "Box"

If you you tell me well they do in the UK, I will tell you so..... Epcot is in the USA not the UK;
and the "Phone Booth" in Canada is called a "Phone Booth" we do not talk "British" in Canada.
They are soon to be history in all 3 countries thanks to the cell phone.

i don't like in the U.K. but i still know it's called a telephone box. the U.K. invented the English language first so, i think it's only fair to respect that they just call things differently than we do sometimes.

and joke's on you, people do still use the boxes/booths. and when they don't, England won't get rid of them. they've become integrated as one of the many mascots of the country.

pumpkin7

I was going to say, British Telecom (BT) are currently disconnecting all the red phone boxes in the UK, doing them up, and selling them to private collectors. So far I have read that one in a sleepy little town has been saved, but that's it, and that was only achieved by people parking their cars so that the box removal guys couldn't actually get to it to take it away! So sad, because for lots of people, the red phone box is just an instant symbol of the Britain. Much like the bulldog and the double decker bus.
So perhaps they are mimicking the real phone boxes!

scoobygirl39541

oh wow, I have never heard of a "phone box". Learn something new everyday haha

While I never used the phone booths.. err boxes.. big red things, I liked knowing they worked!

castlecake2.0

Ah.... no try a Google search you will find it under "Phone Booth" .
All my years I never heard anybody calling a "Phone Booth" a..... "Box"

If you you tell me well they do in the UK, I will tell you so..... Epcot is in the USA not the UK;
and the "Phone Booth" in Canada is called a "Phone Booth" we do not talk "British" in Canada.

Actually, the reason we have that phone booth/box in our pavilion is so we can use it as a talking point to educate Guests about the British influence in Canada.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom