Phil's 02/19 AND 02/20 WDW Update w/ Pics

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
Phil's 02/19 AND 02/20 WDW Update w/ 85 Pics (slow loading)

It's raceweek. So I decided to leave the Daytona area where I reside and...

IMG_1473.jpg

Watch the races!

IMG_2747.jpg

Are these new uniforms?
I want them to give me a tune up. :sohappy:

IMG_1586.jpg

I've never seen Animal Kingdom's turnstiles this busy at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday.

IMG_1588.jpg

All the way back here... I thought it was the line for Thumper for a second.

IMG_1590.jpg

New tickets!

And that was the extent of Animal Kingdom. Just the turnstiles. Don't ask me, I went with my sister's youth group and the gentlemen who got them in with his passes had to do it three each at a time with a different CM.

Plus I didn't want to ride anything that might catch on fire (not that there's much to ride anyways).

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
I just don't think a trip to take pictures of Everest is worth actually entering Animal Kingdom, so we (my sister and her friends) went to MGM. RRNC at noon had a sixty minute wait.

IMG_1633.jpg

Construction is finished on the RNRC building.

IMG_1636.jpg

Most of the shingles are off the Tower of Terror still.

IMG_1764.jpg

Mirror, mirror in the gift shop. Who's that sexiest of them all?

MGM construction also includes the Backlot Express eatery still as well as work on the exterior of Star Tours' AT-AT.

We manage to make it to Epcot so they can ride Test Track and Mission: Space. Meanwhile, my attention was elsewhere...

IMG_1802.jpg

Wonders of wonders. Looks like there's some life here.

IMG_1806.jpg

I've always thought these things look like hot dogs.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
I was caught off guard when WDW Research asked me for my email when I entered Epcot. They never ask for my opinion. As you might imagine, the survey I sent them was quite fun. Dreamfinder was mentioned a dozen times, as well as the Mission: Space effect, and Wonders of Life.

IMG_1820.jpg

Normally I'd point out the huge weed in the storm drain as bad show, but this is Wonders of Life. We need to support this attraction!

IMG_1829.jpg

I love this shot.

IMG_1831.jpg

Hey Polly, it's Biodome 2005.

IMG_1847.jpg

Though you can't see it in this picture, all of the has-been actors from Cranium Command, Leonard Nimoy, and Tim Matheson were actually sitting on the benches in rags with shopping carts asking for donations. SO that's why the pavilion is closed the public...

IMG_1913.jpg

Whenever I see a Hong Kong Disneyland trainee, I get the impression that they are placed in that role since the attraction (or at least ride system) they are working will be at the new park.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
nice thinking about getting out of town. if i lived in talladega, id do the same thing come race week twice a year. nothing like 200,000 rednecks sitting in a circle, drinking a bunch of beer, and screaming everytime "little e" comes by; sorry "junior". and the thing that kills me, is the fact that some wave or whirl a towel in the air. like the driver actually sees you. i think at 198 mph they are watching the track. this one guy flashed 3 fingers everytime dale junior went by in honor of his father. (wow) and no, it wasnt the shocker!

disclaimer #3 of the day: if you get offended by my calling them rednecks, get over it, i live 45 minutes from there and i see what goes on, it is sad to say, but i have been ONCE.

daguru

It was backed up at DAK because of the morning Extra Magic Hour. I was there at 8:30a and there was still a line of resort guests way past the ticket purchase windows. They finally let everyone one else in at 9:00a, but it was still really, really busy. It was packed early on and that probably caused the backup all morning...

Could some of these be people coming back from the outage a few days ago?

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_1935.jpg

From the people who brought you Star Trek...

IMG_1939.jpg

For the amazing lack of theming, this was one of the most popular attractions of Epcot for thrillseekers.

IMG_1943.jpg

I remember when this was the biggest line in all of Epcot.

IMG_1946.jpg

Don't we have another one of these in MGM?

IMG_1960.jpg

So, Leonard, the future of medicine has us in the USS Enterprise?

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_1819.jpg

If you wish to see the rest of my selected Wonders of Life pictures go to this folder on my server: http://www.philfile.com/022005/

IMG_1981.jpg

The Mission: Space effect?

IMG_2069.jpg

A new stage was erected on the backside of Innoventions near Imagination.

IMG_2070.jpg

Appears to be temporary.

IMG_2072.jpg

It's currently being used for the Magic Music Days.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_1988.jpg

Espresso, Coffee, and Electrical Outlets

IMG_2056.jpg

Land construction continues...

IMG_2068.jpg

I wanted to jump into the hole to really experience the land.

IMG_2063.jpg

The new sign, which looks like really cool. Old one looked like orgami.

IMG_2064.jpg

Scaffolding

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
GymLeaderPhil said:
IMG_1943.jpg

I remember when this was the biggest line in all of Epcot.
i know, i thought id walk around WS by the time i reached anything. i swear, the first part of the ride i was sleeping............... then i awoke and :eek:

great pics!!!!!! and war to all trekies, jk

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2099.jpg

The Express sign has Resort stickers on it now.

IMG_2100.jpg

Staff was kind enough to enform guests that the Resort monorail would be coming and going in fifteen minute intervals, while the ferry had five.

IMG_2331.jpg

A trashcan replaced the CM on 02/20, the following day.

That's what I call progress! =/

IMG_2332.jpg

As you can tell, the TTC trashcan to the left is obviously lonely and is working it's way over to the other trashcan.

IMG_2333.jpg

New signs.

On a side note, from what I've heard from the CMs working with the monorails, the TTC will NOT be adding automatic doors at this point. Only the MK Station.

Again, this is what I heard from several CMs.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2379.jpg

The afformentioned gates!

IMG_2380.jpg

Reportedly took two years to design.

IMG_2381.jpg

The two station attendants and the driver, by the new console. I'm positive the automatic doors will increase pinching...

IMG_2383.jpg

They try to keep guests from traveling along the monorail.

IMG_2389.jpg

This side of the station is still closed, as well as the exit side of the Express line.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2434.jpg

Hubarific.

IMG_2442.jpg

Castletastic.

IMG_2444.jpg

The holes in the castle were covered up on 02/20. You can see the patches on the side of the blue roof, as well as two extensions to hold the display.

IMG_2455.jpg

More patch pictures.

IMG_2490.jpg

A better shot of the supports.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2464.jpg

People will still sit on these rails, sorry WDI.

IMG_2465.jpg

"Can we get this on PhotoPass?"

IMG_2470.jpg

Plenty of crowd space... I don't see any signs that the mini-statues will be back.

IMG_2471.jpg

No twinkling trees.

IMG_2474.jpg

The storm drain where the curb was.

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
IMG_2496.jpg

No standing in the grass!

IMG_2499.jpg

Oh, this is for Extreme Home Makeover? No problem. Here's some turf.

IMG_2511.jpg

Apparently the parents adopted kids of relative who died or something like that and needed a bigger house.

IMG_2763.jpg

Construction on Merchant of Venus from the ice cream quick bites location next door.

IMG_2764.jpg

Mickey Magic? Isn't Mickey Magic the ability to rob a person of all their financial sums for a hot dog at $4?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom