Philharmonic and Main Street Citizens cut back?

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Noticed this on my New Years trips and thought it might be some cms were needed elsewhere for holiday offerings but the schedule seems to show both of these mk entertainment cuts...

Main Street Philharmonic down to 5 days a week.

Citizens of Main Street down to 4 sets per day. 4 sets is probably there 4 hour equity minimum, though I’m not totally sure about those rules. (Not sure how many sets they used to do, but I remember seeing them into the afternoon.)

jt04

Seems like reassignment and retraining might be at work as they gear up for Galaxy's Edge. Just a guess. It is definitely going to take a lot more CMs.

KBLovedDisney

That is where the retraining comes in.
They are only going to be taught one song for SWL:
tenor.gif

mm52200

I believe Main Street Philharmonic has been five days for several years now
Citizens of Main Street still have five sets. Those performers are still paid the same whether it’s four or five sets so it’s really no savings. With the entertainment schedule and double day parades the week you were there they could have just been out at different times.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
I’ll have to look back at some of my saved times guides, I always thought Philharmonic was 7 days a week, and don’t know why they wouldn’t be. (Except to save $$ obviously). But hey, wouldn’t be the first time I remembered something incorrectly!

Now citizens I’m not sure about, it was many years ago when I remember them out and about later into the day so that may not be as recent of a cut.

peter11435

I’ll have to look back at some of my saved times guides, I always thought Philharmonic was 7 days a week, and don’t know why they wouldn’t be. (Except to save $$ obviously). But hey, wouldn’t be the first time I remembered something incorrectly!

Now citizens I’m not sure about, it was many years ago when I remember them out and about later into the day so that may not be as recent of a cut.
Philharmonic has been 5 days for a while

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom