Philharmagic in Digital

SamFromOrlando

Original Poster
I just heard from a CM friend that when Philharmagic reopened from its most recent refurb, it is now a digital projection and now much crisper.

PlutoLover

I just heard from a CM friend that when Philharmagic reopened from its most recent refurb, it is now a digital projection and now much crisper.

That would be awesome...I've noticed quite a few issues last time we were there and digital would mean much less wear & tear problems.

goodolgm

I saw Philharmagic last night, and it does indeed appear to be a digital upgrade...VERY crisp and clear video, and more vivid colors...

imagineer boy

They need to do this for all the 3-D shows. I've noticed the images on ITTBAB, HISTA, and Muppets have become very unfocused looking.

jt04

Please be true!!!! I agree this should be done with all of the 3-d shows!

Can anyone actually confirm this?

If this is true it adds to what I have been saying that Disney is doing a lot to upgrade behind the scenes in ways the average guest won't notice immediately but will really pay off in the future. All these upgrades, refurbs and "plussings" are starting to add up to something significant. :)

I'm starting to think the cynics and hyper-purists are completely misreading the situation. :ROFLOL:

imagineer boy

Sounds good. Now if they could only do it to Soarin'

I read somewhere that they can't really go digital with Imax. However, the film really should be much cleaner. At the local Imax theater near my house, the film is MUCH cleaner and there's not a single speck of dust. I don't know why Disney seems to have such a problem with keeping the Soarin Imax projectors and film clean. :shrug:

jt04

Sounds good. Now if they could only do it to Soarin'

And I'm starting to think you need to take off those rose-colored glasses.:rolleyes:

I lost them when I was at Uni. Lets just say it was an eye opening experience. :ROFLOL:

:eek:....:lookaroun....:hurl:

coasterphil

I read somewhere that they can't really go digital with Imax. However, the film really should be much cleaner. At the local Imax theater near my house, the film is MUCH cleaner and there's not a single speck of dust. I don't know why Disney seems to have such a problem with keeping the Soarin Imax projectors and film clean. :shrug:

The Simpsons Ride uses digital IMAX projection, so that isn't true.

Congrats to Disney for finally going digital. I don't understand why it has taken them so long to do it.

Mr.EPCOT

Yeah, I'm rather proud of that one. It was inspired by the loudest critics of the new IaSW overlay at DL and BLT haters.

I don't think that is quite fair, I think there is some viable, reasonable debate regarding these two topics. A not insignificant amount of people dislike the Bay Lake Tower to some degree, and I myself haven't decided how I feel about the additions to the original "it's a small world" in Disneyland.

Bravo to the Philharmagic upgrade, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom