Philhar What?

Shaman

Original Poster
In this age of computers, the internet and these kind of fan sites...its hard to keep secrets. Disney often has problems keeping secrets (it may or may not be intentional). Rumors hit the net fairly quick, but compared to other rides and the rumors that go with them, PhilharMagic has managed to stay under the radar. It seems to me that so much was heard about Expedition:Everest before it was even confirmed, that I am forced to wonder why we haven't heard just as much, even more, about PhilharMagic which like Mission: Space will open this fall. Does anyone wonder why we know so little about Philhar?? Some threads on wdwmagic.com confirm that not alot of info is out there about this attraction...which makes me wonder if this is truly worth all the wait. I think it probably is worth the wait...but Disney doesn't seem to be creating the hype it created with M:S, E:E and even Dino Rama. Any thoughts... :lookaroun

What do we know so far.... its a 3D Show....with CG Disney Characters...thats it right......:lookaroun

Mikejakester

Hey, You have a point.

But I think one reason could be this for example:

the movie titanic came out with great hype, and when it finally came out it was titanic this and titanic that. and everything was titanic. All the attention just went to titanic. I bet there was some other really good movies when Titanic came out but they didin't get any attention becuase all the media and hyped was with titanic.

Well for this case...
I think Mission Space has sucked all the attention for now, and Since Mission Space is so big, and So Exiting, and so much theme, and they took down horizon to put Mission Space, and this and that and whatnot, That when you compare it to philharmagic it dosen't add up and all the attention goes to the BIG AWSOME Eticket.

Also just there is the fact that Philharmagic is just a sit down show, rather than an actual Ride.

Thats my opinion.:king:

Sir Hiss527

Ok, Yes it's a 3-D show in the MK. With many storybook characters, I believe Donald, or Mickey is the conductor, and somehow they go back Flying with Aladdin, Being Lumiere's guest, and diving in the sea with Ariel, and also something with Simba I believe, yes there are going to be animatronics on stage. I'm not sure why there wasn't as much hype on Philar. Guess because it's only a show not a ride like M:S, and EE.

orlpassholder

This attraction has been harder to get info "leaked" and also released on. What we know so far is this.

There are a large number of inhouse effects, songs, and inside jokes
The lobby is being completely refurbished into an ornate concert venue, with lush carpeting and dark blue walls
Inside the theatre seats are shaped like the body of a violin
The screen changes size during the show - HOW MANY RIDES/SHOWS YOU KNOW CAN DO THAT
Opening set for Sep/Oct 2003

Set in the PhilharMagic Concert Hall, which replaces "Legend of the Lion King" in Fantasyland, the eye-popping 3-D experience will unfold on one of the largest screens ever created for a 3-D film, a 150-foot-wide canvas.

Complete with in-theater effects, the attraction will immerse guests in the richly animated world of the Disney characters. The Walt Disney Company has experimented with animating the Disney characters in 3-D before, most notably in "Working for Peanuts," a 1953 Donald Duck/Chip 'n' Dale cartoon short, but never on a scale as grand as "Mickey's PhilharMagic." The attraction is being produced through the combined efforts of Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Feature Animation.

"We're always exploring ways to take 3-D to the next level," said Tom Fitzgerald, executive vice president and senior creative executive at Walt Disney Imagineering. "From 'Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D' to 'Honey, I Shrunk the Audience' to 'It's Tough to be a Bug!', we keep looking for new ways to allow guests to become a part of the action and story.

" 'Mickey's PhilharMagic' will be the most animated, energetic and magical 3-D show we've ever created!"

Theres allot to be excited about. We really cant say WOW like we could with M:S because Philharmagic doesnt have to much outside for us to wonder about. Its all on the inside. Trust me the photos I have taken, and others I know we are trying to get the best shots, and the best sneak peeks but until we can actually see :lookaroun the inside its all up to your imagination.

Isnt that what Walt would have wanted :)

General Grizz

Personally, I am much more excited about PhilharMagic than Mission Space - but that's just me! :)

I hear there are NO AAs, but there is one figure that does some sort of hilarious thing. We'll see!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by objr
In this age of computers, the internet and these kind of fan sites...its hard to keep secrets. Disney often has problems keeping secrets (it may or may not be intentional). Rumors hit the net fairly quick, but compared to other rides and the rumors that go with them, PhilharMagic has managed to stay under the radar.

I donno about that, I was onto this rumor back in May 2001.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/philharmagic.htm

Show based attractions like these, and where there is little visual construction to see, do not command the attention of things like MS and Everest.

Shaman

Original Poster
Re: Re: Philhar What?

Originally posted by wdwmagic
I donno about that, I was onto this rumor back in May 2001.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/philharmagic.htm

True the original rumor itself was around before anything happened (May 2001...that was great!), and alot of info was known then about the then rumored PhilharMagic. Presently, has anything been confirmed by the powers that be on the actual elements of this attraction??

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Show based attractions like these, and where there is little visual construction to see, do not command the attention of things like MS and Everest.

However, I personally think, that all new attractions (if they were good and true Disney) should have the same attention...don't give all the attention to E-Tickets. Are they afraid over at Disney that this will not be a great attraction? The only thing that can happen if they bring attention to this coming attraction is that it doesn't measure up to the hype they build around it (but even that may bring in some $$)...other than that they can't lose out...but it makes me wonder; perhaps since this ride is being built in Disney's most popular park they are hoping word of mouth will do all that is needed to advertise the ride. Personally, I'm more intrested in Philhar than M:S...maybe because the veil of mystery has already been gradually removed from M:S, but its still over Philhar. Anyway...I'm looking foward to the months ahead...just my opinion.

WDWspider

I seem to think we have gotten the appropriate attention to Philharmagic. Dino-rama was a mini-land with two new rides. The Fairytale packages are giving out Philharmagic pins and Lithos. I think when the time is correct, Philharmagic will be the next big thing at MK. Look at the amount of hype on Aladdin. Each attraction gets the amount of hype it needs in my humble opinion. :)

MKCustodial

And adding to what Spidey is saying, you gotta remember that today's talk is all about the rush and the thrill. So the kids out there are gonna flock to the Net to look for the "next rad coaster" and not the newest character show. WHat are you gonna do? I actually feel just like you, objr, I wish I was hearing more about Philhar. Like Grizz, I'm more excited about it than Space.

careship

Personally, I think the lack of info and hype from DIsney is really building this for me. I am dying to see it, because I know nothing about it really. I can't wait for it to open. I know it won't be ready in July when I am there, don't think I won't be questioning CM's. I would hope though that when I go in October it'll be open. That will be the very first thing we go to.

WDWspider

Gosh, I feel I know enough on the attraction, where has everyone else been? I'm beginning to think I am missing the point of this thread????

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
Gosh, I feel I know enough on the attraction, where has everyone else been? I'm beginning to think I am missing the point of this thread????

Well, I guess people mean details about the storyline, which characters are gonna be present, that sort of thing.

Shaman

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Well, I guess people mean details about the storyline, which characters are gonna be present, that sort of thing.

Exactly. Unless some people out there already know...can you please share with those of us who don't know such details. Thanks in advance. :animwink:

Léo

I'm sure it'll be great!

I'm ABSOLUTELY sure Philar will be great! Hey guys, after all CG Dinsey characters you've known for ever in 3D! That sounds awesome!
But, of course, M:S is far more unique (you have a 3D movie in every WDW theme park, whereas you got only ONE ride like M:S in the WHOLE WORLD).

But it'll be a blast!

Léo

Shaman

Original Poster
Re: I'm sure it'll be great!

Originally posted by Léo
But, of course, M:S is far more unique (you have a 3D movie in every WDW theme park, whereas you got only ONE ride like M:S in the WHOLE WORLD).

But it'll be a blast!

Léo

True...it is another 3D show...and they will have one in each park, I guess thats why it hasn't received alot of attention...but still I'm sure that the newer more unique elements to this attraction will cause Philhar to standout somewhat from the rest.

Remember Philhar is not only doing competition with the rest of 3D shows on Disney property...but now it has not one but two formidable competitors over at Universal.

daniam2188

one thing i was suprised to see was that philharmagic is in birnbaums 2003 like all of the other rides/shows but M:S is shown in a special blue box.
hmmmmmmm interesting

Erika

Originally posted by WDWspider

Maybe you can share your information. I'm with a lot of the other people here- I'm excited for this one.

Maria

Originally posted by WDWspider

ooops... I never read about it before this thread... shame on me! I thought Philarmagic was a movie or a show! :eek: sorry...

Spidey... relax... get some... prozac! :D :animwink:

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom