Phantom Manor vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Better ride?

• Total voters

The Empress Lilly

it should be obvious why water is the lousiest conveyance for a ride.
Water inherently limits vehicle movement and manipulation compared to non water conveyances. And for those water bound journey type attractions that spray or drench guests count me out as that is not fun.
Is your sense of fun why they have divorced you four times? đź‘»

Married5Times

s your sense of fun why they have divorced you four times?

hahah......to answer your question sort of yes----- at least for one of the four.

2 wanted out, period. can't blame them whatsoever(#1,#3)
I had way enough of #4 leaving her heartbroken and bitter after I said time to stop.
as for #2, my favoite, we vowed to try again when we were both more mature and selfless. Thus, dissolution was amicable and we are great friends.............never know, she just might be #6 soon.

Robbiem

Hard choice but I went for Pirates. Phantom Manor has a great exterior and setting but is mainly the haunted mansion with a few changed out set pieces like the graveyard/ western town. It does have dreamfinder as they mayor though which is a good easter egg.
Pirates tries a bit more to be something different- the carribean queue area is great and the ride has some fun differences like the elevated view from the fort, dueling pirates etc. I remember reading when DLP opened that placing the skeletons at the end was meant to be a warning of what happened to the bad eggs. Its not my favourite version of the ride (I think Tokyo is still be best) but it is a good ride in its own right
i have to say though it was a close call if I’d seen phantom with the Vincent price narration or pirates with the movie tie in my choice might have flipped

Married5Times

as great as Pirates is Phantom is the noticeably better attraction: deeper storytelling, a far more interesting subject to base a ride, nonwater-based ride system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom