Petes Silly Sideshow

jtizzle1023

Original Poster
Im not sure if this has been discussed yet but here goes nothing.
Yesterday, WDI came to visit my school (Savannah College of Art And Design) and they talked about internships, what they do, and also projects that are being worked on. They only talked about things that we already know. One thing I thought was interesting was they showed a more detailed blueprint of they layout of the FLE. And the thing that caught my eye was the "Villans Sideshow" which will be located in the tents that remain from Toontown. So I think we can safely assume that we are going to have a villans based show in the Storybook Circus section of the expansion.

CountryBearFan

Perhaps the Silly Sideshow will be taking a hint from the Toontown Hall of Fame (especially the pre-fairy and princess period) by offering different rooms and queues, each containing different type of characters (classic shorts characters, villains, etc.)

NewfieFan

But all along lee has been telling us that the two tents will consist of a shop and a M&G... I don't think he's ever mentioned a show! (Maybe I've misread and I misquoting him!?!)

Would the M&G include some sort of show with the characters at the same time!?! :shrug:

jtizzle1023

Original Poster
But all along lee has been telling us that the two tents will consist of a shop and a M&G... I don't think he's ever mentioned a show! (Maybe I've misread and I misquoting him!?!)

Would the M&G include some sort of show with the characters at the same time!?! :shrug:

From what I remember only the large middle tent consisted of the villans show. the other two may be for the store and meet and greet

Lee

Adventurer
From what I remember only the large middle tent consisted of the villans show. the other two may be for the store and meet and greet

I am unaware of any "show" in Storybook Circus.

Plans clearly show two tents. One for merchandise, one for a M&G.
There are also two outdoor areas labeled "D-Zone" and "Confetti Plaza."

Things could have changed, but I haven't heard about it.

hpyhnt 1000

Was a villains show (or any show for that matter) ever considered for Storybook Circus? Is it possible WDI showed an older version of the FLE blueprints that showed concepts that were changed later in the design process?

Lee

Adventurer
Was a villains show (or any show for that matter) ever considered for Storybook Circus? Is it possible WDI showed an older version of the FLE blueprints that showed concepts that were changed later in the design process?

The plans I have were never made public.
Sure, things change all the time. Possible something has been added or redesigned.

GhostHost999

I was there too! :eek: But I wouldn't assume anything to be final in FLE until it is actually built. The plans for the new fantasyland change all the time, and the slideshow wasn't totally up to date. I felt like they just threw in some updates here and there (like the Aulani pictures) and at other parts were older (I was laughing the whole time they were talking about how great EE is). So we have no way of knowing how old that map is, I just know iv'e never seen it before. You also have to keep in mind, they made the slideshow as an introduction to imagineering, and the average SCAD student probably hasn't even heard of the FLE, so they put in a map as an example of the types of things imagineers do, rather than an accurate depiction of fantasyland. In short, I'de trust Lee over a map that we can't confirm as 100% current. I'm not dispelling it as a possibility though, maybe it's still on the drawing table...

Lee,

Was there any information that came out of D23 that shed any light on the back corner of the circus? Any conversations with WDI types that were standing round the model on the show floor about what was to go in the blue and gold tents back there. All the write ups I saw scattered around the net after D23 focused on 7DMT. Every video just panned across this area without stopping. I can't believe no one thought to ask "Hey what's going on back there?"

jt04

Lee,

Was there any information that came out of D23 that shed any light on the back corner of the circus? Any conversations with WDI types that were standing round the model on the show floor about what was to go in the blue and gold tents back there. All the write ups I saw scattered around the net after D23 focused on 7DMT. Every video just panned across this area without stopping. I can't believe no one thought to ask "Hey what's going on back there?"

Exactly. No specific videos were ever available and then the model went away. It is all quite mysterious.

Not that I've heard of.
I'm basing all my information on plans from early this/late last year.

Yes, it seems there have been further changes/updates/adds. And it is still possible my hunch is correct. Time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom