Pete's Dragon

jsdratm

Original Poster
Where there ever any attractions or shows based on the Disney film "Pete's Dragon"? That was one of my favorite films as a child and I haven't really seen anything in Disney World related to it. :(

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Elliot (Pete's Dragon) was in the Main Street Electrical Parade until 1996 when he was replaced by the Chinese Dragon. That's the only time I remember seeing him in the parks.

SewIn2Disney

No attractions or shows but he was in the Electrical Parade, now being shown at Disney's California Adventure.
EDIT: Oops! I thought he was still there. I'll change it to he "was" in the Electrical Parade...lol

retroeric

Where there ever any attractions or shows based on the Disney film "Pete's Dragon"? That was one of my favorite films as a child and I haven't really seen anything in Disney World related to it. :(

It comes from an era WDW doesn't seem to want to acknowledge or celebrate. (see Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Rescuers, Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, etc)

Jerm

Elliot (Pete's Dragon) was in the Main Street Electrical Parade until 1996 when he was replaced by the Chinese Dragon. That's the only time I remember seeing him in the parks.

Ummmmmm Elliot is still in the EP, I don't recall him ever being replaced?!?!

Also while a small group of people love Pete's Dragon, it was made in the down time of Disney. It made some money for the company but that was it. You can find pins and a plush or 2 of him from EP and special events but that will be it.

TheDisneyMagic

Pete and Elliot can also be found over at Tokyo Disneyland Resort in their version of the electrical parade, the Main Street Electrical Parade, Dream Lights.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Ummmmmm Elliot is still in the EP, I don't recall him ever being replaced?!?!

Also while a small group of people love Pete's Dragon, it was made in the down time of Disney. It made some money for the company but that was it. You can find pins and a plush or 2 of him from EP and special events but that will be it.

I believe he was replaced at the WDW MSEP before it was moved to Cali. :wave:

Jerm

I believe he was replaced at the WDW MSEP before it was moved to Cali. :wave:

Nope it was still him. They used all the same floats we had here in DL then when it came back it went right into DCA. I think you are thinking before him it was a dragon, but he has been a main stay of the parade since they added him.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Nope it was still him. They used all the same floats we had here in DL then when it came back it went right into DCA. I think you are thinking before him it was a dragon, but he has been a main stay of the parade since they added him.

I found this on wiki... could be wrong though...? :veryconfu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Street_Electrical_Parade

The info's under MSEP 'Units'. Then, under Disney's EP 'Units' it says it's intact.

EDIT: I was looking at DL

I knew I'd seen him in MSEP though. Just got details from the wrong park. :lol:

Animaniac93-98

I believe they play a Pete's Dragon song during the Electrical Water Pageant.

That's right, the song "Boo Bop Bopbop Boo (I Love You Too)" is used in that show. The Electrical parade was/is the only way to see Elliot and Pete in the parks. There was an attraction planned for either WDW or DL that would have used the lighthouse from the film, but that never happened (probably because the film wasn't that much of a success) so instead the top of the lighthouse was moved from the location where the movie was filmed to the Disney Studios where it rusted beyond repair.

There is a new snowglobe for the film at the Disney Store and the DVD is still available, but that's it. The CD went OOP in 2004, but Amazon might have a copy. Hope this info helps. :wave:

Cmdr_Crimson

I have here something quite shocking to the eye! My parents had this picture while they were out at MK in 77. This was during the Christmas Parade..And as you can see.......

Elliot was Out during the day as well...Kinda like the Croc Float in the P&P Party.
Elliot.jpg

And who says you Never saw Elliot except during MSEP...

drew81

I have here something quite shocking to the eye! My parents had this picture while they were out at MK in 77. This was during the Christmas Parade..And as you can see.......

Elliot was Out during the day as well...Kinda like the Croc Float in the P&P Party.
Elliot.jpg

And who says you Never saw Elliot except during MSEP...

Wow! Awesome picture!!!

WDWFREAK53

Learn something new about Disney everyday!

Thanks for the pic...incredible.

I too love Pete's Dragon and want an Elliot of my own :lol: (He'd definitely keep me warm in these cold NE winters :lol: )

hollywood<3

A dragon! A dragon! I swear I saw a dragon!! :ROFLOL:

I must've worn that casette out as a child. It's a shame that PD and so many other great movies hardly get the attention they deserve at the parks. Great Mouse Detective? The Rescuers? Black Cauldron?? :brick:

Oh well....

jsdratm

Original Poster
That movie has some good songs, like the "Bill of Sale" and "Candle on the Water". I really like the part with Doctor Terminus and his quack medicine too. Not something you would expect from Disney!

StageFrenzy

if you like ska covers Reel Big fish and The lead singer from Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer did a nice cover of "its not easy"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom