Peter Pan's Flight

Beholder

Love Peter Pan. Actually think this property could be expanded into its own "mini-land". So many avenues to run with. Love the ride, flying over London is stamped into the psyche of my childhood, so I'll always appreciate it. I agree however, it needs a little attention. Little cleaning, update the effects, and sort of "tighten the screws".

MikeTaylorSound

I love the ride; it's great at night. "Flying" over London is a classic scene and the back lit mural before your last turn into the station platform is just perfect. It is worth one fast pass selection (or your 4th if you get done with your first 3 really early), but I would not wait in the standby, even during extra magic hours.

Fire, Mr. Smee!

Kman101

I enjoy the ride a lot. It does need a refurb though. The track seemed really jerky, rough and just plain old to me. I would think it could be much much smoother ride.

lunchbox1175

I'm with you OP, I just don't get it, and I try to avoid it because I am just not going to wait for it. It was the very first thing we rode at the 24 hour event. I told DW, if you want me to go on it with you, lets do it now while there is no wait. Its another one of those rides where I think the line wouldn't get so bad if it didn't have fastpass.

Chef Mickey

Pan needs to go or at least big bigger and better.

Carousel of Progress
Tomorrowland except for Buzz and Monsters and Space Mt
Country Bears
Swiss Treehouse
Aladdin

all rides that need to go in the MK. Haven't even mentioned the rides that need to be better.
Why would you get rid of Carousel of Progress? Again, it's an outstanding concept that just needs TLC. Disney's failure is they let stuff go and ride it into the ground. Then they just replace it with something worse than the original concept if kept updated.

All Carousel needs is an investment to fix up the audio, animatronics, and update the last scene. The other 3 scenes are just fine because they are timeless and show the american family many years ago.

CaptainShortty

I really enjoy riding PPF (although I don't very often because of the lines). I think it is very charming and harkens back to the original Disney dark rides that they were known for. That being said, I would love to see it get some TLC in the form of a refurb. I think that a cleaning, good coat of paint and update to the ride track system (so it isn't so loud) would do wonders!

Chef Mickey

I really enjoy riding PPF (although I don't very often because of the lines). I think it is very charming and harkens back to the original Disney dark rides that they were known for. That being said, I would love to see it get some TLC in the form of a refurb. I think that a cleaning, good coat of paint and update to the ride track system (so it isn't so loud) would do wonders!
Agree. It wouldn't hurt to replace some of the effects and characters with newly designed figures, such as the mermaids. It's a classic that can remain exactly as is but with parts changed out.

imagineer boy

While the ride is a classic, it definately needs a major overhaul. While the DL version is rather dated too, it has much better effects and feels fresher than WDW's. I would love for it to recieve a Little Mermaid style upgrade.

This is a nit pick, but on the DL version it sounds like the original voice actors did the voices of the characters (most notably Captain Hook and Mr. Smee) while the WDW version clearly has different voices who don't even sound remotely like the original characters (especially Hook). Why is this? Can't they just reuse the superior DL audio and voices?

Kuzcotopia

PPF is the best. . . But I am biased. I have clear memory of the ship literally moving up and down, soaring all over the building, when I was 6 yrs old.

You may not like it, but your kids will be amazed.

Chef Mickey

The almost complete lack of guest interest?
Totally disagree. It has a steady flow of guests and eats up crowds because it runs every 5 minutes all day. I don't know where you get that it has little guest interest. I've been on it literally 200 times and I can't remember a private viewing. Obviously, they don't pack it all day every day, but it's constant.

If your definition of little guest interest is just that's it's not full, there is no line, or that people sleep in it sometimes, I don't think that's enough to prove your point. Its very design will never allow much of a line.

durangojim

I always love riding it, especially at night! Makes me feel like a kid again. There's something just awesome about flying above London and Neverland, and I'm not even a huge Peter Pan fan.

durangojim

Totally disagree. It has a steady flow of guests and eats up crowds because it runs every 5 minutes all day. I don't know where you get that it has little guest interest. I've been on it literally 200 times and I can't remember a private viewing. Obviously, they don't pack it all day every day, but it's constant.

If your definition of little guest interest is just that's it's not full, there is no line, or that people sleep in it sometimes, I don't think that's enough to prove your point. Its very design will never allow much of a line.
Exactly. Walk through the park late at night and there will always be a line for this ride, and it's not because there's a lack of capacity.

Last edited:

ght

While the ride is a classic, it definately needs a major overhaul. While the DL version is rather dated too, it has much better effects and feels fresher than WDW's. I would love for it to recieve a Little Mermaid style upgrade.

This is a nit pick, but on the DL version it sounds like the original voice actors did the voices of the characters (most notably Captain Hook and Mr. Smee) while the WDW version clearly has different voices who don't even sound remotely like the original characters (especially Hook). Why is this? Can't they just reuse the superior DL audio and voices?
Yep, it really does need to be freshened up. It is a shame because I actually like the flow and layout of the MK version better but the DL version seems like it has been kept up a lot better. I wouldn't mind seeing both version getting a little bit of love. I wonder if it will be one of the rides at DL rumored to get the updated AAs like in the SDMT.

Last edited:

imagineer boy

Yep, it really does need to be freshened up. It is a shame because I actually like the flow and layout of the MK version better but the DL version seems like it has been kept up a lot better. I wouldn't seen both version getting a little bit of love. I wonder if it will be one of the rides at DL rumored to get the updated AAs like in the SDMT.

Yeah, I agree that WDW's is superior in terms in terms of layout and flow like you said (especially how you fly through Neverland as opposed to just flying over it like in DL). It's just miserable in terms of upkeep though compared to DL's.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Rode it our first visit to MK couple of years ago. I was so excited because I remember riding it at DL as a child. Told my daughter it would be great! And I love Peter Pan. Was very disappointed and my daughter hated it. Boy, does your perspective change when you become an adult. However, will still always have a blast in the Tea Cups. We crammed 4 adults in once and spun so fast two of us fell down after getting out - I was not one of them.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Love Peter Pan. Actually think this property could be expanded into its own "mini-land". So many avenues to run with. Love the ride, flying over London is stamped into the psyche of my childhood, so I'll always appreciate it. I agree however, it needs a little attention. Little cleaning, update the effects, and sort of "tighten the screws".

I'm with you. Take out the whole area from Pinocchio's restaurant down to the end of It's A Small World (Disney, I will pay YOU if you let me destroy that ride) and make a complete London/Lost Boys land. Fly in the ship from London over to Pan Land. If Disney is able to build floating islands in Pandora, they surely can do this.

baloofigment14

Pan needs to go or at least big bigger and better.

Carousel of Progress
Tomorrowland except for Buzz and Monsters and Space Mt
Country Bears
Swiss Treehouse
Aladdin

all rides that need to go in the MK. Haven't even mentioned the rides that need to be better.

"Respect the classics,man."
-Fillmore

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom