Peter Pan's Flight needs a rehab??

DisneyJunkie

As much as I love Peter Pan's Flight.....I think it needs to go the way of Snow White's Scary Adventures. In other words, it needs replacing and enhancement. I think some kind of attraction where basically YOU are flying with Peter all over Neverland. You'd have your own coating of fairy dust and you'd be along for the ride with Wendy, Michael, and John.

menamechris

The hardest thing would be actually taking the ride down to rehab it. It's a little dark ride that rivals Space Mountain and Splash Mountain in wait times. I think once The Little Mermaid opens, it could be a good time to consider it. All the little girls who love Tinkerbell will probably be just as happy riding The Little Mermaid.

meyeet

As much as I love Peter Pan's Flight.....I think it needs to go the way of Snow White's Scary Adventures. In other words, it needs replacing and enhancement. I think some kind of attraction where basically YOU are flying with Peter all over Neverland. You'd have your own coating of fairy dust and you'd be along for the ride with Wendy, Michael, and John.
you trust them not to just replace it with another M&G?

ExtinctJenn

I personally think it needs to be redone but only in the sense of repainting and maybe new light work etc. Just the earlier comment re: being the last original dark ride in Fantasyland to me says that a complete rework would be disappointing on many levels. Is it outdated? Well I suppose that depends on your definition of that. If the fact that they are static figures and the scenes are blacklit means outdated, then yes I suppose it is. But, that's also what a classic Disney dark ride is. Look at Mr. Toad... still going strong in DL but ultimately just painted wood scenes. Me, I say dust everything off, repaint it, bring in some new lighting and be done with it.

righttrack

I think the challenge is that paint and lighting go together. To change the color scheme to be more realistic would likely mean the lighting has to be brought up. I don't think we want Peter Pan to look like Pooh, which is true to color but also too brightly lit for Peter Pan, IMO.

flynnibus

Premium Member
any attempts to make Peter Pan a white light ride vs a black light ride should be met with people stormin' the gates.

Clean it up, maybe add some pluses, but don't 'fix' what isn't broken!

secondstartotheright

Original Poster
Just to let everyone know- When I said "major rehab" I just meant cleaning and plussing the ride- I wasn't suggesting that the layout or show scenes be changed in any way.

ExtinctJenn

Just to let everyone know- When I said "major rehab" I just meant cleaning and plussing the ride- I wasn't suggesting that the layout or show scenes be changed in any way.
LOL! Yes, but on these forums you'll quickly learn that when you post something in that regard you are opening it up to include everything from cleaning and plussing to gutting it and putting in something entirely new. :)

wilkeliza

Unfortunately they can't do much more than cleaning and painting. Peter Pan is one of the very last rides left at the parks that is not ADA compliant so anything that can be deemed more than usual maintenance would cause them to have to do much more than just add things in. They would have to make the ride completely ADA compliant which would cause a whole overhall of the entire ride especially the flying over london part.

I'm not against a major rework of Peter Pan's Flight. I think you could keep the ride vehicle and the premise of flying and just update the technology. However I say keep the flying over London as actually flying over a miniature. Flying over the London miniature is still so amazing.

ParentsOf4

It's been the same ride since the beginning, at least since the first time I remember it over 30 years ago. For some reason, it has felt "tired" and "dated" the last 2 or 3 years. I think it's me more than the ride; it just no longer has the "that's cool and so Disney" factor it once had with me. I can't figure this ride out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom