Peter Pan Queue

flyerjab

This sounds like it could be pretty cool:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ey-world-interactive-queue-20150116-post.html

"The queue line at the Peter Pan's Flight ride at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will soon get new interactive features.

Guests standing in line will see a 3-D Tinkerbell flying around Wendy's bedroom. A new technology will make it seem as though she is flying right up to people standing in line.

Also, visitors' shadows will be manipulated to make them interact with shadows of butterflies and a top hat.

And at the end of the attraction, Tinkerbell will fly by and sprinkle departing visitors with pixie dust.

The features are expected to undergo some testing during a soft opening period this weekend. Sometime next week, they should become permanent."

It is interesting to me that they put so much effort into this standby queue and are now also (finally) adding the interactive elements which sound amazing. These elements sound better to me as they are not interactive to the point where people are stopping to sort gems/play with honey walls/etc. Although neat ideas, I find that the latter type of interactive queues really mess up and/or hold up the lines.

I just find myself thinking how popular this new interactive queue is for an already popular attraction. I can only imagine how much more popular this ride will become if they were to ever update it like it deserves. The lines would be ridiculous. I keep telling myself that is why they worked on improving the queue line for this ride, knowing that in the future if they were to improve the show quality of the attraction they would be in need of a nicer, indoor, air-conditioned area in which to wait.

Bolt

It is interesting to me that they put so much effort into this standby queue and are now also (finally) adding the interactive elements which sound amazing. These elements sound better to me as they are not interactive to the point where people are stopping to sort gems/play with honey walls/etc. Although neat ideas, I find that the latter type of interactive queues really mess up and/or hold up the lines.

I just find myself thinking how popular this new interactive queue is for an already popular attraction. I can only imagine how much more popular this ride will become if they were to ever update it like it deserves. The lines would be ridiculous. I keep telling myself that is why they worked on improving the queue line for this ride, knowing that in the future if they were to improve the show quality of the attraction they would be in need of a nicer, indoor, air-conditioned area in which to wait.
Anything is better than what they had.

Magenta Panther

This sounds like it could be pretty cool:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...ey-world-interactive-queue-20150116-post.html

"The queue line at the Peter Pan's Flight ride at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will soon get new interactive features.

Guests standing in line will see a 3-D Tinkerbell flying around Wendy's bedroom. A new technology will make it seem as though she is flying right up to people standing in line.

Also, visitors' shadows will be manipulated to make them interact with shadows of butterflies and a top hat.

And at the end of the attraction, Tinkerbell will fly by and sprinkle departing visitors with pixie dust.

The features are expected to undergo some testing during a soft opening period this weekend. Sometime next week, they should become permanent."

Holy...WOW!!!! That sounds amazing!!!!

Magenta Panther

I'm hoping the queue is just the beginning. :)

Kman101

They're probably too afraid to take the ride offline for more than they feel they "have" to.

EDIT: Let's hope ours does get the updates. Isn't Paris supposed to as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom