Peter Pan queue? Did construction start yet?

Rob562

Jim's style isn't what modern sights are, very old school but he does have some pretty good contacts that leak stuff in advance of Disney. Now many of the popular sights have contacts that are chosen to give info to, to get the word out, very different. Jim's blamed when his rumors don't materialize however I think more of that is on the ever, mind changing Disney, take the Wharf for example. Jim was the one I first heard, well in advance, the plans for AoA suites and boy did fans dump on him for that rumor. Not my favorite read but I have an appreciation for his contacts.

I think you and dreamfinder hit it exactly with his writing style.

Jim tends to present inside information as much more solid than they actually are, making many things seem as definitely-happening, definitely in the pipeline, when they're really just in early stages of planning or even just exploration into something. I think if he sat on things more and waited until they were more concrete or farther along in the planning stages, his track record would be better.

Where Jim *does* excel though is in his historical pieces. The history of things that did happen, the history of roads-not-taken, etc.

-Rob

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I think you and dreamfinder hit it exactly with his writing style.

Jim tends to present inside information as much more solid than they actually are, making many things seem as definitely-happening, definitely in the pipeline, when they're really just in early stages of planning or even just exploration into something. I think if he sat on things more and waited until they were more concrete or farther along in the planning stages, his track record would be better.

Where Jim *does* excel though is in his historical pieces. The history of things that did happen, the history of roads-not-taken, etc.

-Rob

I actually find Jim to be reporting things that are pretty solid at the time. Disney on the other hand seems to be incapable of making a decision and sticking to it. FLE, look at how many times that got re-worked, Wharf, gosh now Avatar. We either have to be satisfied with rumors from inside sources or waiting for Disney to tap a chosen blogger/podcaster and let that person have their moment in the sun, telling pre-approved tidbits to the fans at large. There is something intriguing about a man with real sources instead of a tap, very old school but fun.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Has any serious consideration been given to relocating PPF to the UK pavilion at Epcot, and then locating something brand new in the original space?
The ride is such low capacity as it is, and my understanding is that any major revamp (which it desperately needs) would require it it to become ADA-compliant, that it would be better starting from scratch somewhere else.
But for Pete's sake, leave it running until the new one is open.

dman1373

Original Poster
Has any serious consideration been given to relocating PPF to the UK pavilion at Epcot, and then locating something brand new in the original space?
The ride is such low capacity as it is, and my understanding is that any major revamp (which it desperately needs) would require it it to become ADA-compliant, that it would be better starting from scratch somewhere else.
But for Pete's sake, leave it running until the new one is open.
it just doesn't fit epcot in my opinion. Its not really about the uk, its about neverland. Its a magical ride too which doesn't fit with world showcases theme of real cultures.

Tip Top Club

The Interactive Queue has been delayed (Along with pretty much every other aspect of the NextGen Experience) But Peter Pan and Wendy will be meeting guests in the extended queue starting on 5-12.

doctornick

The Interactive Queue has been delayed (Along with pretty much every other aspect of the NextGen Experience) But Peter Pan and Wendy will be meeting guests in the extended queue starting on 5-12.

Within the queue itself? Or in the area that would become part of an extended queue? I don't think you are meeting them while you are in line for the ride, are you?

I'm under the assumption that the old queue is still in effect and has not been expanded yet into the former bathroom space.

Sped2424

Within the queue itself? Or in the area that would become part of an extended queue? I don't think you are meeting them while you are in line for the ride, are you?

I'm under the assumption that the old queue is still in effect and has not been expanded yet into the former bathroom space.
Yes they are going to use the area that was the old bathroom for this meet and greet, however I did hear that this Meet and greet is supposed to be temporary and will go through till august.

Tip Top Club

They have barely touched the Peter Pan Restrooms (Thank how long the My Disney Experience Program is taking for this delay!) So it won't use that area just a part of the extended queue, and no, of course it won't be while you wait, there is a separate line.

Tom

Beta Return
They have barely touched the Peter Pan Restrooms (Thank how long the My Disney Experience Program is taking for this delay!) So it won't use that area just a part of the extended queue, and no, of course it won't be while you wait, there is a separate line.

I'm out of the loop. How did the queue extend without them taking out the restrooms?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Term "Extended Queue" is used to describe excess queue area that is not often used, save for a really busy day like Christmas.
I think we are talking about different things. The rumor was that the bathrooms would be gutted and turned into a longer interactive queue for Pan vs the untheamed feeder line that is currently there.

Tip Top Club

I was answering DoctorNick's question about the characters, the bathrooms will eventually be gutted to create an interactive queue along the lines of Winnie the Pooh and the Haunted Mansion, but that has been delayed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom