Peter Pan character CM

KentB3

Original Poster
Over the WDW Forums, message boards, and the usenet newsgroups, I have been hearing stories about an outstanding Peter Pan who really gets into character and seems to go out of his way for the kids visiting WDW-- he has been known to spot certain children in crowds during parades and even remembers kids that he had met a few years earlier!!! The best story I can come up with can be found via groups.google.com -- the second post from the Cast Member stories from rec.arts.disney.parks dated January 5, 2000. According to this post and another one (don't remember if it was a usenet or message board post), his real name is Bobby. Would anyone be able to locate this CM from any of the enclosed links below (if at all)?:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=3399
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=1037
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=599
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=595
http://www.kjsl.com/~jmcklin12/disney/pictures_07.htm
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=601

The Peter in the bottom link doesn't appear to be over 12! What is the youngest age Disney hires for its CM's anyway? (as asked at the bottom of that page) Anyway, was this kid an actually CM or was he just dressed as Peter Pan to feel like he was part of the magic, like the little girls dressed like Snow White or Cinderella you sometimes see in the park.

BTW, Peter Pan (1953) is not my favorite Disney film (I generally prefer the more comical-type cartoons, as I mentioned earlier), but I would consider it one of the better ones, IMHO. More importantly, of all the stories I have read on the Internet about children interacting with Disney characters, by far the most memorable are the ones about kids with Peter Pan, particularly the Peter described above! Really something for the younger kids who this that these CM really ARE the characters! :)

mej

My daughter adores Peter Pan - he has been "the boy of her dreams" since she could talk - and she is now nearly 9 and still adores him!

We have never been disappointed by Peter Pan over the years. The first time Francesca met him, in Toontown, she was 4 years old and completely overwhelmed. Peter scooped her up into his arms and took her backstage to meet the princesses (by passing a very long queue!). Later on that night, Peter spotted Francesca from the parade, came over to her and spoke to her by name.

We were worried the next year that the magic may have been spoiled if Peter "forgot" that he had met her, but a fabulous cast member (Hilarie??) "reminded" Peter backstage and told him what she was wearing. When he came out he was calling her name, looking for her - it was like old friends being reunited!

This years Peter was great fun! Totally hyper! Francesca had a Peter Pan t shirt on and Peter was thrilled! He chatted away to her and Wendy was delighted when Francesca sympathised with her about Tinkerbell getting all the attention just because she was tiny and cute, even though she was mean to Wendy!

We always write a thank you note and leave it for Guest Services to "post" to Neverland - I do hope that the notes get through - we have some very special memories due to the time that these characters have taken.

Thats really great! Its awesome to hear stories like this. He cant be much older than me, anyways even if he is like 50 but ages gracefully, age aint nothing but a number. if anyone finds him ask him if hes single. Its hard to find guys that sweet these days.

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by mej
My daughter adores Peter Pan - he has been "the boy of her dreams" since she could talk - and she is now nearly 9 and still adores him!

We have never been disappointed by Peter Pan over the years. The first time Francesca met him, in Toontown, she was 4 years old and completely overwhelmed. Peter scooped her up into his arms and took her backstage to meet the princesses (by passing a very long queue!). Later on that night, Peter spotted Francesca from the parade, came over to her and spoke to her by name.

We were worried the next year that the magic may have been spoiled if Peter "forgot" that he had met her, but a fabulous cast member (Hilarie??) "reminded" Peter backstage and told him what she was wearing. When he came out he was calling her name, looking for her - it was like old friends being reunited!

This years Peter was great fun! Totally hyper! Francesca had a Peter Pan t shirt on and Peter was thrilled! He chatted away to her and Wendy was delighted when Francesca sympathised with her about Tinkerbell getting all the attention just because she was tiny and cute, even though she was mean to Wendy!

We always write a thank you note and leave it for Guest Services to "post" to Neverland - I do hope that the notes get through - we have some very special memories due to the time that these characters have taken.

That's a touching story! I'm glad that your daughter enjoyed getting to know Peter! BTW, could you identify him from any of the photo URL's I enclosed above? I mistyped the address to one of them, but here is the correct URL:

http://www.kjsl.com/~jmckin12/disney/pictures_07.htm

It's a shame that Tinker Bell (my favorite PP character) doesn't make meet and/or greet appearances on a regular basis-- but then, she probably would feel like greeting children all day after sliding down a wire nearly 200 feet above the ground to the top of the MK castle when she starts the fireworks show! :D

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by imagineergurl
Thats really great! Its awesome to hear stories like this. He cant be much older than me, anyways even if he is like 50 but ages gracefully, age aint nothing but a number. if anyone finds him ask him if hes single. Its hard to find guys that sweet these days.

Sounds like you have a crush! I also heard that he was the object of a LOT of crushes at WDW! Peter Pan certainly has made the day for a lot of guests (girls especially) there from all the stories I have read.

BTW, could you find his picture in any of the links I provided? I enclosed a corrected URL in by previous post.

Maria

Originally posted by KentB3
I also heard that he was the object of a LOT of crushes at WDW! Peter Pan certainly has made the day for a lot of guests (girls especially) there from all the stories I have read.

I swear... not mine! :lookaroun

nikechic

Originally posted by KentB3
Sounds like you have a crush! I also heard that he was the object of a LOT of crushes at WDW! Peter Pan certainly has made the day for a lot of guests (girls especially) there from all the stories I have read.

He sure does. I have more pictures of me being hit on by Peter Pan in the parades than anything else. I think he is enthralled by the Red Hair.
Of course I think most guys like the red head.
Right, Freaky???:kiss: :kiss:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Peter Pan is just plain cool!!:sohappy:

That's got to be one of the toughest jobs in the world. How many of us would have the guts to prance around in those tights without even a mask to hide behind?

That's the definition of "No Fear". Given a choice between bungee jumping off a 400 ft. tall bridge and playing Peter Pan, I'm betting 99% of the people you ask would take the bungee jump.

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by garyhoov
Peter Pan is just plain cool!!:sohappy:

That's got to be one of the toughest jobs in the world. How many of us would have the guts to prance around in those tights without even a mask to hide behind?

That's the definition of "No Fear". Given a choice between bungee jumping off a 400 ft. tall bridge and playing Peter Pan, I'm betting 99% of the people you ask would take the bungee jump.

Personally, I think it would be a FUN job, even with the green tights-- although my choice for a WDW character CM if I was offered that job would be either Tarzan or Hercules! BTW, I'd wear Peter's green tights over those absoultely HOT character head type costumes! Can you imagine in the Florida heat?!:brick:

KentB3

Original Poster
Yet another PP CM story found!

I was surfing the Internet tonight for WDW information, and I found yet another story on the Unofficial WDW Newsletter; URL at http://allearsnet.com This story can be found on the main page, second article from the bottom.

I'm wondering if this is the same Peter that has been talked about numerous times within the last 6-7 years, or if it's just a big coincidence that the character (whether the same CM or not) that's been going out of their way to make the kids happy at WDW almost always seemed to be Peter Pan! It is quite conicidental to be the same character, BTW! :D

JeepGuy77

I was at work at he Emporium last week and Peter Pan came in the store looking for Tinkerbell. He had about 10 kids following him. He asked me if I had seen Tink and I said she may be over by the snowglobes and gift boxes. It was really adorable to see al lteh kids following. This was a very believeable Peter Pan as well. This was the first time I saw a "Disney" character come in the store, not including the main street cast. Other cast members mentioned the same.

The_CEO

Is Scamp * Skamp * (SP)

A Lost Boy?

Please tell me so.. I heard him touring with some people, i guess tour guding. " Yeah Skamp sleeps ALL the time. "

Wendy looked pregnant too.

KentB3

Original Poster
Originally posted by JeepGuy77
I was at work at he Emporium last week and Peter Pan came in the store looking for Tinkerbell. He had about 10 kids following him. He asked me if I had seen Tink and I said she may be over by the snowglobes and gift boxes. It was really adorable to see all the kids following. This was a very believeable Peter Pan as well. This was the first time I saw a "Disney" character come in the store, not including the main street cast. Other cast members mentioned the same.

I bet that was a cute sight to see! You probably wish you had a camera! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom