Personalize shirts for big group?

dixiegirl

Ok in just 30 days (wooohooo by the way,) a group of ten are going to Disney, there will be (3) eight year olds (1) 4 1/2 year old , hubby and I with the rest being grandparents....One of the eight year old has never been to disney...Now we have the dining reseravations all set ....MNSSHP set..I was thinking of making shirts for everyone going to Disney ...But doing them myself because doing it through disney would cost a small fortune and I want it to be a surprise for everyone..Any ideas guys??? I've used irons ons in the past and did'nt have the best luck after they were washed.....Any tips or iDeas would be great!!!

Tink423

Boy, I HATE telling this story about my matching shirts, but here goes.....

The first time we went to WDW, I made all of us yellow shirts, so that I could easily spot everyone in a crowd---simple really, used yellow Hanes shirts and the dark iron transfers from Avery, Disney Pic with The Aaron Family Vacation and the year. I had a 4yo, 7yo, 11yo and x-H, myself and my mom.

I was in Mickeys Toontown in MK and my 4yo wanted to play in the play area there. I sat down on a bench and had dropped my camera in an earlier attraction so I looked down to fix it, no more than probably 1 minute and my son was gone!!!

I started to panic!!!:eek:

I searched there and went out of one of the exits, and see my son, a castmember and a young couple coming at me. I was so greatful!

The man in the couple had seen our shirts and had laughed that he might have to divorce his new bride if she ever made him wear those, earlier in the day! BUT he knew exactly were I was at, when they saw my son and no other Yellow Shirts with him!!!

As soon as we(my son and I) were back together, he turned to his bride and said Ok, every trip with kids we will have them and WEAR them!
I offered to buy them dinner, anything, I was so greatful to them, but the castmember turned to me and said very calmly Don't worry Disney Always takes good care of good samaritians!

I was so greatful and the shirts really saved us alot of panic!

A funny one on this, on this same trip, my mom loves the blue fairy godmother from Sleeping Beauty and I was walkieing her and she wasn't answering and some man got on and said does she have on a Blue Fairy Grandmother shirt and I said yeah, I was at the GMR in DHS, he said don't worry she is walking towards you! We had been on the same frequency most of the day and we kept helping him out and him us out throughout the day! We met them on our way back to the hotel that night, we laughed the whole way back, he told my mom he wouldn't be there to save her tomorrow, so she better keep her walkie on!!!

I hope this helps you convince your husband, sorry about the MEGA long post!

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

If you are decent with a sewing machine you can make your own Iron-ons with any fabric and this special Iron-On transfer stuff - It comes in a big roll and you can find it at any jo-anns.

1.) Iron the Iron-on transfer stuff onto the fabric.
2.) Using stencils cut out the words or shapes you want on your shirts.
3.) peel off the paper backing of the transfer stuff, lay it out on the shirt and iron it on.
4.) using a wide stich on the sewing machine sew all around the edges of your pieces to keep them from falling off.

It takes some time and patience but looks real nice when you're done. My family did this for a golf outting just a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0

Michi4515

Hey guys! I know this thread is a little old but I wondering if you guys can help. Im trying to make shirts for my friends and I. I've gone to all the websites mention and some are really great but i havent seen anythign that says something funny and clever to match us. It's just a girls trip and there are only 3 of us. we are all in our mid- 20's. :shrug:

Any ideas???

Thanks!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom