personal traditions

mickeyman

we always head straight to epcot and go on spaceship earth. This is how we start every trip. It would just seem wrong to do it any other way.

1disneydood

Some may think Mine's a wase of money, but it's traditional to buy EVERY ride-op photo we are in(one per ride per vacation). We have over 40 now, some framed and some scrapbooked.

We have quite a few. Here's a short list:
First ride of the vacation - Haunted Mansion.
Dinner one night at California Grill.
Rice Krispie treats on Main Street.
Spend one afternoon shopping our way around the MK(no rides, just shops).
Cinn. Buns for breakfast at Main Street Bake Shop at least once.
Last ride of vacation - Haunted Mansion(when possible).

DisneySam

Lets see I have several...
1.) The Haunted Mansion is always the first ride of the day at the MK.
2.) Star Tours is the first thing I ride at MGM
3.) I always ride the Monorail to EPCOT
4.) My favorite parade spots are in MK: in Frontieerland right across from Pecos Bills and at MGM in front of the Fountain near the info board.
5.) We usually ride the TOT and RNRC a couple of times before we scope our seats for Fantasmic.

That's all I can think of now...but I am sure I will remember more as the day goes on.

shoes

1st ride @ MK ..... Small world .....every time.
MGM ..... TofT
Epcot... TT
Animal Kindom..... KSafari

In AK we alway let the kids dig at the boneyard.... they love it.
Always get a churro
Always watch MK parade from Main Street
Always stay up way too late!
Always ride the monorail to Epcot
Always .........get teary eyed on the last day ...that is ALWAYS at MK!
:lol:

SewIn2Disney

I always have to get my silhouette done in Downtown Disney, then I frame them when I get home, and I have a line of them in my room hanging up.

DisneyBunny

Let's see...

Doesn't matter in what order, but we must ride all forms of Disney Transportation available - Both Monorail tracks, plus to Epcot, the train, the boats, as well as the peoplemover.

Plus, we make a point of going on ToT right as MGM is closing. That ride is the best in the dark!

Send as many e-cards back to myself and family as possible - just to rub it in that I'm in WDW... and they're not :D

dandaman

First Rides of First Visits to Parks:

MK- Walt Disney World Railroad (full lap)
Epcot- Run to get FP's for Soarin', then meet the fam at Spaceship Earth
MGM- Rock 'n Roller Coaster, while Dad gets 2 FP's each for R'nRC and the Hollywood Tower Hotel (this should count as an on-site hotel... :lookaroun)
AK- Run to get FP's for Kilimanjaro Safaris, and usually view the first showing of Festival of the Lion King

Foods

NEW: -must eat at ESPN Club (Superbowl Sundae) :p
-must eat at Concourse Steakhouse (filet mignon)
-must at at Liberty Inn (Epcot, not MK; ate there 3 times last trip!)

Existing: -at least 3 boxes of popcorn: 1 for Fantasmic! pre-show; 1 leaving MK; 1 leaving MGM.
-at least 2 each of Mickey Ice Cream Bars and Toll House Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches

Random: -must go on monorail and transport busses (VERY IMPORTANT! ;))
-always check Weather Channel for latest updates (with luck, future meteorologist :wave: )

I'll be sure to think of more... :)

Stitch_Kingdom

First thing i do when we get there (after checking in) is go to Magic Kingdom, ride the railroad round to ToonTown and ride Goofy's BarnStormer. I strange one i know!

diesel

We always stay at FW resort in our trailer. On the last night i will walk down to the beach by the marina. Take a large stick and spell out in large letters in the sand. Thank you Mr Disney.

Ralphlaw

Feel the Breeze

We always spend the first night at the UK Pavilion. We dress in kilts, and get drunk on whatever is handy. Just before Illuminations, we tear each other's kilts off down to our altogether (we wear kilts authentically), and then start running around World Showcase yelling, "The Irish are coming! The Irish are coming!" We then spend the night at the Orlando jail, getting to know the locals.

No, wait, that's what I hear Michael Eisner does. Never mind.

BRER STITCH

We simply MUST start our day at the Magic Kingdom with a huge chocolate-covered rice krispy treat and a beverage and eat it on the top level of the train station facing the castle as we watch everyone entering for the day! :slurp:

We kind of laugh at how happy they look at that moment...before the parks take their toll! :lol:

Mystic

First stop for us is always MK on the day we arrive and we always hit it as the last park on our final day, starting the day off with breakfast at the Crystal Palace. On the day we fly out we always have breakfast at Whispering Canyon.

Figment571

edwardtc said:
We stay at POR and the first morning I get a piece of their WONDERFUL Chocolate Cake at the food court. The rest of the week I get a danish, or cake - whatever I feel like.

We also order Pizza at Port Orleans at least one night.

I HAVE to have MK popcorn at least once!

Yeah the pizza at either of the Port Orleans is phenomenel (sp?) We eat it alot. One time we ate it for Thanksgiving dinner!:lookaroun

We also must see Bob at6 POR at least for one night he can play that piano!:sohappy:

noname70

Eat a Mickey Ice Cream

MK -Take a picture at the Rose Garden (our engagement spot)

Epcot - Check out our Tile (I know... I'd rather have a brick too)

DTD - Buy a Christmas ornament and a zany fridge magnet
:)

hijinx

Day 1

Day 1 always starts at MK
1. I make my family stop for a picture on Main St. with the castle in the background.

2. Head to Adventureland for a Dole Whip

Things that must happen during trip:
1. Pay hamage to 20K at the Pooh playground
2. Pay homage to Horizons in front of Space
3. yard of beer in the UK
4. Fantasmic
5. Picture of my kids in front of Harper's mill (my last name)
6. Find my family's tile at MK entrance

dandaman

Stitch_Kingdom said:
First thing i do when we get there (after checking in) is go to Magic Kingdom, ride the railroad round to ToonTown and ride Goofy's BarnStormer. I strange one i know!

Based on other accounts, there is no Disney tradition too strange to mention! :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
edwardtc said:
We stay at POR and the first morning I get a piece of their WONDERFUL Chocolate Cake at the food court. The rest of the week I get a danish, or cake - whatever I feel like.

We also order Pizza at Port Orleans at least one night.

I HAVE to have MK popcorn at least once!

Good grief - after reading all of these others, I realized how many I forgot of mine/ours, in addition to the above:

1. Eat at Ohana
2. Get a Nestle TollHouse Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
3. Get a funny Splash Mountin picture of our group, after several practice rides
4. Ride the monorail to EPCOT, sitting up front!
5. Ride up front in the monorail as much as possible
6. Take the POR boat to DTD and back
7. Rent water mice at POR
8. Set the TV to the Info Channel for the entire trip (of course)
9. Eat at Cinderella's Royal Table
10. Tour all the monorail resorts on a liesure day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom