Perrey and Kingsley are going be getting some fresh royalty checks next year..

Matthew

I love MSEP... the music get's stuck in your head and it screams fun to me... was not a fan of Spectro. But the vast majority of Disney guests won't care either way... they would just be happy with a parade.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Imagine you want make something new out of what you have sitting around. Think of it like making a recipe with the ingredients you already have.

Take a pinch of MSEP, add a dash of SM, maybe a hint of PTN, stir it all together. To spice things up though, throw in a little of the new secret ingredient number 20190353917.

At that point you will have something that is both familiar, but yet totally different.

Imagine you want make something new out of what you have sitting around. Think of it like making a recipe with the ingredients you already have.

Take a pinch of MSEP, add a dash of SM, maybe a hint of PTN, stir it all together. To spice things up though, throw in a little of the new secret ingredient number 20190353917.

At that point you will have something that is both familiar, but yet totally different.

High speed projecting on moving objects?

yensidtlaw1969

Ah yes, The Main-Spectro-Paint-Ical-010100-Night-Magic Parade

Honestly? Sounds like they could do worse.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Excellent thread title!!

If MSEP is to return, it should do so bigger and badder than ever. Dream Lights style. Not the taped-together original ‘72 version with the 2001 soundtrack, pretending to be something it’s not. Either that, or bring back the ORIGINAL music with those old floats...much more infectious and classic. However, I love it in all of its forms and would be good to see SOMETHING at MK. (Have we ever confirmed what the heck happened to WDW’s original MSEP after it went to France? It went to Hong Kong and then what?? Destroyed?)

PTN, however, can be driven directly off a cliff and I wouldn’t miss it. A 30 minute pounding musical headache that tries too hard with cold, impersonal floats. SpectroMagic and MSEP both beat it by a country mile.

One thing I love about Dream Lights is it starts off like the classic parade, but through the parade you get more tech and more variance in the music. (It goes from electrical to a full orchestra through the parade)

Disney has sadly moved past it and needs everything to be EDM related, which they think is kewl with the kids.

PaisleyMF

mm52200

I mean literally nothing of SM remains aside from a few figures here and there.

PaisleyMF

And why not learn and use some of the best elements that Disney has learn in the past years. Like @LiterallyNobody mentioned. a little of this a part of that.

If Disney wanted, had the money and there was no pandemic, maybe just maybe we could have gotten a successor to Spectromagic. The music itself is a statement of regal, a very well thought storyline. Now with that it just needed the technology side to live up to it. And with PtN technology, maybe we could have even more fun SpectroPeople with as successors of the original.

brb1006

SpectroMagic was truly one of the greatest things to ever come out of WDW in its entire history. A drop dead gorgeous experience. And that musical score is absolutely beautiful. A grand, classy, emotional parade. I hope a future parade could even come close to it.
Knowing how different WDI is from then (Spectromagic) to now (PTN). Expect the new parade to either be modernized and more contemporary (PTN), hire a young musician for the next generation (Todrick Hall), or another Steve Davidson production. If anything, I just hope they take a page from OLC.

PTN has nothing on this.
il_570xN.1168785780_oyp3.jpg

a89bc1b9b3b87b547d2e354e6d80b868.jpg

SteamboatJoe

So Spectro story, design styles, and music (updated with a nod to MSEP) featuring PtN technology and high speed dynamic projections.

NOTE: The above is not fact or insider info, just pure fan speculation based on @LiterallyNobody post above (#138).

Last edited:

Crazydisneyfanluke

So Spectro story, design styles, and music (updated with a nod to MSEP) featuring PtN technology and high speed dynamic projections.

NOTE: The above is not fact or insider info, just pure fan speculation based on @LiterallyNobody post above (#138).

Wouldn't this imply Disney would have to spend a substantial amount of money for a parade that would wait until the pandemic is over for it to debut?

I highly doubt this would happen unless they have a nighttime parade sitting in WDW Storage. DL may need PTN when they reopen to get guests back (if and when they can have nighttime spectaculars again)

Brer Panther

Not anymore, when it moved to DCA Incredibles took its place.
They actually removed something Frozen-related from the parks? Wow. I'm legitimately surprised.

SpectroMagic was truly one of the greatest things to ever come out of WDW in its entire history.
That "On This Magic Night" song was great. The only thing I didn't like about SpectroMagic were those creepy Spectromen guys. I could do without seeing THEM again...

Crazydisneyfanluke

That "On This Magic Night" song was great. The only thing I didn't like about SpectroMagic were those creepy Spectromen guys. I could do without seeing THEM again...
The Spectromen needed a few costume changes to make them less creepy, but overall a great concept. IMHO, they help bring the parade to life and give it a certain energy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom