Permits 2020

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Despite the construction shut down there were a couple interesting permits today all of them a little cryptic. I could not find this address on the RCID site, but Voyage of the Little Mermaid is 1320. Not sure what this is.

3/20/2020 - Magic Kingdom - H o a r Construction
1326 Magic Kingdom Dr - Demo interior

Turns out this is Stitch. The Reedy Creek map site didn't find the address when I searched for it, but when I looked at the Stitch building, it showed this address.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Permits filed today for a bunch of Epcot kiosks, all from Buena Vista Construction.

1746 Avenue of the Stars #A (Kiosk Site #17 - Germany) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1750 Avenue of the Stars #A01 (Kiosk Site #19 Germany) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1640 Avenue of the Stars #A (Kiosk Site #16 Africa) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1474 Avenue of the Stars #A (Kiosk Site #10 Mexico) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1822 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk Site #24 Morrocco) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1828 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk site #25 Morocco) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1622 Avenue of the Stars (Kisok site #15 China) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1834 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk site #26 France) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1908 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk Site #28 UK) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1986 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk site #6) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1990 Avenue of the Stars #D (Kiosk site #4 near Imagination) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1990 Avenue of the Stars #A (NATURE PLAY GARDEN by Imagination) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1990 #E Avenue of the Stars - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

HauntedMansionFLA

Permits filed today for a bunch of Epcot kiosks, all from Buena Vista Construction.

1746 Avenue of the Stars #A (Kiosk Site #17 - Germany) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1750 Avenue of the Stars #A01 (Kiosk Site #19 Germany) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1640 Avenue of the Stars #A (Kiosk Site #16 Africa) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1474 Avenue of the Stars #A (Kiosk Site #10 Mexico) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1822 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk Site #24 Morrocco) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1828 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk site #25 Morocco) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1622 Avenue of the Stars (Kisok site #15 China) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1834 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk site #26 France) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1908 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk Site #28 UK) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1986 Avenue of the Stars (Kiosk site #6) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1990 Avenue of the Stars #D (Kiosk site #4 near Imagination) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1990 Avenue of the Stars #A (NATURE PLAY GARDEN by Imagination) - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
1990 #E Avenue of the Stars - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction
Are these permits the usual or a possible extension of the F&G festival?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Tell, me, Good Spectre, are these the permits of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?”

nickys

Premium Member
In the real world, a permit does not guarantee construction but it is an indication that it is highly probable.

Probable, or possible?

@danlb_2000 posted the ones for Reflections (somewhere but I can’t find them on a quick search lol), but when I asked the same question I was told (maybe by Magic Feather) that it was almost certainly delayed despite the permits.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Probable, or possible?

@danlb_2000 posted the ones for Reflections (somewhere but I can’t find them on a quick search lol), but when I asked the same question I was told (maybe by Magic Feather) that it was almost certainly delayed despite the permits.
Generally probable as a good deal of money is typically spent to get to the permit stage. (plans have to be drawn, engineering has to be done, etc)

That being said, I have seen projects start construction only to be abandoned. It does not happen often, but it does happen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Probable, or possible?

I am not sure why they would be filing permits at this point if there was no plans to start the work. Let's also remember that we are talking about here is not really a permit, but a notice of commencement which is filed to say that work is about to begin and starts the clock for when the work will be completed and the contractor paid.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not sure why they would be filing permits at this point if there was no plans to start the work. Let's also remember that we are talking about here is not really a permit, but a notice of commencement which is filed to say that work is about to begin and starts the clock for when the work will be completed and the contractor paid.
If I might...

Currently a lot of “prep work” in construction is continuing all over the country simply as a “jobs program”....the likelihood of any construction happening soon is far less.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Setting up for a festival to be there whenever EPCOT reopens? Or taking down kiosks that are there?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Setting up for a festival to be there whenever EPCOT reopens? Or taking down kiosks that are there?

Generally don't need permits to take kiosks down, and you also don't need them for post most of the kiosks . Some kiosks do require a permit, and a permit would be required if utility work was being done at the kiosk location.

I checked last year's permits and in early May there were a bunch of Buena Vista Construction permits for World Showcase and a couple of the addresses are the same as the permits this year.

Kman101

Probable, or possible?

Delayed also doesn't mean it won't happen. Permits usually have dates and those can be extended. So they clearly still have internal plans. But we all know that could change at the drop of a hat. Nothing is 'guaranteed' at this point until we see work start again (if it does).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom