Performer falls 30ft at La Nouba

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is really tragic, you may not think that 30 feet is that high until you get 30 feet up in the air and look down! :eek:

Again, nothing on the local Orlando news websites at all. It may be possible that this isn't true and never happened, much like the recent Soarin falsehood.
I just checked the ORlando Sentinel, nothing there either.
did anyone confirm that death at Soarin? or was that a fake

K.M.A. :mad:

What an awful thing to happen.. I hope the performer is ok.. Cirque was one of the highlights of our last trip and I was nervous the whole time for the performers.. But what a show they put on!

That's aweful! i hope the performer is ok. does anyone know what stunt she/he was performing?

When my best friend, a Cirque Usher, was telling me about it, she said the performer was the Bird...That doesn't really mean anything to me, since I've never seen the show, but I can ask her which stunt the performer was doing when I talk to her tonight.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
When my best friend, a Cirque Usher, was telling me about it, she said the performer was the Bird...That doesn't really mean anything to me, since I've never seen the show, but I can ask her which stunt the performer was doing when I talk to her tonight.

The long ribbons that they swing around on. I dont believe there are any other safety equipment involved on this portion of the show except that they wrap the long ribon and attempt to lock themselves in with it.

Not exactly, but here is a photo of someone doing something similar.

4993055_cfcb01b9a4.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The bird is actually the character that is in all the ads for La Nouba.

601px-LaNouba.jpg

I don't beleive she does the silk.

She does however appear all over the stage, from the side column and the rocky krag things - both of which are very high.

Mr Bill

Original Poster
I was talking to a CM today, and apparently Mr. Weiss and Mr. Cockerell were in the audience last night as well.

Alrighty, just got off the phone

The bird was sitting on a high ledge, leaning forwards and pretending to fly. She lost her balance and fell off. She apparently didn't have the chance to let out a full fledged screamed, but just kind of yelped before she hit the ground. Once she was on the ground, she was just lying there, not moving. Most of the audience had no idea what had happened, figuring it was a part of the show. I don't see how someone falling 30 feet without a harness and thumping onto the stage can looked planned, but hey, I guess Cirque is known for showcasing the incredible...Anyways, a ballerina was on the stage and she kind of danced over and tried to act like it was part of the show. She got down and was talking to the Bird and seeing if she was ok, but she was in shock and wasn't able to speak. Someone gave the Clowns a stretcher, and they took her off the stage.

I was told the condition of the Bird, but my friend doesn't feel comfortable with me revealing something that couldn't have been seen by being in the audience. However, it seems to me that it will probably be months to years before she would be able to perform again, if ever, which is really sad :(

And if anyone was wondering, yes, there is an understudy who took over the role today.

My prayers and sincerest wishes of quick healing go out to performer, I can't even imagine what she must be going through right now

mkepcotmgmak

There is a "comedic relief" part in the show where The Bird stands on a ledge, stage right, and tries to fly... that's really the only time I can think of that she is high enough to fall like this - and if this is where she fell from, it's a long ways down. The only other time I can remember is when she pops in through the back of the stage through a viewieng window - but i believe that's higher than 30ft, and she is sitting down for that. I don't mean to analyze it - this is terrible news. Best of luck to her - and her famliy.

edit - sorry - should have read down - someone already explained this.

haveyoumetmark

This is terrible news. Glad to hear its not as bad as it could of been, but none the less, its still bad.

I hope she get better as quick as possible so she can return to doing what she loves.

The bird was sitting on a high ledge, leaning forwards and pretending to fly. She lost her balance and fell off. She apparently didn't have the chance to let out a full fledged screamed, but just kind of yelped before she hit the ground. Once she was on the ground, she was just lying there, not moving. Most of the audience had no idea what had happened, figuring it was a part of the show. I don't see how someone falling 30 feet without a harness and thumping onto the stage can looked planned, but hey, I guess Cirque is known for showcasing the incredible...Anyways, a ballerina was on the stage and she kind of danced over and tried to act like it was part of the show. She got down and was talking to the Bird and seeing if she was ok, but she was in shock and wasn't able to speak. Someone gave the Clowns a stretcher, and they took her off the stage.

I was told the condition of the Bird, but my friend doesn't feel comfortable with me revealing something that couldn't have been seen by being in the audience. However, it seems to me that it will probably be months to years before she would be able to perform again, if ever, which is really sad :(

And if anyone was wondering, yes, there is an understudy who took over the role today.

My prayers and sincerest wishes of quick healing go out to performer, I can't even imagine what she must be going through right now
Oh my. :eek: I do hope she recovers soon. I'd hate to not do what I loved to do for over a year, or ever again. *goes over to my bed and prays silently*

yoda_5729

I hope she gets better as well........she's the actual person on all the brochures........wow...that is too bad. In all the photos and such she always made me laugh....now I feel a bit different though. I do hope she is doing well though, regardless if she ever performs or not....but if she wishes too....then I hope she can get back up on the horse and I hope she is getting the best medical care now.

Any idea of her age?

Nemo14

Leave it to Cirque to handle this so professionally!
I certainly hope she recovers completely and is able to continue her career. She was fantastic!

wannabeBelle

Hey there Taryn, Thanks for keeping us all updated on what is going on. I appreciate your discretion in not going into the gory details ( not really needed) Once again the Bird is in my thoughts and prayers! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom