Performer falls 30ft at La Nouba

Mr Bill

Original Poster
Just heard on the local news:
An acrobat fell 30 feet during a performance shortly before ten o'clock. She complained about pain all over her body. No word yet on how the performer fell or how badly she is hurt.

Ouch...

I've seen that show. Pretty amazing, what them people in the air can do without getting hurt. Must've been one of those days, I suppose...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:eek::eek: My prayers go out to the Cirque performer and my whole Cirque family!! I became close with a lot of performers when I worked @ Cirque and I know what they put their bodies through 10 times a week.

Chape19714

Not usually in speciality acts such as Cirque, Fantamic (falling indians, John Smith), Indiana Jones, LMAX, or Festival of the Lion King (Tumble Monkeys).

Trapieze and aieral artists very rarely use harnesses, unless it assists them in the stunts (tinkerbelle, birdie, etc.)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Oh, that's horrible. Don't the performers usually wear safety harnesses and ropes when doing their stunts?

Depends on which act it was, if I knew the act I could tell you if they use harnesses or not.

Does anyone know which act?

teebin

Again, nothing on the local Orlando news websites at all. It may be possible that this isn't true and never happened, much like the recent Soarin falsehood.

My best friend is an usher at Cirque and saw the whole thing. She called me as soon as her shift was over. The whole thing left her pretty shaken. It definately happened

SGT623

I was on my way to the Adv Club when the fire dept & ambulance came rushing up behind me...my first thought was that this had happened, I am very said to hear it did. My thoughts are with the performer and their family.

hardcard

Not to sound absolutely STUPID here.. But the fact that she feels pain all over her body may be a blessing in disguise... I agree it's horrible, but if she can FEEL all over her body, that could be an indication that there is little or no damage to her spinal cord... and perhaps a lower risk of immobility.

I hope you all see the angle I am taking, I am not trying to belittle her injuries at all.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not to sound absolutely STUPID here.. But the fact that she feels pain all over her body may be a blessing in disguise... I agree it's horrible, but if she can FEEL all over her body, that could be an indication that there is little or no damage to her spinal cord... and perhaps a lower risk of immobility.

I hope you all see the angle I am taking, I am not trying to belittle her injuries at all.
I definitely get that angle you are coming from. If she feels pain in her foot more than likely her spine and her nervous system are intact. Broken legs and arms heel the spinal chord is a pretty different matter.

lpet11984

Agreed. I think this is definitely a blessing- spinal injuries are terrible, terrible affairs. The fact that she can feel is positive thing for sure.

Nonetheless, what a tragic occurance. I hope she has a quick and full recovery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom