Perfect Disney Trip

bsiev1977

First week of December. Low crowds, Christmas decorations, perfect. I've always wanted to go over Christmastime just not over Christmas week, and that's the only time I ever have available. Crowds would be insane.
First week of December would be good, but I would not want to be flying right after thanksgiving. I'm going the second week of December, and I'll be flying down on Thursday or Friday, the 5th or 6th. Not convenient doing that the previous week, which would either be thanksgiving or Black Friday.

Upvote 0

PUSH

First week of December would be good, but I would not want to be flying right after thanksgiving. I'm going the second week of December, and I'll be flying down on Thursday or Friday, the 5th or 6th. Not convenient doing that the previous week, which would either be thanksgiving or Black Friday.

Looking at the calendar I guess you're right. I didn't realize that Thanksgiving was that close to December this year.

Upvote 0

City Girl

Either the first or second week of February. It's Value Season then and crowds are lower. It is not hot or humid, but by then we are already sick of winter in Atlanta and ready for what feels like springtime to us. Changing climates is part of the magic for us when we go to Florida in the wintertime! It feels like time travel. :)

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

Original Poster
My perfect week is the week I'm going! December 7 to December 14.
Lower crowds, nice weather, all the Christmas stuff in full swing. Can't wait.

That is the week we wanted to go! When I mentioned to my husband and mother that it also might be the Pop Warner week, they thought I was crazy for suggesting these days. I dodn't think the parks will be that crowded. I also hoped for a room discount or free dining but I bet this is a blackout week.

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

Original Poster
First week of December. Low crowds, Christmas decorations, perfect. I've always wanted to go over Christmastime just not over Christmas week, and that's the only time I ever have available. Crowds would be insane.

My mother will be making the trip with us this year and she has Thanksgiving week off already. She can't take 2 weeks off at the time. Thanksgiving being late this year has thrown our vacation schedule off. The second week of December is Pop Warner and I'm not too sure of the crowd levels.[/quote]

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

That is the week we wanted to go! When I mentioned to my husband and mother that it also might be the Pop Warner week, they thought I was crazy for suggesting these days. I dodn't think the parks will be that crowded. I also hoped for a room discount or free dining but I bet this is a blackout week.

I'm not thrilled about Pop Warner, but i'm locked in on that week now.
Like you said, shouldn't be that crowded anyway. Being solo, plus the FP+ should be going by then, will help alleviate any potential line waiting.

Upvote 0

PUSH

Any time in June! Yes, the crowds are a little busy, but the weather is perfect! :)

It's so hot in June. Of course that's when we are 99.9% sure we are going this year. Nothing booked yet, but we may book tomorrow! I'm one who normally doesn't complain about heat in Florida, but if I had a choice it'd be at a time where the averages are mid to high 70s.

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

Original Poster
I'm not thrilled about Pop Warner, but i'm locked in on that week now.
Like you said, shouldn't be that crowded anyway. Being solo, plus the FP+ should be going by then, will help alleviate any potential line waiting.

We like staying at the Contemporary (Magic Kindgom View) and add the dining plan. Paying for the room, tickets, dining for 3 adults = over our vacation budget, that's why I was hoping for some sort of a discount! I seriously doubt Disney will offer anything the same week as Pop Warner. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Yourfirstvisit.net still ranks the week beginning 12/7 as the #2 week for the year, even with Pop Warner going on.
I also checked the numbers for Pop Warner last year on Touringplans, and it seems crowds were manageable.
It's just the thought of big groups of kids going around the parks semi-supervised that that bothers me a little.

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

Original Poster
Yourfirstvisit.net still ranks the week beginning 12/7 as the #2 week for the year, even with Pop Warner going on.
I also checked the numbers for Pop Warner last year on Touringplans, and it seems crowds were manageable.
It's just the thought of big groups of kids going around the parks semi-supervised that that bothers me a little.
I may print the crowd calendar off from the previous years and use that in my argument to DH & mother because I really want to go when the Christmas decor is out. I've always been for Halloween. If Disney does not off any discounts, I may have to suck it up and stay at a moderate resort vice Contemporary!

Upvote 0

WDWNooby

Last time I went in June it was hotter than blazes and pretty unbearable. Our last trip was for a week starting on December 13. I thought the crowds were minimal and the weather was perfect.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Back in 2010...we went Dec 7-13. I was thinking that would be the perfect time, but the crowds were higher than I expected and while you can't control the weather, it was very cold during much of our trip. While I thought I'd prefer cold to hot, touring the parks in 30-40 degree weather is not too fun. Which is funny b/c I LOVE cold weather...beg for it every year since I've moved south...but I just don't like it at WDW. Give me August any day! Seriously though, I'd prefer 80-90s since it also means there are more rides you can ride...i.e. Splash and Kali are far more enjoyable when it's warm.

In light of this, my ideal dates in 2013 would be Sept 27-Oct 10.
- Crowds should be low
- MNSSHP should be going on
- F&W should be just starting up
- fall/Halloween decorations
- Temps are still warm
- Get out just before the Columbus Day crowd rolls in
- Totally miss the bigger crowds right at Halloween, but get the Halloween fun

Upvote 0

Aurora1

I wish I could! I teach, so my options are limited to Summer Vacation or February Break (17th-23rd this year, and I'm going!). Being able to go during a low-crowd season would be great!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom