Percy Jackson live-action TV series coming to Disney Plus!

KeithVH

Getting this right would be an incredible win for the platform and company as a whole. Also, a great template for future projects in how creator driven it has been.
Yeah, well, not to be snotty, but it's not as if the company has an issue with available content that seems to be like Voldemort. You know, you can't mention the name . . .

erasure fan1

The first two episodes were ok. It has a strange fade to black like they made the episodes with commercials in mind. I've never read the books, but people said the film didn't follow them at all. Yet I see a lot of the same story beats so far with the the show? I'll have to ask my wife once she sees it as she's read the books multiple times. The special effects have been good. Hopefully we don't get those moments that just look terrible like most all the other shows. Lol

_caleb

We may be well past the prime YA fantasy trend (Later Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, The 100), but if Disney plays its cards well, Percy Jackson can become its own cinematic universe.

The book series, by author Rick Riordan, started with greek mythology, but has sequels, prequels, and spinoffs into Egyptian and Norse mythologies.

I'm hoping the main protagonists are young enough and good enough for a long haul.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
We may be well past the prime YA fantasy trend (Later Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, The 100), but if Disney plays its cards well, Percy Jackson can become its own cinematic universe.

The book series, by author Rick Riordan, started with greek mythology, but has sequels, prequels, and spinoffs into Egyptian and Norse mythologies.

I'm hoping the main protagonists are young enough and good enough for a long haul.
The actors are the same ages as their characters, so if it does well I can see them continuing on with the characters and not being aged out.

sedati

Third episode in and I'll say this is well written, well acted and cast, well produced. Not only that, but it succeeds at being genuinely quirky. All in all a great show. Wish I hadn't been spoiled on one key plot point. Some should realize not everyone has read the books and even if they've seen the older film, have wiped it from their memory. Still, it is great that the book fans are happy with what's been accomplished.

mf1972

it’s not bad so far, & better than the film version. it’s been awhile since i read the books so i’m trying to remember what i can.

Basil of Baker Street

I was never disappointed with this films so hopefully I will enjoy this when I re-up my D+. I was going to renew after Wish hit but I'll wait till the latter of Wish or all of these episodes drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom