Percy Jackson live-action TV series coming to Disney Plus!

The Grand Inquisitor

Oh my god. Oh. My. God. This is my favorite book series, and now I can finally get over the absolute garbage film adaptations. I'm so happy right now. Oh my god.

1589484910684.png

YES!!!!!!! This is awesome! I loved the books as a kid. This will make for a perfect show. This could be the next Harry Potter!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Warning: Contains content that can be triggering for some...

If we're looking to put Percy in the parks, how about something new for Adventureland which replaces the 1950's worldview of 1850's "Dark Continent" jungle-centric tropes containing uncomfortable portrayals of the natives?

With Greek myths, you have a whole bunch of imaginary races of which you can be stereotypical and make throw-away one-dimensional characters out of!!

At least it wouldn't be actual human beings and human cultures that are being abused.

And it can be marketed as being educational since the source material is 'classical literature'... even though the story lines will be greatly changed beyond recognition, and the horrific brutality and non-normative sexuality will be whitewashed. And speaking of which: A live action version of Hercules is in the mix.

Lintemuthstudios

Original Poster
Honestly, a land based around Greek myths would be great (and no, don't you dare put it into EPCOT. Let it be its own thing god dang it).

Have a Hercules ride and a Percy Jackson ride. One is a traditional dark ride (Hercules) and the other is a water ride using the Shanghai Pirates system (it would fit Percy Jackson perfectly, he's a character based entirely around water).

But I don't see where they can put an entire land.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Honestly, a land based around Greek myths would be great (and no, don't you dare put it into EPCOT. Let it be its own thing god dangit).

Have a Hercules ride and a Percy Jackson ride. One is a traditional dark ride (Hercules) and the other is a water ride using the Shanghai Pirates system (it would fit Percy Jackson perfectly, he's a character based entirely around water).

I could see one of them at Magic Kingdom, and the other at Hollywood Studios while the Percy Jackson attraction could be at Disneyland.

Robbiem

Honestly, a land based around Greek myths would be great (and no, don't you dare put it into EPCOT. Let it be its own thing god dangit).

I always thought a classical grecco/roman land would be good either for Disneysea or as part of a park based on myths and legends there is so much to choose from. I’d love to see a Jason and the argonauts ride using the sindbad style animatronics from Disneysea as well

doctornick

For WDW? I actually think such a land would be very appropriate for MK. I think expanding onto the north side of RoA (where they put SW: GE in DL) would be where I would consider. Of course, DHS could also be considered, but if you wanted to make something more generically "classical" which happens to have a Percy Jackson attraction (as opposed to a Percy Jackson land) then MK seems more fitting.

I always thought a classical grecco/roman land would be good either for Disneysea or as part of a park based on myths and legends there is so much to choose from. I’d love to see a Jason and the argonauts ride using the sindbad style animatronics from Disneysea as well

I agree with the idea that it would be great fit as a "port" in TDS

...but I'd use the Odyssey as a basis for a Sindbad style ride over the Argonauts. I think the different locations and creatures encountered in the Odyssey are tailor made for a Disney boat ride. Hmm, even better how about a hybrid attraction that is somehow on land for the first part for the Illiad and then somehow switches to a water ride for the second part being the Odyssey?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom