Percy Jackson live-action TV series coming to Disney Plus!

Jedijax719

This series could definitely fit the description of what I said was needed for D+. As long as it is not so hokey like the movies, it could be really great. I HOPE it gets greenlit really soon.

erasure fan1

This series could definitely fit the description of what I said was needed for D+. As long as it is not so hokey like the movies, it could be really great. I HOPE it gets greenlit really soon.
I never read the books, but the people I know that did (like my wife) said the movies just strayed too far fro the books. I didn't mind the first movie, but the 2nd wasn't great. This type of content should work well as a show. They just need to stay true to the source material.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Percy Jackson is officially coming to television.

Disney+ has handed a series order to Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

It comes from Rick Riordan, who wrote the original book series, which has more than 180M copies, and Jon Steinberg, the co-creator of FX on Hulu’s upcoming series The Old Man. The pair will write the pilot with James Bobin, director of The Mysterious Benedict Society, directing. The trio will also exec produce.

Production is set to start this summer with casting currently underway."

Video announcement -

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Percy Jackson is officially coming to television.

Disney+ has handed a series order to Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

It comes from Rick Riordan, who wrote the original book series, which has more than 180M copies, and Jon Steinberg, the co-creator of FX on Hulu’s upcoming series The Old Man. The pair will write the pilot with James Bobin, director of The Mysterious Benedict Society, directing. The trio will also exec produce.

Production is set to start this summer with casting currently underway."

Video announcement -

Eh... they shoulda folded this into the Marvel Universe. Greek Gods exist there. We could be sure of quality control there.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” series at Disney+ is rounding out its cast with five new additions, Variety has learned exclusively.

Virginia Kull, Glynn Turman, Jason Mantzoukas, Megan Mullally, and Timm Sharp are all set to appear in recurring guest star roles in the small screen adaptation of the popular Rick Riordan book series. They join previously announced series lead Walker Scobell as well as recently announced co-stars Aryan Simhadri and Leah Sava Jeffries. News of the casting comes as the series kicks off production in Vancouver."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom