Pepper Market Questions

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Since I'm going to be staying at Disney's Coronado Springs during my solo trip in about two weeks, I would like to know what you thought of the pepper market for breakfast? What did they have there? Was it good? Would you go there again?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I did not see anything there for breakfast that was notably different from any other Disney resort QS. The biggest difference wast the price was about 20%-30% higher. Unless you are using the DDP I would avoid the Pepper Market for anything other than dinner.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I did not see anything there for breakfast that was notably different from any other Disney resort QS. The biggest difference wast the price was about 20%-30% higher. Unless you are using the DDP I would avoid the Pepper Market for anything other than dinner.

This was my exact analysis of Pepper Market. Same food as most food courts (omelets, waffles, pancakes, eggs, random carbohydrates, cereal, fruit), more expensive, and very time consuming. I did it on my last solo trip there just to say I did it. No need to go back. :shrug:

quirkle

:wave:For breakfast anywhere this is what we do:

1) bring down bags of cereal
2) buy milk in store - ask them for bowls & spoons - they will give them to you.
3) eat in the comfort of your room!

3WaltFans

When we stayed at Coronado Springs we ate their more because of the price. Personally I think it was alot less than other Disney meals.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
When we stayed at Coronado Springs we ate their more because of the price. Personally I think it was alot less than other Disney meals.

It depends on what kind of meals you are comparing it to. Is it cheaper than California Grill? Absolutely. Is it cheaper than grab n' go counter service serving essentially the same food? Not a chance. I would have no issue paying more for Pepper Market if the food was of higher quality or was true table service.

twodisneyfans

Misc

We'll be leaving ourselves two weeks from tomorrow and staying at CSR...From what I have read...Pepper market is a place to AVOID...high prices, food not that good...

Lucky

We'll be leaving ourselves two weeks from tomorrow and staying at CSR...From what I have read...Pepper market is a place to AVOID...high prices, food not that good...

I agree, unless you're on the dining plan. You get larger, higher priced meals at PM than at other resorts, for the same QS credit.

We've stayed at CS 3 times, and were on the (free) DDP every time.

Without DDP, we'd stay somewhere else.

disneygirl1

Looks like I am the minority here, but I actually like the Peper Market. Yes food is a bit more pricey, but we were on the ddp both times we stayed here so it did not bother me in the least. I'm not a huge breakfast eater so we did not eat here for breakfast often during our stays, but as other posters said typical resort breakfast food is served. They do have an omelet station during the breakfast hours and my borthers and cousin seemed to really like them. I was very pleased with the choices of food there for lunch/dinner. I personally think PM has more of a variety to choose from during those hours.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Looks like I am the minority here, but I actually like the Peper Market. Yes food is a bit more pricey, but we were on the ddp both times we stayed here so it did not bother me in the least. I'm not a huge breakfast eater so we did not eat here for breakfast often during our stays, but as other posters said typical resort breakfast food is served. They do have an omelet station during the breakfast hours and my borthers and cousin seemed to really like them. I was very pleased with the choices of food there for lunch/dinner. I personally think PM has more of a variety to choose from during those hours.
Correct. Dinner there is actually pretty good.

Yodadudeman

I kind of liked the Pepper Market to be honest. It is definately overpriced, but I like the atmosphere. It is one of the more "fun" food-courts in Disney World. :)

Korfar

We are staying there for the first time and I just found out that PM makes you use wait staff to sit at a table then automatically charges you a 10% tip. I am not happy about this revelation. Wish I had known that a few months ago. The rest of the resort looks great but PM is a concern. Not sure how the refillable mugs work there either. I don't want to have to deal with a server everytime I want to refill my mug.

I have only stayed at CS on a dining plan and that was awesome...more choices and larger portions...we split most of them. I wouldn't stay there unless on a dining plan because the food is more expensive and you need to tip your servers...who bring you drinks and a card to have stamped. It's not as convenient, but if you are on a dining plan, you do get more than at the other food courts. :) JMHO The breakfasts seemed to be the same, more choices, a little higher cost....but you're on vacation. Bite the bullet and enjoy it. :)

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
We love The Pepper Market. Everything at Disney World is overpriced. There is a wonderful variety of food. It's miles better than other resort food courts, including those at the deluxe resorts. IMO, you get what you pay for and the food there is worth every penny.
It's a cross between a regular food court and a restaurant because you're seated and a server brings your flatware and drinks.There is a gratuity but people are expected to leave a tip whenever a server waits on them so I don't see the problem.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We love The Pepper Market. Everything at Disney World is overpriced. There is a wonderful variety of food. It's miles better than other resort food courts, including those at the deluxe resorts. IMO, you get what you pay for and the food there is worth every penny.
It's a cross between a regular food court and a restaurant because you're seated and a server brings your flatware and drinks.There is a gratuity but people are expected to leave a tip whenever a server waits on them so I don't see the problem.
While true, the Pepper Market is 20%-50% higher than the other Disney food courts.

Pepper Market.
Traditional Breakfast - 2 eggs, choice of meat, breakfast potatoes, choice of toast, biscuit or muffin $11.99

Riverside Mill
Breakfast Platter - with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and a biscuit $6.29

Korfar

Problem is in a food court I don't want a server. I expect lower prices than table service and I serve myself. Thats the convience factor with a food court. You don't have to wait/depend on someone else to get you the things you need/want.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
While true, the Pepper Market is 20%-50% higher than the other Disney food courts.

Pepper Market.
Traditional Breakfast - 2 eggs, choice of meat, breakfast potatoes, choice of toast, biscuit or muffin $11.99

Riverside Mill
Breakfast Platter - with scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, sausage and a biscuit $6.29

Still think that The Pepper Market is a great place for a meal.

Off topic but I also like that at CSR we can get room service which is what we always do if we're having breakfast at the resort.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck
Problem is in a food court I don't want a server. I expect lower prices than table service and I serve myself. Thats the convience factor with a food court. You don't have to wait/depend on someone else to get you the things you need/want.

Then The Pepper Market is not a good choice for you. I like to have a server at meals-even partial service is better than none at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom