Pepper Market at CSR

Buzz2001

Original Poster
The new breakfast and lunch buffet at the Pepper Market at Disney's Coronado Springs is set to open on December 4th. Dinner will remain the same at both locations with Maya Grill to get a new menu towards the end of the year.

Lucky

And the breakfast and lunch buffets at PM will charge only CS credits, not TS credits, on the DDP. That's good news. Thanks! This increases the chances we'll go back to CSR next year.

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Breakfast Buffet· Adult - $14.99·Child – $8.99 (Ages 3 to 9).
Lunch Buffet· Adult Buffet $16.99·Child - $9.99 (Ages 3 to 9).

Pete C

God I hate the Pepper Market. Of all the rip-offs at the world, it has to be one of the biggest. $17 for lunch is just insane for that food, and then you have to add tip for the lame drink service on top of that.

Lucky

Breakfast Buffet· Adult - $14.99·Child – $8.99 (Ages 3 to 9).
Lunch Buffet· Adult Buffet $16.99·Child - $9.99 (Ages 3 to 9).

Wow. I think CSR will lose a lot of guests not on the DDP and gain a lot of others who are on it. This is a great deal for counter service credits.

If you're not on the DDP and can't pay these prices OOP, the only options are pre-packaged food at Cafe Rix, or eating all of your meals in the parks.

sarabi

Count me among many not happy about this. We were unable to get the DDP because we are doing a land/sea package. $14 is wayyyy too much for a sweet roll and some coffeee (which is about what I eat for breakfast). Looks like we'll be finding out breakfast and lunches in the parks rather than at our resort.

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Pepper Market buffet - Now it is being reported that this will be a test that will take place December 4, 2011 – January 4, 2012.

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Soda, Tea, Milk, Hot Chocolate, Coffee & Juice are included. Specialty Drinks, Specialty Coffee's and Alcohol are not included.

crispy

Thanks for this update. We will be at CSR in January, and I am interested in this in case the test is successful and they decide to extend it.

Do you have any idea what the menu will be?

bhg469

Count me among many not happy about this. We were unable to get the DDP because we are doing a land/sea package. $14 is wayyyy too much for a sweet roll and some coffeee (which is about what I eat for breakfast). Looks like we'll be finding out breakfast and lunches in the parks rather than at our resort.

Don't fret! Rix will offer those items as well as breakfast sandwiches. The pepper market is not the only quick option ad coronado anymore.

On my last visit I didn't know rix was added and it was really convenient in the morning to get a quick start.

God I hate the Pepper Market. Of all the rip-offs at the world, it has to be one of the biggest. $17 for lunch is just insane for that food, and then you have to add tip for the lame drink service on top of that.

I partially agree with you but you have to remember, it's Disney prices are going to be silly no matter what you have, on top of that its freshly made for you. The portions are bigger, not that I want that but market nachos are sooooo frickin good. Its expensive but when you look at it from the point of view of a dining plan user, its a steal. The food puts other resorts counter service to shame.

swissamy

I know this is a crazy question but is it an all you can eat buffet where you can try something and go get something different if you didnt like it (thinking of my 7 yr when I ask this), or is it that you get to get a plate once and fill it and then that is all? Sorry if I am the only one that didnt get this the first time...

Buzz2001

Original Poster
Yes, it is all you can eat so you can go get multiple entrees and you can also ask for smaller portions.

Buzz2001

Original Poster
$17 is not bad at all for am all you can eat menu and the drinks are included.

sarabi

I just got back from Coronado Springs, and although I didn't try the breakfast/lunch buffet, I was pleased to note there were still other less expensive a la cart options at the pool bar and at Rix Cafe during breakfast and lunch. Rix has sweet rolls, fruit, cereals and sandwiches (and a limited lunch menu with hot dogs, chicken tenders, hamburger, etc) during breakfast and lunch and the pool bar also has burgers and chicken tenders and such during lunch, so it was not so bad as I thought. I also did try the pepper market during dinner (not the buffet) and thought it was very good. Not a terrible rip off when compared with other Disney things.

bhg469

I just got back from Coronado Springs, and although I didn't try the breakfast/lunch buffet, I was pleased to note there were still other less expensive a la cart options at the pool bar and at Rix Cafe during breakfast and lunch. Rix has sweet rolls, fruit, cereals and sandwiches (and a limited lunch menu with hot dogs, chicken tenders, hamburger, etc) during breakfast and lunch and the pool bar also has burgers and chicken tenders and such during lunch, so it was not so bad as I thought. I also did try the pepper market during dinner (not the buffet) and thought it was very good. Not a terrible rip off when compared with other Disney things.

Glad you tried it and your opinion of dinner I find is more common to people who actually eat there. There are other's that hear all the complaints and never give it a try but MO it is the best counter service on property.

Shere_Khan

We just returned from CSR as well and it was my first time staying at this resort.
We used our free dining credits during breakfast one morning and I was very pleased with the offerings. We had a very late dinner planned that evening at the California Grill so we wanted to eat a large breakfast so we would eat a later lunch. Like others said it is a great value if you are on the dine plan. However the day we left we had some time to kill and needed to eat lunch at the resort. We were out of dining credits so we were debating paying for the Pepper Market or going to Rix for something else. I wasn't thrilled with the lunch offerings as I am not a fan of Mexican food. They had a few other items as well that were not Mexican but the majority seemed to be Mexican and I did not want to pay the full price when I would only eat a couple of items. We ended up going to Rix for grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches. I think the Pepper Market for lunch might be worth it for those who enjoy Mexican food because our order at Rix was still a little over $21.00 for two people. The Pepper Market would be a bit more but you would have lots of choices and all you can eat.
I do agree that when you are the one paying for it and not on the dine plan it seems a little steep. It is nice that they have the cafe as well for those who want simple sandwiches, fruit, cereal, pastries, etc.

Overall though we had a GREAT experience at CSR.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I looked at the pictures that were linked and the ham and cheese sandwich looked terrible, the cheese looked like the junky cheese slices in my fridge. Hopefully the other food is better. I remember liking the food at the pepper market when I stayed there a few years ago. I think I remember having an Asian style dish that was good and I'm not typically a fan of that food.

bhg469

I looked at the pictures that were linked and the ham and cheese sandwich looked terrible, the cheese looked like the junky cheese slices in my fridge. Hopefully the other food is better. I remember liking the food at the pepper market when I stayed there a few years ago. I think I remember having an Asian style dish that was good and I'm not typically a fan of that food.

The asian station is gone unfortunately. I forgot what replaced it but when we went last year everything was still tasty. That was for lunch though now that is gone, hopefully only temporary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom