Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Resort to test a buffet-only breakfast and lunch

emcclay

This better still be counted as QS or else I will be changing my reservations in March and will also have a very unhappy mom on my hands for her birthday trip in January 2013.. :lookaroun

DaGoof00

I hope this is not permanent! Although I have not stayed at CSR since 2002, this has always my pick for best food court of the WDW hotels...superior to any "quick" service eatery at the deluxe resorts I've stayed in. IMO

I stayed in CSR during August this year and I was disappointed with it. The breakfast in the Pepper Market wasn't that good either. Places like Port Orleans offer a bottle of juice with your Breakfast like apple or Orange in CSR you get a kids size apple juice. Also the breakfast wasn't very nice the amount of times I got french toast that was burnt and all breakfast stuff is made in bulk so its never warm aswell. Huge let down for breakfast. I liked dinner but not being able to refill your own resort mug and grabbing a bottle of juice with your dinner was a huge set back. Lovely resort but still the Pepper Market was a let down, here is hoping that this may improve the breakfast even for a short time.

KCMouse

Staying at CSR right now and the cast members said nothing will change. It will all be cooked to order and it will work with the dining plan. I am using the dining plan and she said instead of only getting one steak burrito I could get two. Like I could possibly eat two!

We will see if this is all true tomorrow.

rct247

Staying at CSR right now and the cast members said nothing will change. It will all be cooked to order and it will work with the dining plan. I am using the dining plan and she said instead of only getting one steak burrito I could get two. Like I could possibly eat two!

We will see if this is all true tomorrow.

Yes, please report back KCMouse. My family is staying at Coronado Springs for the first time in a couple weeks. I have eaten at Pepper Market a few times and thought it was a nice change, but wasn't super impressed. My family is used to staying at Caribbean Beach and being able to grab breakfast at their food court. I really hope this won't throw a wrench in things. My family can be pretty picky.

MickeyPeace

I will be staying at the CSR in a few weeks and had planned on skipping the Pepper Market. Perhaps I'll give it a try for breakfast one morning. If so, I'll try to remember to give a quick mention here.

Maya Grill has excellent breakfast. I was going to try Pepper Market for breakfast last month but there was a long line.

I went over to Maya Grill and had a very good steak and eggs rancheros.

bhg469

Maya Grill was a buffet up until a few years ago. It had some decent food but the pepper market never appealed to me for breakfast. I am not a huge breakfast person because I don't like eggs and taking me for a nice breakfast is usually a waste. Rix was a great addition and was new to me on my last visit. If they brought the buffet back to maya grill, left the pepper market as is and rix would be your quick stop for breakfast, they would be in a great situation there.

IlikeDW

Maya Grill has excellent breakfast. I was going to try Pepper Market for breakfast last month but there was a long line.

I went over to Maya Grill and had a very good steak and eggs rancheros.

"During the test, the Maya Grill table service restaurant will no longer offer breakfast."

Quote from the announcement

bhg469

"During the test, the Maya Grill table service restaurant will no longer offer breakfast."

Quote from the announcement

I dont know why Maya stopped their buffet in the first place. It was really not a bad deal and they had a bunch of options that I liked.

KCMouse

I had breakfast at the Pepper Market yesterday. The price is NOT worth what you get. The food is different and not up to the same quality. Somehow the items in the bakery are half the size they used to be with less variety. You still get your drinks from the waitress and you now have to pay the waitress. Since it was the first day, it took forever to pay.
I used to love the Pepper Market and was one of the reasons I stayed at CSR. Now that this buffet has food that is no better than anywhere else on property I will be reconsidering my resort choice.

bhg469

I had breakfast at the Pepper Market yesterday. The price is NOT worth what you get. The food is different and not up to the same quality. Somehow the items in the bakery are half the size they used to be with less variety. You still get your drinks from the waitress and you now have to pay the waitress. Since it was the first day, it took forever to pay.
I used to love the Pepper Market and was one of the reasons I stayed at CSR. Now that this buffet has food that is no better than anywhere else on property I will be reconsidering my resort choice.

Well that is just breakfast, Lunch and dinner still offer the good food that I know they still offer. No other resort will offer a better counter service lunch for sure.

audiotinker

Understandably the price was a bit high, but then you were able to choose from so many different options and not have to settle for whatever they thought would be good on a buffet. Now, that being said, Crystal Palace buffet IMHO is super-cala-frickin'-licious! :slurp: They do have some good buffets and likewise some pretty terrible ones, but I just loved Pepper Market the way it was (I'm with a previous person on the tip though). We just returned from San Antonio and went to El Mercado and Pepper Market had that same feel to it. All these little areas with different food... it's just sad to see it go buffet. If I see that the waffles are gone I'm going to have a freak attack and start throwing breakfast sausages around. "AAAAAH... sausage storm!!" :fork:
"What?" :lookaroun "Somebody's throwin' things...."

COProgressFan

This is what I was afraid of. Even if they kept the food consistent to what they had before, knowing the way Disney operates, as time goes on they will decrease the quality and variety of offerings, and gradually raise the price beyond the somewhat reasonable price they are testing right now.

That said, doesn't someone else run Foods at Coronado? For some reason I thought I remember that foodservice there is done by an operating participant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom