News People mover now reopened!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Haven't they finished installing the pedal-drive mechanisms on the cabs yet. Hey, Hey, cost savings!!!
I know you're going for humor here, but that's a real thing...
1602783270996.png

danv3

Think its pretty safe to say this will be extended beyond the 26th and into the new year. If its not fixed the week before Christmas theres little to no chance of it somehow magically being ready the day after a holiday day.

Probably true, but the longer this goes on, the more the question becomes when does Disney acknowledge that it's never coming back?

MaryJaneP

I know you're going for humor here, but that's a real thing...
View attachment 505500
As someone who has been very exhausted pedaling a "swan" around a track, this was, as you note, a rather light attempt at humor. More along the lines of a "salt in the coffee" type of discouragement that seems to pervade WDW these days (no shows, no nighttime parades, fireworks still being jockeyed, etc. etc.) Why pay premium entertainment cost to be minimally entertained. As has been duly stated before, by degrees. Now, however, the compass appears to be wildly swinging.

DoleWhipDrea

I wish we had a more definitive time frame for the ride to come back. It’s obviously not going to reopen the day after Christmas...what a strange date to set. Might as well at least say January 1st...

I won’t want to renew my AP until the ride is back up and running.

gerarar

Premium Member
Why am i getting the impression that this 'refurb' is purposely being pushed back further and further just to not operate it?

🤔

-
It’s not like the ride is completely dead. There’s plenty of videos posted since July of the peoplemover operating and testing. I guess the replacement of the parts (motors in this case) is taking a while or like you said, Disney is pushing back the installation and/or purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom