People who drive to WDW, how do you choose to get to the parks?

What is your transportation of choice?

• My vehicle

Votes: 60 48.0%
  • Taxi or Ride-Sharing (Uber, Lyft, Minnie Van)

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • WDW transportation

Votes: 59 47.2%
  • I walk everywhere because it's easier to catch Pokemon.

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

WDW Kip

My wife did a trip last fall where we stayed by Universal but drove over to WDW for a few days during the trip. It is extremely easy to park hop in a car these days. Trams were readily available, and you get access to parking in each park for the whole day after paying one parking fee.

The one caveat to this is that Magic Kingdom can be difficult to get to given the monorail or boat system. Therefore, I might recommend taking a bus to MK from the other park that you are at if you are hopping there.

geekza

Original Poster
My wife did a trip last fall where we stayed by Universal but drove over to WDW for a few days during the trip. It is extremely easy to park hop in a car these days. Trams were readily available, and you get access to parking in each park for the whole day after paying one parking fee.

The one caveat to this is that Magic Kingdom can be difficult to get to given the monorail or boat system. Therefore, I might recommend taking a bus to MK from the other park that you are at if you are hopping there.
We aren't park hopping from the MK to anywhere, so we'll probably drive there so that we can have the old-school monorail or ferry experience. I suspect we'll end up using a combination of both our own car and the buses, depending upon what we have going on and where we're going. With Epcot being so close to PO:FQ, it makes more sense to me for us to drive there except for probably one evening when we may have a few delicious (expensive) cocktails.

Darth_Wes

I'm getting ready to drive down to WDW next weekend and am staying on-property. I'm trying to decide the quickest and most-efficient method of getting to the parks. I've read conflicting information about what that method might be. If you have access to a car while staying on-property, what is your transportation method of choice if you want to get to the parks? What are the benefits/downsides of your preferred method?

Just for my own benefit, would your preferred method change if you wanted to get to a park for Rope Drop?

We live in the Florida panhandle and always drive to WDW. Typically, if we are staying on property, we never use our car unless we need to run to the store for something that's not offered at the resorts or is just too expensive on property. We generally use the bus system to get to the parks. There are a few special occasions when we have driven...rope drop..etc but even then, the buses would've have sufficed.

The downside to using the buses is the wait...especially when you're tired after a long day at the parks..but it's really not that bad.

Nsaudra

In the mornings or late nights use the Lyft minnie van service, during the day we used one of the free services, just don't use them at opening or closings.

geekza

Original Poster
In the mornings or late nights use the Lyft minnie van service, during the day we used one of the free services, just don't use them at opening or closings.
Since there are only two of us, the Minnie Vans seem a bit on the expensive side. I can see their attraction if you have a larger group, though.

danyoung56

Stayed there several times, I always take WDW transportation. Part of our vacation is not having to drive, and worry about parking. After a long day at the park, the last thing we want to do is find our car and figure out how to go home. Especially true at Epcot, want to be able to try some of the specialty cocktails, and not worry about driving.

It's funny - I'm exactly the opposite of you. I LOVE driving, and I hate waiting on a bus. At the end of the day I'm very happy to NOT have to wait for a bus, but just mosey out to my car and drive back to my hotel. Plus, I tend to stay late, even after park closing. I would take a chance with the buses of missing the last bus. But my trusty car is always out there.

SSH

Used to do buses - now drive everywhere. This way, I'm always guaranteed a quiet, comfy space, a roomy seat and all the AC or heat I need on the ride there or back. :)

Bpmorley

Depends on where I'm staying. Last trip was BCV, so EPCOT & HS were a walk/boat away. But if we are not at BCV we will drive to those 2. Always drive to AK. We take Disney trans to MK, it's actually quicker, being you have to take the tram and then either a ferry, monorail or bus to MK. Bus to the resort is faster back too. The last time we drove to MK it took almost 2 hours to get back to the car.

Walt Disney1955

I take our van. I know the parking is $22 and that's a crime, but you are happy you did it once 9-10pm happens and your feet are burning and you just want to sit down and go home and maybe sleep. My cousin wanted to take a bus from Disney Springs to save a buck. I told him I liked the idea but it meant we are at the mercy of the transportation. Think about Magic Kingdom, it can take you an hour to get from the park gate just to get back to your car. I don't want to wait for a bus even longer. You just want to go home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom