News People mover now reopened!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I've seen it reported elsewhere that it will open this Sunday...accompanied by video showing POV testing at night with guests in the park.
Earlier this week Attractions Magazine published a story where they talked to Disney and got more detail about the closure and the reasons for it. In the article they published the reopening date with all the standard caveats.

A blog picked it up and said Attractions Magazine had talked to Disney and confirmed the PeopleMover would reopen 4/4, which is not at all what the article said.

Then, since no one in the Disney blogosphere cites anyone or checks anything for themselves (except of course WDWMagic), the incorrect claim got picked up by a number of other sites.

TTA94

Guess its safe to say there is no changes during its year long downtime? Obviously I know that wasn’t the reason why it has been down, but it sure would have been nice if they updated the tunnel scenes. Surely they had the time to do so, but budget probably not so much.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The queues in tomorrowland will be a mess with 3-4 rides in that area.

It will be... interesting... to see how they handle this plus the Astro Orbiter queue. They’ve been rather creative in where they run the lines, and kudos to them for doing so. But this is a different situation, with 2 rides and their queues so very close to each other.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I do hope they've successfully resolved the bumping on restart issues. It will be really nice to have the Peoplemover back. It's such a staple of a visit to the Magic Kingdom. And if they are not more than 100% sure it's resolved I'm totally fine if they push it out further until they get to that threshold. The last thing we need for the future of the attraction would be another bump on restart resulting in a lawsuit.

It's going to be even more fascinating to see how they manage a socially distanced line for the attraction given how long the queues for it can get under normal conditions. It's so popular the lines would wrap all over the place under normal conditions. But if it is open on Sunday as current stated, I'll be in that line for at least one ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom