Pen or sharpie for autograph book??

friendofafriend

As a former entertainment cast member I can provide some autograph advice:

Sharpies are usually best for clear sharp autographs

Avoid green sharpies as well as gold and silver

Use either thick (my preference) or thin point sharpies but NOT chisel tip sharpies. They cause very inconsistent lines which leads to sloppy sigs

The click top sharpies are the best, let the character click them on their own. That way the ink doesn't get on their hands when your child hands them the marker

Pens are fine, as long as they work ;) and are a decent size. The resort pens tend to be pretty good. Anything smaller than that tends to be problematic

The gel pens that come with the larger autograph books are garbage, don't even bother trying to use them

If you buy a pen at any of the Disney shops and it stops working take it back to any merchandise location for a new one

If you choose to make your own autograph book please don't make it too heavy or bulky

Upvote 0
Me and my family just got back from Walt Disney World 10 days ago.
I researched and knew that the fat clickable sharpies were the best kind, but we never got around to picking any up and just had to use the normal sharpies with annoying caps.
It wasn't that bad, except for the fact that I got sharpie marks on 2 of the characters I met. The White Rabbit and Princess Ariel. Ughh!
I met 16 or more characters (all the princesses, both versions of Belle, Alice, The White Rabbit, Mickey, Minnie and Mickey, Darth Vader) though within the 4 days that I was at Disney World, so I think I did pretty good.
I made my own autograph book for the characters to use also. ^_^ They liked it. I didn't have pages made for every character though, so some signed in my book, and others just signed on a white piece of cardstock(index cards flipped around). The signatures that aren't in my book I've been copying onto my scrapbook paper and scrapbooking them that way. It's been fun.
I also assgned specific colors to certain characters. Most signed in black, but Snow White signed in red, Ariel signed in blue, Alice and the Rabbit - Purple, Pocahonats and Belle - Brown.

Upvote 0

WDW-LUVR

A regular ball point pen, a fine point sharpie marker or an ultra fine point sharpie marker?

What the best to use for these? If I use/bring a sharpie will it soak through the other pages??
I always bring sharpies Disney does not sell them. I bring a color for each character and yes it will bleed threw so we just skip a page between signatures.

Upvote 0

SMS55

I say fat pen. You need something they can grab, but I worry that a sharpie will bleed to another page and ruin another signature, or ruin a page that you can't use for more signatures.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom