Peeps on SSE! Soft openings!

Pseybert

While I agree with the video screen comments, let's not be too critical until it is 100% show ready. I'd hate for the wrong person to stumble upon this thread (read: WDI), and delay soft openings because they don't want too many negative reviews out on the internet.

TheDisneyMagic

I was wondering, what was being used in the news screen section (where they previously were projecting the reports from around the world) and the video game section just after that? Is that still in tact or has that gone aswell?

brkgnews

This new storyline actually sounds kind of neat ("think of it as the first backup disk," etc) -- seems like a good way to incorporate the new concept without completely trashing the old. Very smart. Whoever the show writer was gets a gold star from me. :)

Rototom

It seems that all WDI knows how to do anymore is gut good attractions and replace them with video screens. Some recent examples: Seas with nemo and friends, The Laugh Floor, Mission:Space, now Spaceship Earth, and Toy story mania is on it's way. What ever happened good old fashioned animatronics and show scenes?:hammer: Why can't we get some fresh new attractions that actually take some imagination to create? I'm not dissing WDI because it's probably due to budget cuts, it just makes me sad. :( However, I'm still really looking forward to riding SSE in 2 weeks (hopefully).

I think you misunderstand. The video screens are ON the ride vehicle. The scenes are very much AAs.

kcnole

Young people began to shape the future. One such person was building a personal computer in a garage. This is the previously mentioned Steve Job's AA. I don't know if he is supposed to move or not because he wasn

Someone please tell me the AA of the man in his garage is in fact Steve Wozniak and not Jobs. Jobs didn't invent the computer, The Woz did. Jobs was just his business partner who knew how to market it. If they screwed that scene up I'll be ed.

jakeman

Rar! Must...unfairly...critique...attraction...before...I...ride...it...

Heres to hoping that it is open in a week when I'm there.

Jheyman

Someone please tell me the AA of the man in his garage is in fact Steve Wozniak and not Jobs. Jobs didn't invent the computer, The Woz did. Jobs was just his business partner who knew how to market it. If they screwed that scene up I'll be ed.

Agreed I was even more worried that it was goign to be Gates and be even more wrong....that thief...:brick:

Edit:
PS....is there any mention of a grand and miraculous spaceship????

Rototom

The AA has a beard and is sitting away from the riders. With only one ride I couldn't tell.

I'd guess it's Woz. I'll go to the video tape when I get home. Can't share it till then.

I know its only soft openings right now, but after riding it last night I really hope that there are still a lot of kinks that need to be worked out. The last half of the ride was pretty underwhelming.

I liked the new rooms after the 60s living room scene. The garage scene reminded me of walking through Psychoscarepy: Home for the Holidays. lol

mrbillonooo

Posting and WISH I WAS THERE!!

Here's the info from the ThemeParkAve.com site...I have some friends there staying at the Boardwalk...got to call them so I can get a first hand report...bummer living in Atlanta...to far for a day trip :(

I got an Instant Message from a friend at 8:30 tonight saying that SSE was open. I jumped into my car and sped over to Epcot. The wall wasn't down but they had a portion of it opened to allow guests in.
- The signs going in are brand spanking new, and they change colors.
- The vehicles now have screens on them.
- Going up it looks brand new. No crappy projections on the left side anymore. Near the top of the lift your screen will point you in the direction of a camera and tell you to show your face and smile. You'll see yourself on the screen next to the camera. Once your picture is taken the screen on your vehicles stays off until the end of the attraction.
- Judi Dench is the new narrator.
- Once at the top of the hill the projections of the caveman and mammoth are gone, but brand new projections of a caveman fighting a mammoth are now there.
- They “cave-peeps” look almost exactly the same except for the leader moves much more fluidly.
- The pharaoh's seen looks identical aside from his new crown.
- The first real noticeable difference after that is the Shakespearean actors are gone. There is now a Greek teacher with four pupils sitting down in front of him.
- The "Berries and Creme" guys that were sitting on the step near the statue are gone and the statue is totally different and is now covering her .
- The paper boy is moved and facing an empty wall for some reason. It was very odd looking and I'm not sure it will even stay there. He also has a new voice.
- The clip of Snow White is gone and there is now a full fledge theater with silhouettes of people sitting in front of the screen where the old black and white movie was shown. The family that was watching Walt Disney now has an elaborate living room and are watching the moon walk.
- Directly after, where the Japanese girl and the boy were talking over the internet is now an elaborate computer room.
- After that, there is a new garage scene -- complete with mailbox and car outside. It actually looks very, very, very haunted house-ish (think PsychoScareapy - Home For The Holidays) as you approach it. Inside is a guy sitting on a computer and we are told people started working to bring computers into our very own homes.
- The following scene -- with all the pretty lights before you see earth -- is now a matrix.
- Once you start your descent backwards the video screens turn back on and you answer a series of questions on the touch screen. "Where do you live?", "When on vacation do you worry more about your home or pets?", "Are you a planner or do you like to wing it.", etc.
- Everything from the entire descent of the ride is now stripped out and gone. In place are a bunch of trippy lights. Your attention is turned to the video screens where you see a video that’s based on your answers. I looked around and everyone around us had a different video.
All the costumes and sets look amazing. A lot of the animatronics move fantastic now and look much more lifelike. I'm not sure how much I like Judi Dench as the narrator. It has a very different tone and her narration style is very different than Jeremy Irons.
We actually broke down on the ride in front of burning Rome for about five minutes and were afraid we would be evac'd. Thankfully we weren't. It seems like the track didn't even get touched. It's still as bumpy as ever.
I was a little disappointed with the descent since it was 100% totally on screens. We also never saw anything with out picture, which is expected since its only soft openings. Overall it was a nice update to a classic attraction and once everything is up and running it will be a major success.

aladdin2007

Any updates on the 180-top? Any new additions like the legendary satellite or waving lady...or the usual?

That too, and what about the spot where the mini spaceship earth use to hang? What is in that space?? There was a lot of space there.

The ending sounds like nothing so far although I know some said lighting effects and kinks need to be worked out and were not fully operating but so far there has been no mention of the music or anything.
The Birnbaums guidebook says a new dazzling finale where the world comes together to shape the future or something like that, and so far doesnt sound dazzling at all. I guess I was expecting grand and majestic here.
The script sounded a little dumbed down too, a few posts back someone said that Judy Dench says remember learning your abc's? You can thank the phoenicians. Is that all? The lines were always so rich before.
I know Im kinda overexcited and all and again I know things are not in full operation yet but but well Im somewhat underwhelmed from what Im reading.

EdandAmy

I wonder if Homeland Security is using the pictures of peoples faces and then thier answers to the questions at the end? Think of the neat database one could build. :drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom