Peeping tom @ Epcot

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Did Knee

He even LOOKS like a thug. If I were a director casting for a crime movie and needed a "heavy", I think this is the face I'd be looking for.

Vtlsgns2

Original Poster
He bought a ticket (presumably with cash) and walked in, like anyone else. You really can't expect the Disney cast members that man the turnstiles to know the face of every guest that is currently banned from the parks.

It would be unreasonable to expect them to know the face of every guest currently banned from the parks. I thought all guests were required to show ID when purchasing a ticket...I'm used to showing mine (but I get the Florida resident discount); I'm not sure if this is required of everyone.

If a person is banned, I would think there would be enforcement of this ban on some level.

draybook

I doubt that you have to show ID when buying a normal ticket without discounts. As long as you have the cash, Disney has the tickets. End of transaction.

Buried20KLeague

It would be unreasonable to expect them to know the face of every guest currently banned from the parks. I thought all guests were required to show ID when purchasing a ticket...I'm used to showing mine (but I get the Florida resident discount); I'm not sure if this is required of everyone.

If a person is banned, I would think there would be enforcement of this ban on some level.

I would venture a guess that there are hundreds if not thousands of people banned from the parks. There's no way to filter as you suggest.

Really what being banned boils down to is not being able to own an AP. that's the only ticket media you HAVE to show ID at some point for.

Similar to the security bag check. Everyone knows full well you could get just about anything past that check with minimal effort. The point is that it's a deterrent. Same with being "banned".

Buried20KLeague

I doubt that you have to show ID when buying a normal ticket without discounts. As long as you have the cash, Disney has the tickets. End of transaction.

... Or you go with a group of friends, one of the friends buys your ticket, and hands it to you for use.

... Or you use the automatic machines near the TTC.

If someone wants in, there's nothing stopping them.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Well, the one thing that being banned does do.....it makes you a trespasser the next time you are caught on property, subject to the laws associated with that criminal activity.

My guess is the guy is probably banned from Uni and SeaWorld too. This guy gets his kicks out of doing risky behavior, and not just at WDW......

bgraham34

They guy did not look happy in that picture. I wonder how many times he has been doing this in the past without getting caught.

chama1

Peeping Tom

My Goodness, I was there yesterday evening and there were 2 very young girls in the bathroom, parents outside. Parents should never let their guard down. Creeps like this one love amusement parks, it's a known fact but for some reason these things alway happens. Glad to hear he was caught.

Buried20KLeague

I would venture a guess that there are hundreds if not thousands of people banned from the parks. There's no way to filter as you suggest.

Really what being banned boils down to is not being able to own an AP. that's the only ticket media you HAVE to show ID at some point for.

Similar to the security bag check. Everyone knows full well you could get just about anything past that check with minimal effort. The point is that it's a deterrent. Same with being "banned".

Another thought... Being banned would also hinder your ability to stay at one of the Disney Resorts... Which would be good in a case like this.

I'm sure it could still be done, but at least it makes it less easy.

Wannabe Walt

When purchasing a ticket at the vacation planner windows, you are supposed to show an ID. Although, I've heard if it comes down to "I just don't have one with me," they will usually sell the tickets anyway.
As previously stated, the idea of being "banned" makes you a trespasser. Also, when you sign the back of your ticket, you are signing an agreement that you will abide by all park rules. That's how the "I was never told that" thing doesn't always work.

Crockett

Banned
"It was an accident," the woman quoted Miller as saying to her, she told deputies.
Um...yeah. I hate it when I "accidently" stumble & fall into the women's public restroom, causing me to be hanging over the top of a stall. Happens to the best of us. :hammer:

Miller told investigators he has a degree from the University of Central Florida in criminal justice
Something tells me he slept through a few classes.

draybook

Not to make light of the subject, but aren't there enough bathrooms in free public places that you could peep in? Maybe he just figured that with the sheer number of people going in and out his chances of being caught were much lower. I hope the husband delivered a few elbows to this guy when they caught him. I would have stomped his grapes so badly he wouldn't have a reason to peep anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom