Rumor Pecos Bills to be rethemed?

CaptainAmerica

I don't know how I missed it for 40 years (or however long it has been around), but my family and I went to Pecos Bill's for the very first time this summer. We enjoyed it, and it was packed. We absolutely planned to return next time. Oh well.
Too crowded. Whether they retheme it or not, they need more seating in there.

Just remove the Pecos Bill name and the like three props that reference him in the dining room. Problem solved.
Yep. I didn't know until yesterday that "Pecos Bill" was a character. He's entirely irrelevant. I just want my fajita platter.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Amazingly, both of Universal’s parks (and the one they are building) are far more thematically coherent then any WDW park except AK - and Disney seems really eager to confuse AK.

It didn’t used to be this way…
Give me a break.

Harry Potter is not like Marvel Superheroes in any way whatsoever.

If you want to lament "thematic coherence" when it comes to old Disney versus new Disney, fine. If you want to lament "thematic execution" when it comes to new Disney versus new Universal, fine. But putting Universal on a pedestal vis-a-visa thematic coherence within a park (as opposed to within a land) is just silly.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
If they could call it Tiana's Mile long Cafe in nods to it's original name from the mile long bar would work.

But, If it is true if Pecos gets rethemed it does remove the tarnish this animated short had..And yet we still have the native Americans on peter pans flight..

Let's go further and look at the numerous Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy shorts as well as other animated features that had problematic racial elements, yet those characters and IP haven't been canceled.

I frankly don't care what they eventually decide to put in, so long as it is better than what was there before. Unlike Splash Mountain, with Pecos Bill that's a very low hanging fruit to take advantage of. It just seems like the priority of imagineering is erasing the sin of Splash Mountain and anything else with problematic histories, not storytelling or design.

Last edited:

Ghost93

Does disney really think they need to push Tiana this much to decrease Frontierland?
The Tiana Cinematic Universe is about to enter its next phase, so yes.

After the Tiana series, we will get a theatrical sequel to the Princess and the Frog and a Broadway show. Then we will get a live action Dr. Facillier origin movie, like Maleficent and Cruella. Then there is the Mama Odie spin-off series, a "Ray: The Early Years" prequel, and "The Princess and the Frog 1 and 1/2" that retells the first film's events from the perspective of Charlotte and Big Daddy.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The Tiana Cinematic Universe is about to enter its next phase, so yes.

After the Tiana series, we will get a theatrical sequel to the Princess and the Frog and a Broadway show. Then we will get a live action Dr. Facillier origin movie, like Maleficent and Cruella. Then there is the Mama Odie spin-off series, a "Ray: The Early Years" prequel, and "The Princess and the Frog 1 and 1/2" that retells the first film's events from the perspective of Charlotte and Big Daddy.
What about the Tiana Holiday Special?

Weather_Lady

No reason to destroy a time period, place, and food style that people really enjoy. It would be easy enough to do a very light re-decorating job, to remove the Pecos Bill references, add some clever and period-appropriate decor like wanted posters and tintypes and ads that (horrors!) don't reference a specific IP, and simply call it the "Tex-Mex Saloon," or even "Rancho Del Zocalo -- Eastern Outpost" in homage to the Tex-Mex CS in Disneyland.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
No reason to destroy a time period, place, and food style that people really enjoy. It would be easy enough to do a very light re-decorating job, to remove the Pecos Bill references, add some clever and period-appropriate decor like wanted posters and tintypes and ads that (horrors!) don't reference a specific IP, and simply call it the "Tex-Mex Saloon," or even "Rancho Del Zocalo -- Eastern Outpost" in homage to the Tex-Mex CS in Disneyland.
I personally like the sound of:

South Western United States High Sodium and Fat Content "Food" for Magic Kingdom Quick Service Location #4

It is the least offensive restaurant name ever. It also rolls right off your tongue and makes your mouth water.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Maybe the Haunted Mansion in the Magic Kingdom could have a Dr. Facillier and Friends on the Other Side overlay around Halloween and Christmas time in the same way that Disneyland has a Nightmare Before Christmas Overlay.
It would probably be easier and cheaper to just re-theme the entire MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom