Pecos Bill's Menu Change

French Quarter

Original Poster
Booo.....terrible idea. I always liked the burgers better at Pecos Bill's than at Cosmic Rays. Keep the Mexican food in Epcot.

Is there actually a difference? I have had both dozens of times and honestly I thought they were the same burger.

I do apologize but I didn't see this until after the fact. I went through 3 pages of the Restaurant board to make sure nothing was already posted and didn't see anything so I started this thread. Then I went to a different board and saw it there. I'm just getting back into WDWMagic after years away and I'm still trying to get the lay of the land and the search function doesn't seem to be helping me. Again, apologies. I am not one to purposely duplicate threads.

DisneyJunkie

No toppings come on the burgers at either place. Do you mean the selection at the toppings bars?

No, I mean on the burgers themselves. The last time I ate there, there were toppings on the burgers at PB that weren't on the ones at CR. I'm sure they've changed it up again since then.

French Quarter

Original Poster
No, I mean on the burgers themselves. The last time I ate there, there were toppings on the burgers at PB that weren't on the ones at CR. I'm sure they've changed it up again since then.

Not sure what you mean. Pecos has a toppings bar, doesn't it? You get a plain burger and dress it up yourself. Is this not rue any more? Maybe someone else could weigh in.

jessfriends

I guess having something different here for a variety in the park is good even though I liked the old menu better. Since they no longer have the cheese on the toppings bar I am ok with this since some of it can still be found at cosmic rays. I will be there around the time of the menu change and I'll have to check it out but I guess it will be similar to tortuga tavern. Wonder what they will have there then when that opens for the holidays?

aladdin2007

I found Tortuga Tavern to be enjoyable on the trips when they happened to be open, so hopefully Pecos will fill that gap with having a great burrito and other selections. I will miss the old menu though.

Anyone know if Tortuga and or the Golden Horseshoe is operating this week? Trying to find a better counter service for a change.

Mukta

Anyone know if Tortuga and or the Golden Horseshoe is operating this week? Trying to find a better counter service for a change.
Unlikely. I wouldn't think it was busy enough. In a pinch, BoG, Columbia Harbour House and Sleepy Hollow aren't bad.

SosoDude

You realize that Texas, the assumed setting for Pecos Bill's, used to be a part of Mexico, yes?
Yeah, but we kicked their burritos, took the land and started grillin' burgers. Big juicy burgers with tons of toppings to choose from. And we liked it. We don't need no stinkin' rice bowls...... Yippy Kye Yay, fajita lover.

Polydweller

Nope, not open this week.

There's a part of this story people haven't really commented on. Starlight Cafe has changed to. It used to serve sandwiches and salads in Bay 3. Now it's just burgers. Two bays of burgers and 1 of chicken.

So Pecos Bill's is now a place for salad bowls and non-burgers which would have been missing in MK. Good idea to put that fare there with the Skipper's Canteen opening to provide other items.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom