Paying a fee to cut in line??

MissM

The regular VIP Tour services does not include front of line passes.

Duration:
More than 6 hours
Price:
$175.00-$315.00 per hour. Theme Park admission is required and is not included.

Source: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/vip-services/

But according to this article, you can get it for $100 extra an hour:
These tours do not offer “back door” entrance onto the rides. You must stand in line like everyone else. But your tour guide knows the best order in which to experience them with as little wait as possible.

For an extra $100 per hour, you can order the “Premium” package. This gives your group unlimited Fast Pass admission. At any attraction that uses Fast Pass, your tour guide can flash their “magic” card and admit your group into this line – as many times as you like. So if you’re a Space Mountain junky, you can re-queue over and over again in the Fast Pass line. This even applies to attractions that aren’t utilizing Fast Pass on a particular day.

Could be as much then as $415 per hour per person, minimum of 6 hours. At that rate, just two people would be $5,000. That's insane.

ddbowdoin

Duration:
More than 6 hours
Price:

These tours do not offer “back door” entrance onto the rides. You must stand in line like everyone else. But your tour guide knows the best order in which to experience them with as little wait as possible.

For an extra $100 per hour, you can order the “Premium” package. This gives your group unlimited Fast Pass admission. At any attraction that uses Fast Pass, your tour guide can flash their “magic” card and admit your group into this line – as many times as you like. So if you’re a Space Mountain junky, you can re-queue over and over again in the Fast Pass line. This even applies to attractions that aren’t utilizing Fast Pass on a particular day.

Could be as much then as $415 per hour per person, minimum of 6 hours. At that rate, just two people would be $5,000. That's insane.

all I can say is WOW... for one day only.

Jimmy Thick

This is something Disney has to work on for premium guests. All Deluxe resort guests should have automatic front of the line access and not have to worry about Fastpasses. Fastpasses should be for the other guests to have to deal with.

Jimmy Thick- Something Universal does better than Disney...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Duration:
More than 6 hours
Price:

I would agree but there are people out there that look at $5k like you and I might look at and extra $1 to supersize a #1 value meal.

Rob562

No, I am talking about seeing families with their own personal tour guide. I have seen them eating meals together, going on attractions, and just walking around. Not one of your standard backstage tours that are being offered.

Back during the (Two) Year(s) of a (Two) Million Dreams promotion, the family that won the Cinderella Castle Suite got their own VIP Tour Guide for the rest of the day. Stood next to one winning family and their Guide while watching Wishes.

-Rob

jlevis

Duration:
More than 6 hours
Price:

With my luck that would be the day that Splash Mountain and Big Thunder would be down at the same time.

rob0519

Duration:
More than 6 hours
Price:

Just looked at the website. I don't see where it says "per person". Nor does it say anything about the maximum size of the group.

Motorpro

This is something Disney has to work on for premium guests. All Deluxe resort guests should have automatic front of the line access and not have to worry about Fastpasses. Fastpasses should be for the other guests to have to deal with.

Jimmy Thick- Something Universal does better than Disney...

The day they do disney will start losing money. Millions of people will stop going to Disney if they start playing class warfare and Disney knows it.

MissM

Back during the (Two) Year(s) of a (Two) Million Dreams promotion, the family that won the Cinderella Castle Suite got their own VIP Tour Guide for the rest of the day. Stood next to one winning family and their Guide while watching Wishes.

-Rob
Yeah we saw someone in front of us waiting to get onto Big Thunder who had a Tour Guide with them and turns out they won the Castle Suite. I was so jealous! :D

Just looked at the website. I don't see where it says "per person". Nor does it say anything about the maximum size of the group.
The details are sparse on the official site, but the article says groups of minimum of 1 (obviously) to a max of 10. Though you're right, it does not say per person so perhaps it's one price fee. In which case, it would be better to have a group of 10 and split it! :lol:

Rob562

It's not per person, it's per VIP Guide. And as another poster said, it's "up to 10" Guests. More than 10 would require a 2nd Guide and the requisite addition fees for the second Guide.

-Rob

peachykeen

The price is for up to 10 people. If you have 11, you pay double. 21 people, triple.

The minimum is 6 hours per day, but some Guests have their guides for 10, 12, 14+ hours a day for 5+ days.

The $175-195/hr tour is rarely done anymore. Premium ("Unlimited FP") is $275-315/hr (price is based on on/off property Guest, and peak season) and includes private transportation.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The details are sparse on the official site, but the article says groups of minimum of 1 (obviously) to a max of 10. Though you're right, it does not say per person so perhaps it's one price fee. In which case, it would be better to have a group of 10 and split it! :lol:

$175/hour + $100 for front-of-line = $275/hour.

6 hour min = $1,650

$165/person plus park admission? Wouldn't be worth it IMO. But people are stupid with money. :shrug:

mergatroid

Whilst at Fantasmic the other week we sat near a family who had a Disney employee with them. He actually not only guided them in and watched the show with them but also went and fetched them snacks and drinks of their choosing from the snack bar. I was tempted to ask him to collect a coke for me whilst there but thought they might not take the joke so went myself.

peachykeen

Whilst at Fantasmic the other week we sat near a family who had a Disney employee with them. He actually not only guided them in and watched the show with them but also went and fetched them snacks and drinks of their choosing from the snack bar. I was tempted to ask him to collect a coke for me whilst there but thought they might not take the joke so went myself.

The guides almost become a family member by the end. The guides will ride the attractions, watch the shows, eat breakfast/lunch/dinner, all with their Guests. By the end, it's not unusual for the kids to be holding the Guide's hands, and hugs at the end of the trip are common.

BelleofDE

if I had the money this would be awesome. But, I wouldn't want to take young children on a tour like that because it would ruin some of the magic. I'd want the tour for the adults and the VIP fasspasses for the children lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom