Past Attraction DVDs

Icekid84

Original Poster
Well first off let me tell you I'm in no way associated with the Extinct Attractions Club, so I'm not plugging them to benefit myself. Well I’ve been a member here a while now, but I’ve never made a peep till now. In the past I always yearned to have a high speed internet so I could be able to download past Disney ride attractions. I had heard of mirc channels that you could get them for free. Well time went by and poor me was still stuck with 56k... Well recently while doing a routine search on eBay for things my Dad and I had already collected Disney and keeping an eye out for new things I came across some DVDs for sale on eBay. Well I immediately told my dad about them and he was interested as much as I was. Well we ended up going for the entire series (a lot of DVDs actually) and so far we’ve gotten 15 in. The great thing is that were not just paying for a ride through on film, there is much more. The narration is terrific, I'm a big history channel watcher, TLC, Discovery channel, etc and well I thought they were pretty professionally done. I’ve never been to Disneyland, and for some of the attractions I'll never get to see sadly. Though reproduction through film can never match, it’s still a nice thing to be able to have. I saw Adventure Thru Inner Space today, and the week before we got in America Sings. I find the interviews with people like X-Atencio, and Mark Davis's wife etc to be quite interesting. Who would have thought that Marc Davis would have had so much art in his house, even in the bathroom? Though it’s not been all perfect, some of the DVDs were not in great shape (due to shipping), but I love the content so much I don’t mind having the discs replaced. Anyhow For those of you who will never get to ride the old favorites again or never rode them before and would like to get a taste of what they used to be then it’s a cool collection to get. Again I'm just saying all this because I know there are some people out there like me who just don’t have time to download videos; that if you want in good quality are large file sizes.
P.S. I hope I got this in the right forum, I thought it seemed relevant, but if not then hopefully a nice mod will move it to the corresponding place.

FigmentJedi

Did you get the Journey Into Imagination disk. I would want to definitely hear about that and the documentary. Apparently it describes how JII was initially planned for Disneyland.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do some digging round the net - its amazing what you find for free. JII was planned for early Westcot (apparently), but since it got pulled they used the idea for EPCOT (hence it was last in the planning, and opened March 1983). How about the original idea for EPCOT where the ride would end upstairs, in the Imageworks?? Thanks, George!

Icekid84

Original Poster
Journey into imagination, yes that’s one of the first ones that we got in. I found it quite nice. On the disk it contained Magic Journeys (love that song from the them park cd) and had Captain EO. It talked about the history of course and then talked about today how when Dreamfinder was kicked out, along with figment that people started protesting, and when it was finally fixed with figment the website Friends of figment was on hand to give its approval, even said there was a banner that said "Welcome Friends of Figment"

So far the disks we’ve got in that I’ve watched up lol is

1. World of Motion
2. Promotional Films of Disneyland and Disneyworld ( these were really interesting)
3. Carousel of Progress Tribute
4. Submarine and Motor Boat Cruise
5. Disneyland home movies volume 1
6. America Sings ( so far my favorite, makes me wish I could have rode it :( )
7. Country Bear Jamboree
8. Adventures Thru Inner Space (ride video was hard to decipher, guess because it was a dark ride and its been closed so long the cameras back then were not as advanced)
9. Journey into Imagination
10. If you had wings (ok I wasn’t fond of that attraction, never rode it but that song where wings is repeated is annoying to me) however it was nice to see dream flight again ( rode that in person)
11. Monsanto House of the Future ( sad what happened to it, such a state of the art house)
12. Disneyland around the seasons ( I like these old Disneyland episodes, nice to see how the park was, dont get to see them since Vault Disney hardly if ever comes on)
13. From Pirates to Tommorrowland
14. Universe of Energy ( nice to hear that wonderful song again)
15. Epcot Center "The Land"
16. Disneyland an adventure in the Kingdom
17. Sandy Duncan in Disneyland ( hehe jeeze how Disney has changed since the 70s)
18. Disneyland Holiday Time

hmm guess I had more than 15 in. The case covers have not been that great, so I got the software I had laying around for doing cases and am making my own custom ones for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom