Passholders: bring your passes and your bands

suechris2

Original Poster
Fortunately I brought my regular annual passes with us along with the new bands. In order to receive the merchandise discount and parking passholders must still provide the annual pass and ID. The Bands do not indicate that you are a passholder. No one told me this before we went. Also if you have Tables in Wonderland that is not integrated yet. So annual passholders along with the bands still need to carry everything around with them. For now anyway.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Fortunately I brought my regular annual passes with us along with the new bands. In order to receive the merchandise discount and parking passholders must still provide the annual pass and ID. The Bands do not indicate that you are a passholder. No one told me this before we went. Also if you have Tables in Wonderland that is not integrated yet. So annual passholders along with the bands still need to carry everything around with them. For now anyway.

This was included in your info when you got your band... you have the gold or black card to show for discounts. The band doesn't function for those at this time.

ABQ

too much to mess with and along with other reasons, were sticking with the rfid card, no bands.
That's irrelevant to the OP's issue. Swap out the RFID card for the band in this case, you'll need to present an AP to receive a discount as well.

suechris2

Original Poster
So I should have specified. I linked my passes to the band before I left so the bands were waiting at the hotel for us. We booked too late to have the bands mailed and personalized. I brought our passes but not on purpose. When we received the bands they did not give us any cards for discounts and did not say anything about carrying our cards. I had a meltdown on a cashier before storming over to customer service. It was their that I was told to carry our passes and IDs for parking and discounts

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I should have specified. I linked my passes to the band before I left so the bands were waiting at the hotel for us. We booked too late to have the bands mailed and personalized. I brought our passes but not on purpose. When we received the bands they did not give us any cards for discounts and did not say anything about carrying our cards. I had a meltdown on a cashier before storming over to customer service. It was their that I was told to carry our passes and IDs for parking and discounts

Ah.. you got your bands because of a resort stay didn't you? not because you ordered your bands as APs.

When you order your Magicbands as an AP holder (something they just started last month), you will get a band with the AP details and discount cards.

ABQ

Ah.. you got your bands because of a resort stay didn't you? not because you ordered your bands as APs.

When you order your Magicbands as an AP holder (something they just started last month), you will get a band with the AP details and discount cards.
That is what happened with me. Got my bands as part of my stay, already had an AP, which is just paper with a magnetic strip, and something I have to have with me if I'm to get an AP discount. When RFID was mentioned earlier, I was think KTTW card, not RFID AP, as my AP is anything but RFID. I'm sure new ones are though.

suechris2

Original Poster
I already had the passholder RFID cards. We booked through Expedia. The Bands I got because I went on to the passholder site and linked to the bands however I was to late and too close to the trip so rather than mail them the order said they'd be waiting at the resort.

dreamfinder

I already had the passholder RFID cards. We booked through Expedia. The Bands I got because I went on to the passholder site and linked to the bands however I was to late and too close to the trip so rather than mail them the order said they'd be waiting at the resort.

You are still getting the AP specific bands confused with those who have resort stays. You get a MB by booking a resort stay. Those would either show up at your house, or at the resort. Those will be MBs that come in a box with the Incredibles on it. If you request the bands as an AP holder (separate from a hotel stay) then you will be sent the MB in a passholder box that includes the benefit card. The bands associated with a resort stay don't know that you have an AP, and in all honesty could care less. Just like how the AP bands don't know that you have a resort stay and could care less. Two totally separate processes.

Mammymouse

MM+ gets more complicated - not easier. I am AP FL resident and DVC. Here are some highlights of my MM+ Experience.......Because I stayed one or two nights at the World 5 different times since Sept 1st, I have accumulated 13 bands associated to me. Each visit they would issue new ones. One CM said to bring them back and gave me a printout of them all, and then on my next visit they would deactivate them. Some of my guests stuff got linked - some didn't, including my husband's, so I have thrown up my hands in the air and decided to bring bands, AP cards, DVC and Tables in Wonderland cards each time I go. I keep the cards in my wallet all the time anyway so that is no biggie, but toting the bands is a pain in the neck. The next time I went the CM said it was up to me about deactivation and was so casual about doing it I got concerned that even if they said they deactivated them I would not believe it for sure (I had nightmare thoughts of Obamacare situations). So I brought them back home. And now the last time I went in March the CM ( who was borderline rude, which I have never experienced before at check-in) gave me cards to get into our OKW villa instead of a band. So it is a different scenario each time I go. I can't think of what was broken that they wanted to fix with this new system - oh yeah, the whole tracking and data collecting thing.

jlsHouston

Thank you, I opened the box up further and I have one of those doo hickey things that you slide on your MB that say passholder. And I got a yellow card

dreamfinder

MM+ gets more complicated - not easier. I am AP FL resident and DVC. Here are some highlights of my MM+ Experience.......Because I stayed one or two nights at the World 5 different times since Sept 1st, I have accumulated 13 bands associated to me. Each visit they would issue new ones.

You should be able to use the bands interchangeably. Bring them or not, totally up to you. From the MDE "MagicBands and Cards" section of the website,
Select a MagicBand or Card to Manage Its Status
All your MagicBands and cards can be used interchangeably as long as they’re active.

You can then select the band in question, and it will bring up a page giving you the option to deactivate it. No need to bring them back with you if you don't want. But if you like being able to match the band to your outfit, then bring the ones you want to use.

ratherbeinwdw

The passholder envelope I got yesterday explains in detail exactly how the magicbands will work for ap's. It states emphatically that all bands and cards are interchangeable as long as you don't deactivate them. It's a really neat little envelope. It opens out in all directions with info on each side.

ConvenientTruth

\ I can't think of what was broken that they wanted to fix with this new system - oh yeah, the whole tracking and data collecting thing.

Something doesn't necessarily need to be broken, in order for change to happen. The Magic Band and MDE are a step in the right direction. Granted it currently has some hiccups, but as the system "matures" it will be a easier and better experience (IMO). I love the idea that I can get fast passes months in advance and change them on the phone while eating or in line for another ride.

Goofnut1980

When we went in December, our band was scanned at the ticket booth and they validated the AP from the band. Or at other times, I asked, can you scan my AP... they simply waived me on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom