Passholders: bring your passes and your bands

horizons82

I actually do like the convenience of using the bands for FP attractions and for park admission--it's nice to not have to go into the wallet or purse to get the cards. At the same time, I'll always carry my regular pass card to use as a back-up and for discounts.

Since I do not get parking with my pass, I don't have much of a reason to use the discount card instead of just carrying the regular pass with me. But I do like having the MB for admission/FP purposes.

suechris2

Original Poster
I don't like that I was on propery and not getting fast passes with reasonable times because others who were not on vacation yet were already getting fast passes. I feel the same way about dining. I know it's nice to be able to do this in advance but it isn't fair to the people who are on propery or in the parks. We booked last minute and found ourselves standing in MK and couldn't get fast passes for that day or dining reservations.

horizons82

Suechris...I do feel for the near inability to just visit a park without pre-planning anymore. It IS possible to enjoy the parks (and I do still enjoy them greatly), but one almost has to take a class and plan well in advance to ensure their trip is a good one and to get to experience the bulk of things they want to do.

I can only imagine how many people who are going for the first time or who are going back for the first time in 10, 15, or 20 years have no clue how many attractions, restaurants or other things on their 'to-do' list that they are going to be shut-out of just because they don't realize the planning involved and required these days.

And while those staying on-site do get a pamphlet that talks about FP and making reservations and such, those staying off-site or who just buy tickets thinking of going last-minute without needing to make any arrangements are going to be thoroughly disappointed in how little they are actually able to do (much less with how long the lines are if they go during a busier season).

I can also see where someone staying on property in a last-minute decision to go would be annoyed with being unable to get into places because FPs and ADRs for the more popular places are already taken/reserved. There are a lot less advantages to staying on-site if it is a last-moment decision to do so.

Last edited:

KellyELock

I've been searching for the right forum to post this question on, hope someone here can help. We have annual passes that include parking. I have family coming in town to visit, and they want to take my kids with them to Disney (while I am at work, boo hoo). Will they be able to use my 4 year old daughter's yellow annual pass RFID card for parking? Her card does say PARKING and DISCOUNT on the back, but the adults who will be with her do not have annual passes - just one day passes. In the past, they have asked my husband and I for ID's when showing our cards for Parking. Will they do the same for a 4 year old, even though she has no ID to show?

On the same note, would they be able to use her card for merchandise discounts in the park? A few weeks ago at Downtown Disney, I was checking out, and I showed them my discount card. Well, at the same time, my Mom insisted on paying for my things, and the CM told me that if my Mom was making the purchase, then I couldn't use my AP discount. So now I wonder even if someone purchases something for my 4 year old inside the park, will they honor her AP discount card?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom