Passholder rates

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Thinking of getting annual pass ( have had many times b4 but not rtecently) QUESTION does anyone know if resort rates for passholders are out for early august yet? IF they are can anyone tell me what some of the rates are? Id like idea b4I purchase.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
No rates past 4/16 yet...which is pretty unusual. By now we would normally have AP rates for May and beyond. I have no clue why there aren't any rates yet. Something tells me there might not be an AP rate that comes out for late spring/early summer. If the rooms are selling well to the general public they most likely won't need APs to fill in the gaps.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You can book room-only now without the AP rate and without purchasing an AP. If AP rates come out, you can apply them to your booking at that time, still without actually purchasing the AP. You can purchase the required AP when you arrive to qualify for the rates you booked months before.

Currently, there are general-public discounts available for late August [from the MouseSavers site]:

Late Summer Savings of up to 40% Off Stay dates: 8/14/11-10/1/11. Get a 20%-40% discount off regular "Rack" rates. Percent off varies by resort type. Use offer code YW3 or TSU. Some dates will be blocked out. Rates not available for all dates and resorts.

• Save 20% at All Star Movies
  • Save 25% at select Disney Value Resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
  • Save 30% select Disney Moderate Resorts, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort
  • Save 35% at select Disney Deluxe Resorts
  • Save 40% at select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
AP rates, if they're released, will usually be slightly better [2-5% more] than that.

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Thing is we would b looking for rates before those dates, like aug 6-14...just b4 those late summer deals. Right now there are no discounts for those particular dates so Im hopeing maybe getting PH will not only save me $$ for this year with rates but then I can use tix next year too plus discount on resort then also. But unless I know I can get discounts during aug 6-14 period I don't want to spring for AP....they are expensive. I'll just go with reg rates but buy 8-9 day tix.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Usually the AP rates mirror the GP rates unfortunately. Before mid-August, the local schools are still out, you will probably not see any discounts offered.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Ditto. These days, APs need to be willing to book rack, then lurk. Every time a better deal show up? CALL. Currently, the best deals with the longest target dates are the GP deals. Grab one, then lurk...

This has a secondary effect - besides you getting SOME kind of deal, WDW will eventually notice that a LOT of APs use the "snatch-lurk-call" tactic. I'm a Chemist - not a Financial Officer. But I've got to believe that this process will result in a degree of cost escalation for WDW. Perhaps it will result in re-motivation to release AP rates first....

Thank you for giving my current method of booking a name. :lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

AP rates for 4/25-6/2 are now out. Nothing too spectacular. I just called my travel agent and had her check to see if the AP rate saves me any money for my May trip. I was previously booked through a general public room-only rate that got me 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge for $878. Using the AP rate the same room was $1150. Um...thanks but no thanks. :lookaroun I think that is only about $100 off the full rack rate. Interestingly enough, with the AP rate the Polynesian is actually about $100 cheaper than Wilderness Lodge. Very odd. Poly is never cheaper than WL. :shrug:

disneyrcks

We went last August and stayed at Poly from August 8th-15th....we had annual passes and received a 40% discount off of our stay at Poly. I know that doesn't guarantee anything for this August but I wanted to offer up the info :)

dreamfinder

How much is it for the Annual Passholder?

For a pass or for a room w/discount? The standard AP itself is $531.44 (Tax included). Room rates vary all over the place depending on the current promotion being run. Sometimes a minimal discount, other times 40% off the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom