Passholder parking during blockout

Orangeanna

Original Poster
Probably a stupid question but if we're blocked from the parks can we still park for free and travel to get resorts without paying that horrible parking fee?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, since your passholder free parking only extends to park parking lots, and you can't enter the park on blackout days, I'd say "no."

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Interesting. I've never been asked what type of pass I have. Gate attendant really has no way of knowing if you intend to come in to a park and upgrade so can't really see them trying to deny you access.
Now, if your question is can you park at a resort while blacked out from the parks? YES. I've done that, stayed on property while blacked out, and did a lot of resort hopping. Again, you could be there for a restaurant, shop, pin trading, etc.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Interesting. I've never been asked what type of pass I have. Gate attendant really has no way of knowing if you intend to come in to a park and upgrade so can't really see them trying to deny you access.
If you show up at parking with an unactivated Annual Pass, what do they do?

They charge you for parking and then you can claim a reimbursement at Guest Services.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
If you show up at parking with an unactivated Annual Pass, what do they do?

They charge you for parking and then you can claim a reimbursement at Guest Services.
I'd say it depends on the cast member. They are supposed to charge you and then you take your receipt to guest services for a refund.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don’t think it’s a stupid question at all. The TTC is the Magic Kingdom parking lot and I can understand someone wanting to park there and go to a resort restaurant. There is a whole host of benefits and discounts associated with an annual pass and I doubt they would all be unavailable during blockout days. I would call or email the pass holder program and ask. Can’t hurt. (Yes, I know sometimes calling results in misinformation but it’s worked great for me.)

I can certainly see Disney saying the only thing blocked out is admission to the parks.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
The parking fee at resorts is for overnight guests, not for people with a dining reservation.
That's true but even apart from any fee, parking at the monorail resorts can be pretty restrictive. We've parked at TTC and walked to the Poly to have drinks at Trader Sam's or taken the monorail to visit Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake.

I would be interested to know the answer to OP's question. Disney doesn't go out of its way to solve problems it doesn't have, and I doubt there are enough annual pass holders parking in the lots on blockout days to make it any kind of problem.

Orangeanna

Original Poster
I guess I had read that the parking fee was also to discourage park guests from parking at resorts for free than hopping on busses and go to parks. If that's true than why penalize overnight guests and still allow day guests to park for free? Are we being timed? Do we need reservations at a table service(assuming there is one) ? Was the point of the fee just to discourage car rental? I'm guessing that's also the point of the skyliner then, more transportation means less need for a car. That may be good news for those people hoping for A.K skyliner in the near future. And yes, passholders benefits do extend beyond the parks. That's a great point. Has anyone tried parking while blocked at the parks recently?

Orangeanna

Original Poster
What if we just wanted to ride the monorail to dine and shop, or the boats? Getting access to the ttc would be the most convenient way.

Orangeanna

Original Poster
If I try parking at the MK lot and can't for free do they turn me around? How and where? My husband hates paying for parking anywhere! He's a spot hunter, also hates atm fees. He'll drive 10 miles wasting gas to avoid them. It's his thing.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
An AP with blackout dates only prohibits you from visiting the parks on said blackout dates. You shouldn't have a problem parking in the MK lot. I assume you are doing this strictly for the Monorail resorts (Poly, GF, and Contemp).

These are the only ones that really give you any issue for parking directly at the resort (and this depends on various factors). As an alternative - you should have no problem "visiting" WL and exploring there before catching a boat over to the Contemp. I much prefer that route than lugging through the MK parking lot.

HoldenC

If I try parking at the MK lot and can't for free do they turn me around? How and where? My husband hates paying for parking anywhere! He's a spot hunter, also hates atm fees. He'll drive 10 miles wasting gas to avoid them. It's his thing.
CluelessGiantAmericantoad-size_restricted.gif

TheX8

I am sorry for hijacking this thread a bit. How is the parking situation in Disney Springs? I haven't parked there since 2017 (I've only visited parks anytime I'm at the resort) and wanted to know if Disney Springs is a hard place to park at nowadays.

HoldenC

I am sorry for hijacking this thread a bit. How is the parking situation in Disney Springs? I haven't parked there since 2017 (I've only visited parks anytime I'm at the resort) and wanted to know if Disney Springs is a hard place to park at nowadays.
Parking at Springs has become a delight since all three garages are open now!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The only time you'd be turned away from parking at a resort is the MK resorts during a hard ticketed event like MNSSHP or MVMCP. Those evenings, you'd need to have an ADR to park if not a resort guest. The guards at the gate will have a list of those with ADRs those evenings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom