News Passholder Benefits Shifting

floridagirl57

I am a FL passholder and make weekend and day trips to Disney at least once a month when I'm not blacked out. I love wandering around the World Showcase and AK is my favorite park for the lovely themed design.
My husband hadn't been to the World since he was a kid, so we did a tour of MK, AK and Epcot with his mom (they got the 3 day ticket for FL residents). When I told him that attendance was down at Epcot his response was "well, no sh*t, maybe they should update that park and add more investment and rides" So, that is the reaction from the general public.

Kman101

It's just the idea that magnets are a 'benefit'. It's a nice gesture for sure. Not trying to knock it. I never knew so many loved their magnets ;) but to have it be one of the main benefits is hilarious (and sad) to me. I also think it's something they could easily send to passholders. There's also a lot more they could give than magnets but I guess if magnets are a-OK with everyone let's not push for anything better.

#JusticeForTheMagnets

Kman101

It's what they do. They don't recognize the real problem and then cut things. We've been down this road how many times now over the last few decades? So much has been cut over the last two decades .... I'm surprised they have anything left to cut. They do just above the bare minium (or it's usually the bare minimum) as it is.

I imagine it's a combination of several factors. Summer last year wasn't exactly packing them in. I remember a lot of Epcot is empty photos and posts.

Maybe if they, you know, ADDED things and IMPROVED things, guests would, you know, show up? They show up for anything new. No one's rushing to the parks for Donald's Dino-Bash, the Guardians show (which is better than I expected and I'm OK with it, just not the location) or the Incredible Tomorrowland Expo except the bloggers.

Sounds like the same old same old for the Halloween and Christmas parties this year. How about freshening it up? It helped to have two new castle stage shows but ....

disneygeek90

You get sent 3 magnets a year from Disney?
No? You said "It could be mailed. Like Universal does." Universal sends you one magnet. You can get a normal AP magnet when you purchase a ticket at Disney, and several other options throughout the year that you can pick more up. If you're an AP, most likely at least one of your trips would fall during a giveaway.

Magnets are absolutely not main benefit. Getting to walk into any park for a small amount of dollars per visit is.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

I like light crowds but dislike cuts in staffing, hours, and project development. When you try to make an issue black-and-white, you miss a lot of nuance.
There's a big difference from wall to wall crowds and massive cuts due to a loss in attendance. There is a middle ground that can lead to lower crowds actually increasing the bottom line. Lower wait times means people are spending more time in gift shops and snacking/drinking throughout their day rather than in a 165 min line for Space Mountain.

ToTBellHop

There's a big difference from wall to wall crowds and massive cuts due to a loss in attendance. There is a middle ground that can lead to lower crowds actually increasing the bottom line. Lower wait times means people are spending more time in gift shops and snacking/drinking throughout their day rather than in a 165 min line for Space Mountain.
Not in the company I've observed over the years. Any declines are met first with ploys to get people in and drain more money from them and second with drastic cuts.

matt9112

It's just the idea that magnets are a 'benefit'. It's a nice gesture for sure. Not trying to knock it. I never knew so many loved their magnets ;) but to have it be one of the main benefits is hilarious (and sad) to me. I also think it's something they could easily send to passholders. There's also a lot more they could give than magnets but I guess if magnets are a-OK with everyone let's not push for anything better.

#JusticeForTheMagnets

the back of my GTI doesn't have enough metal and they wont stick :(

JoeCamel

the back of my GTI doesn't have enough metal and they wont stick :(
go.jpg

wannabeBelle

Can you lock this down for me??...I need to know where the magnets are...magniphiles want to know!!!
I got a Minnie one at EPCOT By the inside hallway behind the Character Spot. I got a Donald one at the Studios in Mickey's of Hollywood I think. Both were being given out the week of 5/25/2018. Marie

wannabeBelle

Sorry Walter didn't realize you were kidding, it is tough to tell online!!! I have the two magnets up on my refrigerator, the are cute!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom