Passes on ebay

Number_6

Honestly, there is a slight chance that they are valid, but if they were, I know I would have set one heck of a reserve price on them. Right now the seller is getting a little over 30 pounds for them on a 10 day auction with less than a day left. I wouldn't chance it, if I were you.

Upvote 0

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
After looking at the date it almost looks like the CM that entered the info made a typing error. Doesn't look legit to me.:(

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I would be very suspect about these tickets. They are printed on the room key card, but yet have an expiration of 2024, I find that odd. I wouldn't take the chance, it's probably not worth risking your hard earned money. Sticking with the theory that if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably a scam.

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

I always carry my room card in my wallet (as a memento of my last trip, it makes me smile when I see it there). Well I checked it and it looks just like that card (with Tink), but it should say your name, whether you are an Adult or Child and the length of stay (ex: 12/17-12/22, exact days, not number of days on it) right on front. Maybe this is just because it was our room key and there might be different cards out there, but that's what mine says. If it were me, I would hate to buy it and then get down to Disney and have it not work and buy a new one. Hope that helps. :)

Upvote 0

Invero

They're resort contigency tickets. My guess is that when they checked in, the computers went down, and so thier ticket package wasn't able to be processed. So, instead, they're given special contigency tickets (1 day UPH), and special keys for thier room. When the computers come back up, they have to come back to the desk to get the real keys and tickets.

Personally, I would *NEVER* buy Disney tickets from anyone outside of Disney or a Disney AUTHORIZED ticket seller.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would say no way for several reasons. First Disney does not allow tickets to be resold. These tickets appear to be on a room key if that is the case there will be a name attached to it. If they ask you to provide ID the names won’t match up. The seller claims that the tickets haven’t been fingerprinted yet. While the seller is misinformed about what info the scanners get there is no guarantee that the biometrics has not been put on the tickets. If they have and the scan won’t work you will me asked to show ID. As mentioned before the date is probably a typo. This is another red flag that will go up which will go back to providing ID. The length of time that the tickets are good for could also be in question. The seller states” THESE TICKETS GIVE YOU 1 FULL DAY ADMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING PARKS” not 1 day to each park so with all probability this ticket could be an old ultimate park hopper with only 1 day left on it. If that is the case the high bid is already more that what a 1 day pass would cost you at the gate. The method of payment accepted by the seller leaves you no recourse if they don’t deliver. If a seller doesn’t accept Paypal or charge cards it is not a good idea to buy from them. I would not buy Disney tickets from anywhere other than Disney, AAA, a military base or from a reputable travel agent if you do you are taking a big risk.

Upvote 0

Invero

Master Yoda said:
These tickets appear to be on a room key if that is the case there will be a name attached to it. If they ask you to provide ID the names won’t match up. The seller claims that the tickets haven’t been fingerprinted yet. While the seller is misinformed about what info the scanners get there is no guarantee that the biometrics has not been put on the tickets. If they have and the scan won’t work you will me asked to show ID. As mentioned before the date is probably a typo. This is another red flag that will go up which will go back to providing ID. The length of time that the tickets are good for could also be in question. The seller states” THESE TICKETS GIVE YOU 1 FULL DAY ADMISSION TO THE FOLLOWING PARKS” not 1 day to each park so with all probability this ticket could be an old ultimate park hopper with only 1 day left on it.

They are resort contigency admits. They are printed on the plastic cards that are usually used for room keys, because that's the only media that a resort would have -- there are no names associated with the tickets. Biometrics would not be associated with the tickets, as they are 1 day UPH tickets, printed before Magic Your Way. As for the dates, they are not a typo. The tickets were pre-printed on 9/7/04, and are valid for 20 years. All resorts pre-print contingency admits, in the event that the ticketing system goes down. There's nothing fishy about the tickets themselves... with the exception that they are not resellable, and you can't tell if they've been used.

Upvote 0

rogtuf

I think the other posts are right. Its not worth the risk. No-one has mentioned that the seller has a reasonable level of feedback - if that is to be believed. However, arriving and having a ticket that I had paid good money for, and then not working, would upset the holiday. No, its not worth the chance!

Upvote 0

CAPTAINJACK

When we were there in January (after the ticket system change-over), I bought a child pass for my son at the Boardwalk resort, and we got the same Tinkerbell card as our Park pass for him. I have also purchased special passes at a conference that I was at in which I received the same Tinkerbell card (purchased at Coronado Springs). So I don't think it is the picture on the card that you should worry about.

The problem that I would have is that you cannot identify from the front what length the pass is for, or what type of pass it is (let alone how much time is left on it). That info is always on the back of the card. If you cannot get that information from the picture, or the auction listing, then I would simply pass (pun intended) on the deal.

Disclaimer: I am too much of a chicken to take that kind of risk on my Disney tickets, so if you are comfortable with the claims on ebay, then don't let Tinkerbell on the front stop you.

Edit: Looks like others have beaten me to the punch with better info about the pass. Bottom line: don't do it!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I wouldnt waste my time or money personally. If you contact Pam of Kingdom Konsultant at 1866-566-7858, she has a connection to a reputable ticket dealer that will give you only a few dollars off your tickets, but they are completely legit and that is the important thing here. As others have said there is no way outside out Disneyworld to tell if these tickets are legit, used up or what. I wouldnt take the chance. Belle

Upvote 0

DLP Fan

Original Poster
Thanks for your all your help. Thought it looked a bit suspect. Didnt recognise it as being a park pass. Thought it resembled a room key more. I appreciate you all responding to my question. Much obliged!

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

I'm going to be the evil voice and say that it's worth considering. It's too good of a deal to not at least consider.

Not everything on EBay is a scam. It used to be a dark area, but I believe that it's gotten a lot better.

The question is, is it worth the risk for you? If the tickets are valid, then this is a steal. Even if they have a day but the biometrics don't compute, you may still be able to swing your way in (say you got em from a friend or something). Worst case, the tickets aren't good and you have to buy new ones.

/doesn't claim that the tickets are valid
//doesn't even know what a valid ticket looks like anymore
///done being evil voice =)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

DigitalDisney said:
I'm going to be the evil voice and say that it's worth considering. It's too good of a deal to not at least consider.

Not everything on EBay is a scam. It used to be a dark area, but I believe that it's gotten a lot better.

The question is, is it worth the risk for you? If the tickets are valid, then this is a steal. Even if they have a day but the biometrics don't compute, you may still be able to swing your way in (say you got em from a friend or something). Worst case, the tickets aren't good and you have to buy new ones.

/doesn't claim that the tickets are valid
//doesn't even know what a valid ticket looks like anymore
///done being evil voice =)

You might be able to get in, but saying they were a friends wouldn't work because the tickets are supposed to be non-transferable. This is why every ticket it now going to be biometric.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom