Party Season 2021

Animaniac93-98

The "will they, won't they" with Halloween parties is certainly making it hard to plan a Fall trip.

Even if you didn't want to go, you'd still wonder how they'd affect park hours or other things.

Of course we wouldn't be worrying about Halloween in April if Disney hadn't conditioned us for years to plan trips 6+ months out and to expect Spooky Season to start in August.

dreday3

The "will they, won't they" with Halloween parties is certainly making it hard to plan a Fall trip.

Even if you didn't want to go, you'd still wonder how they'd affect park hours or other things.

Honestly we just planned our park days like our normal October trips in the past and if a Halloween party is finally announced, hopefully it follows the same pattern they used to and I will get a Thursday night party....

Animaniac93-98

They have until July to decide, assuming it starts in Sept this year. July is when dining reservations open.

I think they have to decide sooner than that due to the hiring and rehearsals involved for entertainment.

They could wait until July to announce it, but the decision to do them at all (and what they would be like) would have to happen first.

Touchdown

I think they have to decide sooner than that due to the hiring and rehearsals involved for entertainment.

They could wait until July to announce it, but the decision to do them at all (and what they would be like) would have to happen first.
I meant announce publicly. If/when normal entertainment rolls start hiring (hopefully soon) they could hide seasonal role hiring.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Since MSEP glowed away?
I think we're still misunderstanding each other.

AFAIK, there has never been a upcharge evening for just a nighttime "electrical parade." It was included in the cost of the day.

The party nights (Halloween and Christmas) were upcharge events with parades, but the parades weren't "electrical parades."

Are you saying that Disney had or will charge extra for the nighttime electrical parade?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think we're still misunderstanding each other.

AFAIK, there has never been a upcharge evening for just a nighttime "electrical parade." It was included in the cost of the day.

The party nights (Halloween and Christmas) were upcharge events with parades, but the parades weren't "electrical parades."

Are you saying that Disney had or will charge extra for the nighttime electrical parade?
Disney dropped all nighttime parades at the MK to general admission audiences when MSEP went away. Since that happened several years ago there has been no replacement, other than if you pay for a party. Even as we enter the 50th anniversary year, there still is nothing other than rumors and speculation as to a replacement.

Cost cutting or monetizing of nighttime entertainment or both?

drew81

I think Disney Leadership still doesn’t know whether to pull the trigger on parties or not.

What will be interesting to see is if they do have parties with less entertainment (dance parties, characters, no full parade, stage shows) what the price point will be.
It wouldn’t blow me away if they still charged the same price and tried to get away with all the reductions.

orky8

They have until July to decide, assuming it starts in Sept this year. July is when dining reservations open.
No. They could do it next week and just release reservations when they know they’re doing it if they wanted to. They don’t need to have it be 60 days out.

Animaniac93-98

I think Disney Leadership still doesn’t know whether to pull the trigger on parties or not.

What will be interesting to see is if they do have parties with less entertainment (dance parties, characters, no full parade, stage shows) what the price point will be.
It wouldn’t blow me away if they still charged the same price and tried to get away with all the reductions.

Indeed. They're still charging full price for the parks without fireworks, some shows or the MK afternoon parade.

Why would the parties be any different?

Animaniac93-98

What would differentiate the parties from normal operations?

- 1 or 2 exclusive (socially distanced) entertainment acts [Cadaver Dans on TSI rafts?]
- Ride overlays and the party decorations/music loops
- allowing people to wear costumes
- free candy or food and beverage card included in price (like Taste of DCA)
- socially distanced characters in costumes

Charge $75 + tax. The faithful will pay.

Touchdown

- 1 or 2 exclusive (socially distanced) entertainment acts [Cadaver Dans on TSI rafts?]

Doubtful, they could have done that last year.

HauntedMansionFLA

Hot take: if they can run the park at 35% capacity and have fireworks return, why couldn’t they also have a party and sell a number of tickets equal to 35% max capacity? That would easily be a profitable party.

A lot of entertainment is displaced as park greeters and attract. They could be transferred back to entertainment quickly. They wanted to get rid of seasonal fir a long time and this was their chance.

danv3

This, except at least $100, which people will pay without hesitation.

HauntedMansionFLA

The cost has to be a lot higher than that to make it worth their while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom